Used 2010 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Tire alignment problems
By ken

2010 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this Camry 14 months ago and put almost every mile on it and really baby it. Since before 10,000 miles I started hearing tire noise. After having checked the tire dealer who said I had no warranty,Toyota ck and said the front end and rear alignment were out,I have never had to align a new car EVER.The tires are Bridgestone made for the Camry. This is my umpteenth new car, never have I ever had a problem, lucky me I guess. I traded a 09 corolla with a very similar problem.

JBL radio, great gas mileage, quiet ride, smart key

heated seats w/leather add a sub to the JBL like Honda refresh the looks

First and last Toyota-skip Toyota
By busbz

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Several weeks after leasing this Toyota Camry all of Toyota's concealed defects, recalls surfaced in the press etc. This Camry has spent more time in the dealers shop during the first year than any new or used vehicle I have ever purchased or leased. I personally have no confidence in Toyota, Santa Monica Toyota or the Toyota Camry. As such, I didn't sell my 2003 car, use it more than the Toyota Camry. As I approach the end of the first year of the lease the mileage is approximately 10,000 miles less than I anticipated driving. I had purchased additional miles upfront. This is the first and last Toyota I have leased or purchased and personally would not recommend Toyota or its products.

Lease can be taken over and I intend to look for an interested and informed party to do just that.

Disclosure of defects by Toyota before sale or lease to the consumer.

Six months and still HAPPY
By John

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After six months and the first 5K service (rotation and fluid checks) I still find this Camry a pleasure to both look at and drive. No problems to report, and although the city MPG is a little disappointing (20) I have squeezed 37 out of it on one road trip! Tons of others just like mine (other than the wheels) so you get lost in the crowd, but the quality build and feel is amazing. The local dealership has been very good, too. I can certainly continue to recommend this as an above average daily driver with enough room for most trips and ample power with the '4'. I'll get back with another update after one year.

The dash lay out, day and night is great. The radio and CD unit is acceptable for 'stock'. 4 window express up/down and silky tranny! Nice horn (no beep beep here)

City mpg should be higher. Rain and dirt get on the rocker panel too easily. Should be another seal on the bottom of the doors. Not much to pick at, just too good of a car.

Why Didn't I Get the Hyundai?
By Sadbuyer

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I feel like such an idiot for getting this car, even after reading reviews about the transmission issues, during the long test drive I didn't hear/feel the lackluster trans. I could have gotten a 2011 Sonata for 5K cheaper then is (26K, but the only reason I picked the Camry was due to the "Strong" V6, but this damn transmission doesn't let it deliver the power right away, feels like there is a 3-4 second gap. I just had a close call on the freeway where I needed to "gun it" and I had no instant response which forced me off onto the side of the FW. If I knew Hyundai was going to offer a turbo Sonata I would have waited, in fact I'm planning on waiting for it. Be safe Camry owners!

The seats and control layout is very simple, but nothing special. It's hard thinking of good things about it.

Please go back to your roots. I feel back that I prefer my 1998 Camry V6 over this bloated bland thing on wheels.

Solid and Powerful
By Big C

2010 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I asked a friend who repairs cars for a recommendation of a car that I could keep for 10 years. One of the four cars he recommended was the Camry. After a year of driving the car, I haven't been disappointed. It's a solid ride, powerful and smooth. Gas mileage has been great. My model is the XLE V6. It's a beautiful car and has lots of gadgets. For me, I'd rather have done without some of the gadgets and had the interior materials been nicer and the seating plusher.

The V6. The chrome accents and grill. I like the dash layout as well.

The interior could have been done better. Some of the parts don't line up. With a little less rushing, it could have been done nicer. The back sunscreen sometimes rattles and could use a little tweaking.