Used 2010 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Issues with Acceleration
By n2b

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my 7th Toyota, and a 3rd Camry. In spite of the news about unintended acceleration incidents I bought the Camry because of my past experience with Toyota's reliability. I found the 2010 models acceleration to be most uncomfortable and practically unusable. The response to the pressure on the accelerator pedal was a step up jerk rather than a ramped up response.It was a nightmare in stop&go traffic. The shop manager revealed that the pedal assembly from Toyota's US vendor was the ones needing the modifications to solve the pedal recalls. The Japanese Nippon Denso made pedals were of different design and were recall free. Did a special order with the latter - problem solved. All is well

Suggested Improvements

Uncomfortable seats for tall drivers. Needs support for the right leg. Make the seats wider. Bad visibility. The outside mirrors obstruct view during sharp right and left turns. The view during reversing is limited by the high placement of the rear seat windows. The earlier Camry design was better.

Good Car
By toyofan

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I first purchased a 2007 Camry and love it, so when the miles begin to creep up on me, I decided to go and purchase a newer model. I pick up the 2010 Camry LE with the V6 engine. I love this car. It has amazing speed and a comfortable ride. The tires was great, however I went and put rims on it which change my comfort level. It made my ride bumpier. In the end, I ended up trading this car after about 5 months for a Lexus, but I would recommend this car for anyone who wants a great car for a good price. Despite all of the news reports, Toyota still has it.

Favorite Features

The easy speed and comfortable ride.

Suggested Improvements

more features and a better radio system

Clunk when taking off from a stop
By Greg

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a new 2010 Camry. it has had a clunk when leaving a stop light with 3/4 to full tank of gas. It sounds as if the spare tire shifted. I have taken it in to HOOVER TOYOTA, Alabama 3 times and had a Toyota engineer come out and the dealer, engineer and service manager all heard the clunk. They went on to tell me it is within spec. I will never by a Toyota again. The dealer was so set on dodging the issue. The engineer told me it was something I had to deal with. I don't think a new car under 3000 miles should feel as if something is shifting in the trunk when you take off. Very bad service and car never again!

Favorite Features

nice looking car

Suggested Improvements

Fix the clunk!

Excellent car despite all the negativity
By Scrubs220

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my Camry about 6 months ago and I have to say that I absolutely love it. It is my first new car and after driving other comparable sedans, I think this is the smoothest family sedan at this price out there. The plush ride quality is more evident if you drive some other car after this one, and straightaway you will notice the difference. The fuel economy is great, interior is great, overall a great buy. and the 2011 is identical.

Favorite Features

Powerful engine, acceleration, 6 speed automatic, fuel economy

Suggested Improvements

better build quality, and competitors have a few more things coming standard, so Toyota needs to catch up in this aspect like bluetooth etc.

Camry Seats
By allen

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Overall quality and reliability is great BUT comfort is terrible. The seat cushions are way to small and there is absolutely no lower back support from the back rest. If you are over 5'9", buy something else, or you will curse yourself every time you have to get into this car.

Favorite Features

Reliability & engineering. I am impressed that the engineers even went back to steel timing belts.

Suggested Improvements

Comfort. The seats are horrible!