Used 2010 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

2010 Camry LE 2.5 automatic
By rji1

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this with 14000 mi and have put on nearly 6k of mixed driving. Having owned everything from economy cars to muscle cars I was not sure how I would feel about what many look at as an old mans car. Being a modestly priced car I was pleasantly surprised at the fit and finish. The interior although well designed, uses what seems to be low quality materials. Silver painted plastic is the choice over brushed aluminum. I quickly corrected this with a wood grain overlay kit. Safety is a big plus with the Camry and shows with it's safety rating. Front and side air bags, knee bag along and standard traction control and abs add to the security. This car exceeds my expectations.

The ride is impressive. It rides as smoothly as many cars twice the price. Engine and trans are silky smooth. Power is fine for daily highway or city driving. The trans keeps the engine in the right torque range and the smooth shifts of the 6 speed automatic are not annoying. Very good gas mileage. 25 city and a little over 33 on the freeway. Controls and dash are easy to use and read. Seat backs and headrests are among the best I have ever seen. The seat bottoms are a little small but the power seat allows most to find a comfortable position. The trunk is fairly large with a low lift over height. Rear room is better than average. Head and leg room are OK for adults.

Not too many negative features but I would like to see the seat bottoms a little larger. Also add and extension to the sun visor to cover the side window when you are diving with the sun low in the sky. A higher grade of plastic and fabric on the interior. Only time will tell how well it will hold up. Overall this is a well made car that is comfortable, safe, economical, with better road manners than most give it credit for. They are made in Kentucky and have more American made parts than any car. So in this era of world wide trade, this car does add to the US economy.

Toyota moving Backwards
By mespinosa1988

2010 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After purchasing the car with 39000 miles two weeks later my wire harness in the transmission went out. Took it to the dealer and they didnt cover it under the power train warranty even though they had to pull my whole tranny. That was a 900 dollar repair. After getting it back my transmission feels sluggish, it accerates and deccerates at the wrong times, Overall the Tranny sucks on this vehicle everything else is nice about the car. But i hate that its such a beautiful car except for the tranny and I wonder how much longer its going to last me :( Sad to say for a 2010 toyota camry.

Transmission

Nice, Reliable, Comfortable, Economical
By mcdawgg

2010 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

No complaints after 2+ years (20k miles), no trips back to the dealer for ANYTHING. Only the accelerator recall, which will never cause a problem unless you put one mat on top of another and/or you don't use the clips to secure the mat. If you read the owner's manual and use common sense, you have nothing to worry about. But the recall changes the accelerator pedal so it is "idiot" proof. There is ZERO evidence of unintended acceleration or problems with the electronics, according to NASA. Good job to all the folks in Kentucky that built this car, and I am happy to see that 85% of the parts are also from North America! As a bonus, I also own Toyota stock, so I share in the profits

6 speed manual transmission! Reliable, comfortable ride, large interior and trunk. Very little maintenance required (10,000 mile or 1 year oil changes). Very easy to do your own maintenance oil & filter changes, air filter changes, that's about it for the first 100,000 miles. Great miles per gallon, I can get 31 mpg on the highway at 72 mph with the AC on. I could get the EPA rating of 33 mpg if I was going a little slower, which is how the EPA tests all cars. Very quiet interior. Good acceleration for an inexpensive mid-size sedan.

The forward cupholder is too close to the shift lever (manual transmission). Make the stick shift about 2 inches shorter. Needs more cupholders and needs a coin slot. Interior could be nicer with less plastic. I see the 2012 Camry has a much nicer interior. Some complain that the 6th gear only drops the rpms about 300. That is true, but unfortunately, all the other sedans with a manual transmission do the same thing - only a very small RPM drop with 6th gear vs. 5th.

Couldn't Be Happier
By dginga

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We bought our 2010 Camry at the height of all the Toyota recall hype because we were confident it was nonsense - and it was. We could not be happier with our purchase. We got a great deal, the dealer was a delight, and the car is great. We take a LOT of long car trips and this car is comfortable, gets decent gas mileage (30 mpg), holds a lot of luggage and, most importantly, is reliable! Our previous car was a Volkswagon Passat wagon, and it was in the shop all the time, so reliability was key. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.

Leather seats, faux wood-grain trim, quiet ride, reliability.

Update after 2yrs. of ownership
By piratemorgan

2010 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The Camry has done it's job for me and the Mrs.. We're still not tired of it, as we were with our Impala's at this point in ownership. Build quality has been excellent, no rattles, no problems, one recall (floor mat). A great experience. I do have one complaint that I can forgive, and hope it's fixed in 2012 model, the transmission. Very awkward city and country road driving, constantly "hunts" for gear, refuses to "coast", downshifts or upshifts at precisely the wrong time. If you ease into the gas it shifts within a few feet and drops you into a sluggish 2nd gear in an attempt to save fuel I guess. But alas, the "tricks" it's doing doesn't help that much in mpg's. We'll live with it.

Still stylish, I get jealous when I see same color (Magnetic Gray) and model (SE) around town. Great minds think alike. Handles like a dream, very nice cornering ability. It's no Lamborghini but I have had had worse, like the body rolling Impala. Interior fit and finish has been average, I find it somewhat boring.

For 2012, my hopes: An improved (fit & finish) and stylish interior, too many years of the same old. Seat bottoms could use a few another inch or so. I find my mid thighs unsupported, but I am 6'. A MUCH better shifting transmission or at least a sport option to lose the quick upshifts to taller gears and let the car "coast" in any option. Wife complains that I am doing something with the gas because it gets that jerky on hilly country roads. Heated side view mirrors on SE trim level standard. Carpet could be a little thicker nap, but that goes with interior fit & finish and now I'm just being picky ... it is carpet, and I don't have to sleep on it.