Undeserved Reputation
By irishlager on
2010 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
This is my first Toyota and I bought the Camry based on Toyota's quality reputation. I now regret the purchase. I have experienced the following pre-mature repairs: 1. At 32k miles I had to replace all four tires. 2. At 40k miles I had to replace all four struts because they were leaking. I also had to replace all four suspension links. 3. At 43.5k miles I had to replace the right rear brake pads. The outside pad was completely worn out. When I removed the caliper, I noticed one of the caliper pins barely had any lubrication. This was causing the pad to remain engage with the rotor and pre-maturely wear out. The Toyota reputation of quality is undeserved.
Favorite Features
When not being repaired, it does have a quiet comfortable ride.
Suggested Improvements
Toyota needs to be competitive with its new vehicle warranty. It is only 3 year 36k miles. It should change 10 year 100k miles.
By mcdawgg
on 01/15/14 09:43 AM (PST)

Warranty is just like Honda, 3/36, and 5/60 powertrain. Camry is at least as good, or better (per a study just released by ??) than Accord for reliability. 32k for tires - mine were done at 36k. That's typical for any OEM tire on any car. No issue there. Check Toyota Nation, no big issues there - suspension, struts, nothing big on the 2010s. Brake pads - typical, see Accord if you want example of a car that has brake issues. Zero issues on mine which currently has 41k.

By misgg
on 03/19/14 09:25 AM (PDT)

I have driven Toyota Camry's for many years. They are getting worse and worse. I had the same brake problems. When I bought the car it had 39,675 miles on it. At 46,804 the rear brakes and cylinder had to be replaced because the cylinder was sticking. Then I noticed my car was riding very hard shortly after getting the oil changed. My oil light came on and I could not believe it! I was outraged when this happened three times. Come to find out, 2009-2011 Toyota Camry's are having an oil consumption problem. There was no oil on the engine or the ground, but it just disappeared. I was told that since my car was certified Toyota would replace my engine. I had to replace the wheel bearings on the front before I even had 80,000 miles on my car. Three major repairs on a Certified 2010 Toyota Camry LE in a short period of time. I am done with Toyota.

By mcdawgg
on 04/10/14 09:36 AM (PDT)

I have not seen any complaints on the 2.5L engine in 2010-current Camrys for oil consumption. I have on 2007 and 2008s, but those are 2.4L engines. Brakes do not show as problem areas per Consumer Reports. I have had no brake issues, and am at 43k. I would not say your one car is good statistical example of all 2010 Camrys, nor is mine, but CR doesn't, and it is a better sample than your one car and my one car. Besides, you bought it used, so you really don't know what happened to it before you bought it. Sorry about your unfortunate experience. That's why I hate to buy used.