2010 Toyota Camry Consumer Review: After a Year Good Overall Exce

2010 Toyota Camry - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

After a Year Good Overall Except in Snow
By dan_o on

2010 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After a year and 15,000 miles, I am happy overall with my purchase. The interior is very comfortable on long drives, the fuel economy of a four cylinder is great compared to a V6, handling in curves is decent for a family sedan, the exterior is stylish and I like knowing it has good crash test scores. The major complaint I have are: (1) Trans still hunts at times, though is much better than when new and (2) Traction Control and ABS braking do not work well in snow. TC is very grabby when starting up from a stop, and ABS brakes chatter a lot when stopping in snow.

Good crash test scores, comfortable seats on long drives, decent handling for a family sedan, good fuel economy with the four cylinder.

Trans computer needs a firmware update to address shifting issues, Main computer need firmware update to address ABS and Traction Control issues in snow. I'm also worried about how strong the bumbers are in a minor crash. Minor complaints include the right steering wheel stalk that controls the wipers - it is too easy to hit it accidentally, and the idiotic use of the odometer reset stalk to double as a dashboard light rheostat - very difficult to get to.