Reliable Point a to b transportation - otherwise kinda boring
By dreamer123890 on
2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
Camry is a good reliable car. Driven it 41k since Aug'09. Doesnt get your pulses going and begs to not go fast but its reliable, comfortable and spacious. The 4-cylinder engine is ok. Not as fuel efficient as compared to the current crop of midsize cars. I get about 26-27 mpg with mostly city driving. Highway driving gets 30 mpg. I am mostly satisfied but the interiors are cheap plastic and downmarket. HOwever seats are comfy. Suspension is soft but hits its max pretty quickly. I wouldnt buy a camry again - too ordinary and cheap looking for me. The new Accord looks amazing and has the same reliability, better fuel efficiency. I will probable consider that before i consider Camry.
Favorite Features
Reliability, Comfort, Space, quiet interiors even at highway speeds.
Suggested Improvements
Upgrade interior plastics, improve looks, tweak engine and suspension a bit to make it more comfortable over potholes and make it merging.
By mcdawgg
on 04/29/13 09:43 AM (PDT)

Comparing to brand new accord??? Of course the accord is going to get better mpg, it is a BRAND new design. I can get 32 mpg no problem on the highway in my 10 Camry. The '12 and '13 Camrys get more mpg than the 2010s. You also can't really say the accord has the same reliability - it has only been out a few months. If I didn't get the manual tranny, I'd be very concerned about the new CVT tranny on the accord until it has enough data to prove it is reliable.