Used 2010 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

After a Year Good Overall Except in Snow
By dan_o

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After a year and 15,000 miles, I am happy overall with my purchase. The interior is very comfortable on long drives, the fuel economy of a four cylinder is great compared to a V6, handling in curves is decent for a family sedan, the exterior is stylish and I like knowing it has good crash test scores. The major complaint I have are: (1) Trans still hunts at times, though is much better than when new and (2) Traction Control and ABS braking do not work well in snow. TC is very grabby when starting up from a stop, and ABS brakes chatter a lot when stopping in snow.

Good crash test scores, comfortable seats on long drives, decent handling for a family sedan, good fuel economy with the four cylinder.

Trans computer needs a firmware update to address shifting issues, Main computer need firmware update to address ABS and Traction Control issues in snow. I'm also worried about how strong the bumbers are in a minor crash. Minor complaints include the right steering wheel stalk that controls the wipers - it is too easy to hit it accidentally, and the idiotic use of the odometer reset stalk to double as a dashboard light rheostat - very difficult to get to.

Not good on snow or ice
By deloreto

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I've had the Camry for 14 months now. With the exception of needing a front end alignment while weeks old, I've been pretty happy with its performance. That was until I drove on a snowy street! The Camry was all over the road with the hazard light flashing.....duh. I didn't need a flashing light to tell me the conditions. What is the purpose of having a hazard light if the car does nothing to correct the condition? If you're driving on snow, slush or ice take your time so the car doesn't lock up on you.gnment almost

The Camry is a Toyota and feel it's a reliable car and hopefully goes the distance.

Get sturdier and durable cushioning.

How could I've been so wrong?
By joe322

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The 2 factors in buying the auto were the name and 0% interest for 60 months. Within a week I'd had the vehicle back to thedealer twice(rain or snow coming off the roof when door opened, blind spots when vehicles pass,and then theres the transmission.) I'm 62 and have driven many vehicles but none like this. The tranny is always seeking a gear, it without warning downshifts at 40 mph, it drifts back on a hill when your changing from braking to acceleration, it revs to approx 5000rpm before engaging the tranny on a fast getaway and forget cruising thru the country at 25 to 30 miles and hour. And after reading your reviews today I find it's not my imaginationwhen I hear something rollin

or clunking in the trunk. I've filed papers with the Feds, NTSB, Toyota, and the dealer(Washington Toyota. The last time ended in a heated argument when they said my wife and I were different sizes as drivers so it takes a while for the computer to clear and run correctly. Lastly I can't believe that you have a large number of entries saying that the Toyota Camry is the greatest invention since sliced bread. Could it be that agents of the corporation are posting these reviews?

I'm loving my new Camry!
By beautifulrx3

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I used to have a 1996 light blue camry which I loved. It was a great car. Alas, I gave it to my grandmother and it is still running strong. Decided to purchase a new Camry. This car drives like a dream! It's a pretty gray metallic color. It's great on gas also. I've had for two weeks now haven't had to fill the tank. I can plug my Ipod touch into the Aux and play all my songs! It's about 30 degrees here so my seat warmer is getting a lot of action. The trunk is big and roomy. The seats are comfortable and cozy. My windows are tinted, so when I'm riding through town, I feel like a star..I'm not kidding! I am so glad I invested in another toyota. They really are great cars.

heated seats, roomy trunk,comfortable ride, pretty style and color.

ok. the dashboard with the stereo does look a little cheap.That's my only gripe!

Still excellent
By JonJon1223

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I LOVE my Camry SE. I do a lot of driving daily, mostly highway. I get 30+ mpg, the ride is comfortable and quiet, the seats are really nice, great stereo with XM radio. It's roomy and fun to drive. Don't believe all the negativity that appears here. It's mostly bogus. Camry is by far still above the Sonata, Accord, and Altima.

MPG, seats, stereo, handling, great engine, etc

Make heated side mirrors standard