Retired - Long Trip
By Ottawa on
2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
Over the past six weeks, drove to Florida and back. First car that doesn't aggravate my problem lower back, thanks to the power lumbar - great! Wife found the passenger seat to be very comfortable, even after 8 hours in the car on the first day with terrible weather in NY and Penn. She liked the cruise control, but would have preferred the buttons on the steering wheel like our Taurus had. I found the passenger seat could use power setup to get better sitting positions, although I had no trouble falling asleep. Probably because of the smooth and reasonably quiet ride. Came with Michelin Energy's which are fine, but noisy in turns.
Favorite Features
Plenty of power, even though we were really loaded down both ways. Coming back (sunny), no prob going thru the big Penn hills on I-81. 6 speed really maximizes the available power. Excellent gas mileage. iPod connection really nice. Sunroof great in Florida. Car is a real pleasure to drive.
Suggested Improvements
Offer fog lights as an option - I added aftermarket. Visibility poor when backing up (I am 5' 11"). Agree with others that transmission hunts and is rough in city traffic. Poor stereo system, speakers. Seating and carpet color too light. Memory seating. Cruise controls on steering wheel.