2010 Toyota Camry Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2010 Camry Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Sort Reviews by

Issues with Acceleration
By n2b

2010 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my 7th Toyota, and a 3rd Camry. In spite of the news about unintended acceleration incidents I bought the Camry because of my past experience with Toyota's reliability. I found the 2010 models acceleration to be most uncomfortable and practically unusable. The response to the pressure on the accelerator pedal was a step up jerk rather than a ramped up response.It was a nightmare in stop&go traffic. The shop manager revealed that the pedal assembly from Toyota's US vendor was the ones needing the modifications to solve the pedal recalls. The Japanese Nippon Denso made pedals were of different design and were recall free. Did a special order with the latter - problem solved. All is well

Suggested Improvements

Uncomfortable seats for tall drivers. Needs support for the right leg. Make the seats wider. Bad visibility. The outside mirrors obstruct view during sharp right and left turns. The view during reversing is limited by the high placement of the rear seat windows. The earlier Camry design was better.

Good Car
By toyofan

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I first purchased a 2007 Camry and love it, so when the miles begin to creep up on me, I decided to go and purchase a newer model. I pick up the 2010 Camry LE with the V6 engine. I love this car. It has amazing speed and a comfortable ride. The tires was great, however I went and put rims on it which change my comfort level. It made my ride bumpier. In the end, I ended up trading this car after about 5 months for a Lexus, but I would recommend this car for anyone who wants a great car for a good price. Despite all of the news reports, Toyota still has it.

Favorite Features

The easy speed and comfortable ride.

Suggested Improvements

more features and a better radio system

Clunk when taking off from a stop
By Greg

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a new 2010 Camry. it has had a clunk when leaving a stop light with 3/4 to full tank of gas. It sounds as if the spare tire shifted. I have taken it in to HOOVER TOYOTA, Alabama 3 times and had a Toyota engineer come out and the dealer, engineer and service manager all heard the clunk. They went on to tell me it is within spec. I will never by a Toyota again. The dealer was so set on dodging the issue. The engineer told me it was something I had to deal with. I don't think a new car under 3000 miles should feel as if something is shifting in the trunk when you take off. Very bad service and car never again!

Favorite Features

nice looking car

Suggested Improvements

Fix the clunk!

Excellent car despite all the negativity
By Scrubs220

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my Camry about 6 months ago and I have to say that I absolutely love it. It is my first new car and after driving other comparable sedans, I think this is the smoothest family sedan at this price out there. The plush ride quality is more evident if you drive some other car after this one, and straightaway you will notice the difference. The fuel economy is great, interior is great, overall a great buy. and the 2011 is identical.

Favorite Features

Powerful engine, acceleration, 6 speed automatic, fuel economy

Suggested Improvements

better build quality, and competitors have a few more things coming standard, so Toyota needs to catch up in this aspect like bluetooth etc.

Camry Seats
By allen

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Overall quality and reliability is great BUT comfort is terrible. The seat cushions are way to small and there is absolutely no lower back support from the back rest. If you are over 5'9", buy something else, or you will curse yourself every time you have to get into this car.

Favorite Features

Reliability & engineering. I am impressed that the engineers even went back to steel timing belts.

Suggested Improvements

Comfort. The seats are horrible!

Great value for money
By sk

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I had a 2003 Toyota corolla. Excellent car. Drove over 170k miles before i sold it. Never had problem with it. Bought the 2010 Camry but was shocked to learn about the faulty acceleration soon after the purchase. Took it to the dealer and got it fixed. Never had any problem so far. I like everything in my new car except for the quality of plastic and fabric used to make the door pockets and the manual seat adjustment for front passenger seat.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats, Quiet and Smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

The plastic and fabric on the door.

A great purchase
By tappan01

2010 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After 12 years of GM cars, this Camry is a breath of fresh air! I love the way the car rides, handles (plenty of power with the 6cyl). I'm not crazy about the "smart Start" button stop/start - would like to feel those keys in my hand. The only problems I find with this car are minor design changes I would like to see: Poor "visibility" when backing the car up (can't see around the headrest. Trunk should lock in place when open. Seat belt placement is to low on seat - difficult to clasp. Cannot read printout on radio during day. All in all this is a great car for the money. Exactly the same as the Lexus ES350 except for some of the refinements.

Favorite Features

Smoothness of ride, good handling, power of 6 cyl, good sound system quality

Suggested Improvements

Change display on radio (can't read during day, poor visibility when backing up because of headrest, need better trunk operation, does not lock into place when open. Seat belt position is too low on seat (not easy to get to

This is quality?
By Ross

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

A/C works when it wants to. A/T shifting is bizarre. Interior panels mismatched badly. Terrible "orange peel" paint job. Truly glad I got it on a cheap lease. Can't wait to give it back. My wife's Sonata blows it away for a lot less $.

Favorite Features

Absolutely none

Suggested Improvements

Smoother auto trans

I love the car
By iamashokv

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I got the car almost a year back and absolutely love it. It drives really smooth and the controls are all ergonomically well placed. It does sometimes seems to struggle for power, but otherwise is a pleasure to drive. Recently drove a rental new Altima and should say that except for power, Camry felt a better car to drive. Gives me average of 31 miles/gal for a 80-20 combination of highway-city.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, gas mileage, silent drive, comfort for a ling drive.

Suggested Improvements

Power, music system.

Overall Great Family Sedan
By jlarry

2010 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The SE is definitely the better looking Camry amongst the other available choices which are boring, lets be honest.The pick up of the V6 is great and shifts are silky smooth. Handling isn't very sharp though, coming from an '02 Altima, it felt like I was driving a bus. Interior parts should be better, questionable fit and finish inside. Upgraded JBL is not great, the radio in my Nissan had more bass, however there is more detail in the music. The rear deck is all plastic, so expect some buzz when you crank it up. Nav input is slow and USB port is in a bad spot. The seats are SO comfortable, more bolstering would be nice. Its a great car that falls short in some areas, overall I love it.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth music streaming, heated seats and mirrors, driver-side power seat, smooth V6, back-up camera (makes reversing into a spot a cake walk)

Suggested Improvements

fix interior issues, move the USB and AUX audio port, improve handling to match SE label on the car, improve upgraded audio option, HID lights would be nice on a 30k Camry!