2010 Toyota Camry Consumer Review: Oil Pan gasket Already

2010 Toyota Camry - Consumer Review

2010 Toyota Camry

Oil Pan gasket Already
By OIL Pan Gasket on

2010 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought car 12-2009, The 2 weeks after bought it all the recalls came out. took it in they changed the gas pedal. and flashed my Memory. I noticed the car runs a little different( in a bad way). at 15,000 miles I notice oil in my driveway,thought it was my 2000 dodge caravan. But no it was my Camry.Took it in and they had to drop the oil pan and replace the Oil Pan Gasket. I've worked on cars for 32 years, had old junker etc and never had to replace a oil pan gasket, unless I pulled the motor and wanted to. 15,000 miles on a new car come on Toyota. The service guy couldn't explain why and said these things happen.

I love the 6 speed 4 cyl, lots of get up and go. But I've had the car for 9 month and still can't get a natural feel for the clutch. usually you get a instant feel for the clutch. No on this car for some reason. 6spd 32 Miles on HWY

Quality needs to improve. I'm thinking of trading in car for a Ford Fusion. Drove Honda Accord, not liking it. I think the big dogs Honda and Toyota don't care anymore.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By mcdawgg
on 06/03/11 09:38 AM (PDT)

Clutch, like all new cars with the electronic throttles, takes a little getting used to, but I have no complaints about my 2010 6 speed base manual. Zero problems at 15,000 miles.