Used 2010 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Reliable car but that's it!
By thedriver93

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My dad bought me this car when I graduated high school. I got an all white with backup camera and cloth seats. It was great at first because it was my first car and all but that wore off, QUICK! It was recalled for unintended acceleration which dropped its resale value 3 months after I bought it. The bottom of the car would scrape every time I would pull into anyplace including my own drive way which was rediculouslu annoying and ended up havin the bottom drag everywhere I drove which wasn't pleasant. Needless to say, never buying another Camry, EVER

Favorite Features

Backup camera

Suggested Improvements

Heighten the front end, a little more power, better gas mileage.

Toyota Camry weld problems!
By toyotalemon

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My son bought a new Camry from Dave Edwards Toyota, Spartanburg, SC -it's been in the shop all but 5 days in 1 month, and is still there. Toyota is sending an Engineer to assess the faulty welds in the chassis. The car is making strange noises when when ''accelerate" and 'stop'. The dealership tells him they are out of the picture - it's between him and Toyota. Although he took it back within 3 days after he purchased it- bad weld on the chassis. It is now in the shop awaiting a Toyota Engineer who will advise how to weld without interfering with electrical parts - the noise is also coming from the rear and that is a separate issue. DO NOT BUY A TOYOTA! I feel so sorry for him!

Favorite Features

Run-around at Dave Edwards Toyota

Suggested Improvements

I do not know how to improve on making an automobile - I just know I will never, ever buy a Toyota

A great purchase
By tappan01

2010 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After 12 years of GM cars, this Camry is a breath of fresh air! I love the way the car rides, handles (plenty of power with the 6cyl). I'm not crazy about the "smart Start" button stop/start - would like to feel those keys in my hand. The only problems I find with this car are minor design changes I would like to see: Poor "visibility" when backing the car up (can't see around the headrest. Trunk should lock in place when open. Seat belt placement is to low on seat - difficult to clasp. Cannot read printout on radio during day. All in all this is a great car for the money. Exactly the same as the Lexus ES350 except for some of the refinements.

Favorite Features

Smoothness of ride, good handling, power of 6 cyl, good sound system quality

Suggested Improvements

Change display on radio (can't read during day, poor visibility when backing up because of headrest, need better trunk operation, does not lock into place when open. Seat belt position is too low on seat (not easy to get to

engine noise
By Ronald Kennedy

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought this Camry new in June 2009.Has the 2.5 engine. It has 24400 miles. It has developed a clatter in the engine. I had a mechanic look at it and he said it sounded like the timing chain. He did some research and found several tech bulletins relating to timing chains and engine noise. This was my first Toyota and will be my last. Repair was estimated to be $1000.Not gonna happen.

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

Better shifting transmission and more reliable engine.

First and last Toyota-skip Toyota
By busbz

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Several weeks after leasing this Toyota Camry all of Toyota's concealed defects, recalls surfaced in the press etc. This Camry has spent more time in the dealers shop during the first year than any new or used vehicle I have ever purchased or leased. I personally have no confidence in Toyota, Santa Monica Toyota or the Toyota Camry. As such, I didn't sell my 2003 car, use it more than the Toyota Camry. As I approach the end of the first year of the lease the mileage is approximately 10,000 miles less than I anticipated driving. I had purchased additional miles upfront. This is the first and last Toyota I have leased or purchased and personally would not recommend Toyota or its products.

Favorite Features

Lease can be taken over and I intend to look for an interested and informed party to do just that.

Suggested Improvements

Disclosure of defects by Toyota before sale or lease to the consumer.