2010 Toyota Camry Consumer Review: Definitely not An Improvement

2010 Toyota Camry - Consumer Review

Definitely not An Improvement over 2005
By Miguel on

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have just traded my 2005 LE in for a lease on a 2010 LE. I made the decision primarily for financial reasons. My 2005 was going on 60K and was going to need front brakes and new tires. It had also been in a couple of accidents, had a few quirky rattles - but otherwise drove fine. I had 4 more years to pay $250/ mnth loan. The generous ceiling height and cabin size was certainly better on the 2005 than the 2010. I also find the seats on the new Camry to be alot less comfortable. The 2010 doesn't handle bumps at low speeds very well - but cruises like a cream puff on the highway. I'm surprised this new generation Camry doesn't get better gas mileage than the 2005. It's a practical sedan.

the fact I leased at near 0% - no $ down, $1500 in negative equity, and got away with a car payment under $300. I would never buy this car - don't love it enough to keep it for the long haul. It's kinda like the Saturn Aura - rather mediocre fit, finish and ride.It seems safe despite the recall.

better suspension - or maybe tires?? More comfortable seats. Heated mirrors should be standard on a $21K car in the northeast. Seat fabric is some weird microsuede crap. Actually, interior plastics all seem a tad cheap. I would seriously consider Nissan Altima and new Hyundai Sonata before Camry.