2010 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Six months and still HAPPY
By John on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After six months and the first 5K service (rotation and fluid checks) I still find this Camry a pleasure to both look at and drive. No problems to report, and although the city MPG is a little disappointing (20) I have squeezed 37 out of it on one road trip! Tons of others just like mine (other than the wheels) so you get lost in the crowd, but the quality build and feel is amazing. The local dealership has been very good, too. I can certainly continue to recommend this as an above average daily driver with enough room for most trips and ample power with the '4'. I'll get back with another update after one year.

Why Didn't I Get the Hyundai?
By Sadbuyer on 10/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I feel like such an idiot for getting this car, even after reading reviews about the transmission issues, during the long test drive I didn't hear/feel the lackluster trans. I could have gotten a 2011 Sonata for 5K cheaper then is (26K, but the only reason I picked the Camry was due to the "Strong" V6, but this damn transmission doesn't let it deliver the power right away, feels like there is a 3-4 second gap. I just had a close call on the freeway where I needed to "gun it" and I had no instant response which forced me off onto the side of the FW. If I knew Hyundai was going to offer a turbo Sonata I would have waited, in fact I'm planning on waiting for it. Be safe Camry owners!

Solid and Powerful
By Big C on 10/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I asked a friend who repairs cars for a recommendation of a car that I could keep for 10 years. One of the four cars he recommended was the Camry. After a year of driving the car, I haven't been disappointed. It's a solid ride, powerful and smooth. Gas mileage has been great. My model is the XLE V6. It's a beautiful car and has lots of gadgets. For me, I'd rather have done without some of the gadgets and had the interior materials been nicer and the seating plusher.

Oil Pan gasket Already
By OIL Pan Gasket on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought car 12-2009, The 2 weeks after bought it all the recalls came out. took it in they changed the gas pedal. and flashed my Memory. I noticed the car runs a little different( in a bad way). at 15,000 miles I notice oil in my driveway,thought it was my 2000 dodge caravan. But no it was my Camry.Took it in and they had to drop the oil pan and replace the Oil Pan Gasket. I've worked on cars for 32 years, had old junker etc and never had to replace a oil pan gasket, unless I pulled the motor and wanted to. 15,000 miles on a new car come on Toyota. The service guy couldn't explain why and said these things happen.

Camry is economical with comfort
By LEON on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have put 15,000 miles on my camry. I drive 98% highway and my gas mileage is 32-34 mpg. I set the Cruise control and stay the limit. Comfort is fantastic. Driving 12 hours from nc to Ohio is the best! Has good power for going through the Virginia and West Virginia mountains. Suspension is that of a high dollar vehicle with a fraction of the expense. With oil changes only due every 10,000 miles, makes it convenient as well. I have owned over 60 vehicles in my driving years and this is the best value for the money I have owned. I have had Chevy, Dodge, Jeep, Mazda, Ford, Subaru, Mercury, etc. I went back to Toyota twice. Yes, my Toyota is American made - Tennessee - another reason I purchased.

10 months later
By petras52 on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Still happy with my 4 cylinder le 10 months later. No reliability issues, observed mileage as high as 39 mpg in mostly hwy driving, decent performance from the smooth 4 cylinder 6 spd a/t does act differently from the 4 spds I'm used to in that when coasting, car decelerates quicker but I'm told this is normal, optional jbl stereo sounds good but display "washes out" in bright sunlight, very comfortable, quiet ride, maybe at the expense of better handling but that's ok considering my driving style. Absolutely no regrets buying this fine car.

Camry
By Toyota camry on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Excellent vehicle with a reliability, very durable and a affordable sedan for the masses.

SE
By Reg on 09/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

A well built reliable car. Not fantastic mpg for size of car. The downfall of the SE model came when I took my first trip. Those seats are the most uncomfortable of any car I have ever owned. Both drivers and passenger. An 8 hr stint just about ruins your back and bottom! Horrible seats. I can't imagine a toyota engineer ever road in them for any length of time. Around town they are great, they look stylish and the electric controls 8 different positions, All bad. Note My wife is 125 lbs me about 185.

Issues with Acceleration
By n2b on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my 7th Toyota, and a 3rd Camry. In spite of the news about unintended acceleration incidents I bought the Camry because of my past experience with Toyota's reliability. I found the 2010 models acceleration to be most uncomfortable and practically unusable. The response to the pressure on the accelerator pedal was a step up jerk rather than a ramped up response.It was a nightmare in stop&go traffic. The shop manager revealed that the pedal assembly from Toyota's US vendor was the ones needing the modifications to solve the pedal recalls. The Japanese Nippon Denso made pedals were of different design and were recall free. Did a special order with the latter - problem solved. All is well

Good Car
By toyofan on 09/06/10 16:43 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I first purchased a 2007 Camry and love it, so when the miles begin to creep up on me, I decided to go and purchase a newer model. I pick up the 2010 Camry LE with the V6 engine. I love this car. It has amazing speed and a comfortable ride. The tires was great, however I went and put rims on it which change my comfort level. It made my ride bumpier. In the end, I ended up trading this car after about 5 months for a Lexus, but I would recommend this car for anyone who wants a great car for a good price. Despite all of the news reports, Toyota still has it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Camry in VA is:

$122 per month*