Nice, Reliable, Comfortable, Economical
By mcdawgg on
2010 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)
No complaints after 2+ years (20k miles), no trips back to the dealer for ANYTHING. Only the accelerator recall, which will never cause a problem unless you put one mat on top of another and/or you don't use the clips to secure the mat. If you read the owner's manual and use common sense, you have nothing to worry about. But the recall changes the accelerator pedal so it is "idiot" proof. There is ZERO evidence of unintended acceleration or problems with the electronics, according to NASA. Good job to all the folks in Kentucky that built this car, and I am happy to see that 85% of the parts are also from North America! As a bonus, I also own Toyota stock, so I share in the profits
Favorite Features
6 speed manual transmission! Reliable, comfortable ride, large interior and trunk. Very little maintenance required (10,000 mile or 1 year oil changes). Very easy to do your own maintenance oil & filter changes, air filter changes, that's about it for the first 100,000 miles. Great miles per gallon, I can get 31 mpg on the highway at 72 mph with the AC on. I could get the EPA rating of 33 mpg if I was going a little slower, which is how the EPA tests all cars. Very quiet interior. Good acceleration for an inexpensive mid-size sedan.
Suggested Improvements
The forward cupholder is too close to the shift lever (manual transmission). Make the stick shift about 2 inches shorter. Needs more cupholders and needs a coin slot. Interior could be nicer with less plastic. I see the 2012 Camry has a much nicer interior. Some complain that the 6th gear only drops the rpms about 300. That is true, but unfortunately, all the other sedans with a manual transmission do the same thing - only a very small RPM drop with 6th gear vs. 5th.