2010 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
My First Foreign Purchase
By coop1346 on 04/07/10 14:19 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have always purchased Chrysler. New. My father was a Chrysler retiree. I had a 2006 Dodge Caravan. I had replaced the brakes 4 times and the rotors 2 times...the water pump conveniently went out at 39 months and the alternator and transmission were acting up last week. I tried to get an American dealer to work me a deal with my van as a trade in and I could not get them to deal with me and get it in payments. I want a product that will outlive the loan...and so i finally purchased a foreign car but hey it was made in KY USA so it put food on an American family's table. Amen!

Great Ride
By Ohio Don on 04/06/10 19:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We bought this car for my wife at the end of the 2009, just prior to the giant recall fiasco. This is our 16th Toyota and while somethings have been decontented (non-sliding sun visors) the overall trend is certainly up. The car is nearly as comfortable as my 2005 Avalon. We just took it on an all highway round trip of 1000 mile and got a 34.1 MPG, actual, at speeds of 70-75 MPH. I am most pleased with the mileage. (The trip computer, however, is overly optimistic). Much of the trip was up and down mountain areas and did well going uphill without much effort. The car looks nice though not a styling stand out. Tires are the Bridgestones and nothing to write home about.

10,000 mile update
By jpr on 04/05/10 10:24 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

10,000 miles with a new Camry...am still impressed with the excellent air conditioning, quiet ride, and fuel mileage (32 mpg average with mixed freeway and city driving). No problems or unscheduled maintenance, took it in for the recall which was performed quickly. Looking back this was a good choice for my 50 mile daily commute. It is a great highway cruiser, quiet, smooth driver with excellent fuel mileage for its size.

2010 Toyota Camry LE
By Jessie Depa on 04/01/10 19:46 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Previously I own 2004 Toyta Camry LE 2.4L 4 cyl and I was averaging 28 mpg. New 2010 Toyota Camry LE 2.5L 4 cyl can`t get even 18 mpg and under 16 in city driving. I have open complaint case with Toyota on march 19, 2010 Dealer did not find any problem and I was advised to come back for recheck after first 5000 miles. So far I do not see any improvement as the engine is breaking. Checking other reviews I think maybe I have a LEMON

Love this car
By Loangoddess623 on 03/27/10 13:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Bought it in July '09 and coming up to 5,000 miles. Drives great, but will probably have the idle checked at 1st maint. & oil - idles a little rough occasionally when almost to a stop. The standard shift is fun to drive and everything I expected. Gas mileage is about 20 city/31 hwy. Added some upgrades; pin-striping, window tint, key fob and leather. Looks just like an LE and a stick-shift to boot ! Very roomy. Really like the "beefed-up" look of this generation. Was pleasantly surprised to see just how many amenities came with the base model. A lot of car for the money.

Great deal
By brandon on 03/25/10 11:18 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

took on a road trip the day after buying. it has plenty of room, power and comfort.

First Toyota
By JAI on 03/24/10 20:01 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After driving Aud,s for the past 5 years and doing less driving decided on a less expensive CAR. I am quite happy with the XLE but do miss some of the toys on the Audi.But for half the price the Camry is an excellent value.

Retired - Long Trip
By Ottawa on 03/22/10 06:44 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Over the past six weeks, drove to Florida and back. First car that doesn't aggravate my problem lower back, thanks to the power lumbar - great! Wife found the passenger seat to be very comfortable, even after 8 hours in the car on the first day with terrible weather in NY and Penn. She liked the cruise control, but would have preferred the buttons on the steering wheel like our Taurus had. I found the passenger seat could use power setup to get better sitting positions, although I had no trouble falling asleep. Probably because of the smooth and reasonably quiet ride. Came with Michelin Energy's which are fine, but noisy in turns.

Not what I expected from Toyota
By Kay on 03/16/10 20:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased the SE model and enjoy it's spunk. What I don't like is the numb steering feedback and the feeling that the car is not solid in contact with the road. The driver seat feels like sitting on slats of metal giving it spring instead of cushion. It's caused back issues and hip issues to climb in and out. The transmission is not smooth at low speeds with a slack or jerk feeling on take-off and at slow speed. The transmission feels indecisive. The SE's special cloth is a nightmare to keep looking clean. Two recalls on this car make me "regret buying it" and recalls have already decreased the resale value. The stock Michelin tires seem to generate too much road noise.

Better than I expected - Camry XLE
By Ray on 03/16/10 19:48 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I just got my Camry XLE 4 Cy and I am loving it, it has plenty of power good fuel economy, the exterior on the XLE looks great with the chrome grill, chrome exhaust pipe and other small details only available on the XLE. The Interior is luxury with tan leather, blue tooth and great sound system (JBL) and insulation. I just came from a Mercedes 2008, CLK 550 and I am not missing I thing. The Camry XLE is great.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Camry in VA is:

$123 per month*