Used 2010 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Oil Pan gasket Already
By OIL Pan Gasket

2010 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought car 12-2009, The 2 weeks after bought it all the recalls came out. took it in they changed the gas pedal. and flashed my Memory. I noticed the car runs a little different( in a bad way). at 15,000 miles I notice oil in my driveway,thought it was my 2000 dodge caravan. But no it was my Camry.Took it in and they had to drop the oil pan and replace the Oil Pan Gasket. I've worked on cars for 32 years, had old junker etc and never had to replace a oil pan gasket, unless I pulled the motor and wanted to. 15,000 miles on a new car come on Toyota. The service guy couldn't explain why and said these things happen.

Favorite Features

I love the 6 speed 4 cyl, lots of get up and go. But I've had the car for 9 month and still can't get a natural feel for the clutch. usually you get a instant feel for the clutch. No on this car for some reason. 6spd 32 Miles on HWY

Suggested Improvements

Quality needs to improve. I'm thinking of trading in car for a Ford Fusion. Drove Honda Accord, not liking it. I think the big dogs Honda and Toyota don't care anymore.

Camry is economical with comfort
By LEON

2010 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have put 15,000 miles on my camry. I drive 98% highway and my gas mileage is 32-34 mpg. I set the Cruise control and stay the limit. Comfort is fantastic. Driving 12 hours from nc to Ohio is the best! Has good power for going through the Virginia and West Virginia mountains. Suspension is that of a high dollar vehicle with a fraction of the expense. With oil changes only due every 10,000 miles, makes it convenient as well. I have owned over 60 vehicles in my driving years and this is the best value for the money I have owned. I have had Chevy, Dodge, Jeep, Mazda, Ford, Subaru, Mercury, etc. I went back to Toyota twice. Yes, my Toyota is American made - Tennessee - another reason I purchased.

Favorite Features

Ride, Convenience package, value, and price.

Suggested Improvements

Arm rest for right driver's seat that raises up or lowers for long travel.

10 months later
By petras52

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Still happy with my 4 cylinder le 10 months later. No reliability issues, observed mileage as high as 39 mpg in mostly hwy driving, decent performance from the smooth 4 cylinder 6 spd a/t does act differently from the 4 spds I'm used to in that when coasting, car decelerates quicker but I'm told this is normal, optional jbl stereo sounds good but display "washes out" in bright sunlight, very comfortable, quiet ride, maybe at the expense of better handling but that's ok considering my driving style. Absolutely no regrets buying this fine car.

Favorite Features

numerous storage areas, optional sound system, one of only a few vehicles that has a standard driver's knee bag,

Suggested Improvements

improve radio and instrument panel display in bright sunlight, offer extended sun visors, increase telescoping travel of steering wheel

Camry
By Toyota camry

2010 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Excellent vehicle with a reliability, very durable and a affordable sedan for the masses.

SE
By Reg

2010 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

A well built reliable car. Not fantastic mpg for size of car. The downfall of the SE model came when I took my first trip. Those seats are the most uncomfortable of any car I have ever owned. Both drivers and passenger. An 8 hr stint just about ruins your back and bottom! Horrible seats. I can't imagine a toyota engineer ever road in them for any length of time. Around town they are great, they look stylish and the electric controls 8 different positions, All bad. Note My wife is 125 lbs me about 185.

Favorite Features

Exterior design

Suggested Improvements

redesign seats, improve dash layout and radio