2010 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
6 speed transmission operation is poor
By FraunkH on 07/01/10 13:17 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

4 cylinder 2010 LE-6 speed auto. Transmission problems are numerous. Mileage at 15,00, issues are increasing. Transmission shifts hard, both up and down. Continually "hunts" for a gear. Down shifts occur during a coasting to a stop making the car lurch. Encountered transmission slip during shifts where revs will increase to 3-3500 with no transmission response. Also had the revs go to 7000 rpm when traveling at 70+mph and activating the cruise. Just like shoving in a clutch. 4 times to the dealer. Dealer says normal, might be a software update? Meanwhile, just a very unpleasant car to drive in the city or suburbs. On the plus side, on the highway at a steady 70+, 32 mph and rides great.

Took a chance
By John on 06/28/10 21:52 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Took advantage of the 0% 36 month lease and am very pleased after the first 60 days. I compared other cars, but kept going back to the Camry. This is the first year for the larger I-4, 6 speed trans. and I find it exceptionally strong. I chose leather, sport wheels and the sound package. It's large, very quiet, seamless shifting. I'm picky and I'm pleased beyond my expectations. I love the 'thunk' of the door, and the level of driving control. So far, other than a wheel balance problem, I can only say "wow". The new motor is wonderful. Getting about 20 MPG in town and 30 plus on the road. I'll submit another review later on. Have not had an acceleration problem thus far.

Big mistake camry 2010 xle
By abbas memon on 06/23/10 22:46 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The reason I bought the Camry is because I traded my 02 Camry xle and bought the same car thinking it will be as good as my 02 Camry. When it is windy car is very hard to control I am scared out of my mind that it is going to skid. I think the material they use now days (probably from China) is very cheap and crappy. Big mistake I hate the car and I am thinking about replacing it with a SUV or something els. I wish I had listened to my wife and bought SUV. I will probably loose a lot of money when & if I buy another car. I don't think they will give me fair price when I am trading it. I just had no idea that is is going to be so bad. I don't know what to do. I am afraid to drive it in winter.

I love it!
By katiek68 on 06/05/10 12:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I LOVE my Camry! It's the first 4 cylinder vehicle I've owned, but I'm very happy with the power it has. I agree in other reviews, though, about the transmission not being able to figure out what gear it's in when it's driving below 40 mph. It took some getting used to at first. But, other than that, I have no complaints! It says it gets 26mpg, but I'm averaging about 29-31 city/highway, which is my favorite thing about the car. I feel very safe when I'm in it and I love driving it. All 4 windows have auto function and that is definitely a plus. My first Toyota and I'm very impressed!

Will never buy a Toyota again
By 1st and Last Toyota on 06/01/10 13:33 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought a 2010 Toyota Camry LE with the 2.5L 4 cyl from my local dealership first impressions was overall good build quality, excellent road handling and it looks good although, Others seem to think it is very quiet with very little road noise. We hear much more wind turbulence than our older 2002 Honda. And driver side rattle not all the time, pretty ought and its annoying not helpful. Also rear or front Clunk Sound. I have taken it to the repair shop where I bought my car and they have heard the problem but cannot tell me what it is Really wish we had noticed it on the test drive. Disappointed.

Satisfied
By Satisfied on 05/25/10 21:47 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I currently own 2 American cars and my Camry is the first semi-American car I've owed. I love this car! It's got a better ride (to me) than a very popular America luxury car. I am impressed with the color, body style, and options. For what I paid, I couldn't have purchased a better car! Which leads me to what I call the "I don't know why that happened (IDKWH)" issues. After I drove off from the dealership, car stalled. I took it back they said, "IDKWH". Fine, then check engine light again. Take it back. Charcoal canister. Fine they fixed it. 4 months after the stall, it stalled again, take it back, "idkwh". I love this car I hope they car fix it or give me a new one. Buyer-b-aware!

New Car
By gofersatchmo on 05/24/10 11:28 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Just got a new 2010 Cary SE, my wife loves it, we're getting 30+ mpg in town and you can't beat that for the comfort and ride.

First Toyota
By Jessica on 05/23/10 00:19 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I was able to lease my 2010 Camry at an amazing deal. I traded in my 2007 Ford Explorer because of how bad my mpg were and wanted a car. We looked at the Corolla but it was to small for my family. My deal was so amazing they even put in leather seats. The inside is beautiful. I can see everyone's complaint about the cheap look to it but its still very nice and more classy then my Explorer. I miss having more room but the Camry is still a good size, even my hubby who is a big and tall guy fits well in it. I love the dash board at night and the extra storage areas in the car. I have had the car for about a month and am glad I choose this over an Accord, which I did not like the interior of.

My second Camry in the last three years
By Axesim on 05/22/10 18:41 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my first Camry LE 4 cycl in 2007. I had very major problems with it (transmission, brakes, burning oil, vibrations over 40 mph, torque converter, hesitation in accelerations, rattles, oil leakage and etc.). I took it to the service countless times for repair, but problems never ended. I sold it when I had only 14,000 miles on it. When Toyota came out with special offer for 2010 models and customer incentive program, I decided to give another chance to Toyota, bought 2010 LE 6 cyl this time. It is much quieter than 4 cyl. Driving is more fun, a lot of power and torque. I have only 1500 miles on it no problem so far. Gas consumption is better than my old 4 cyl.

Mostly Pleased After 6 Months
By LN on 05/20/10 20:35 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Always a rush to see my car's exterior. Quick acceleration; excellent stopping; super traction in rain; exhilarating drives with sport mode transmission. Overexposure to hard plastic: interior needs makeover on door panels, dash and console. Replace hard plastics on doors with soft vinyl & carpet. Charcoal color doesn't hide scuffs, dirt. Use metal on door/console panels where simulated aluminum is placed. Poor fit/finish where tilt/telescope wheel merges with dashboard. Easily damaged vinyl cladding around gauges & speedometer. Awkward wiper controls. Detached 12v outlet in console when using car vacuum. A/c slow to cool hot interior. Amazingly silent engine when idling.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Camry Sedan in VA is:

$123 per month*