Used 2010 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Rear defogger problem
By nikita

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

As a Toyota fan with 4 previous Toyota cars (3 Camrys and 1 Corolla) I should say it is a great car. Acceleration is great with the V6 engine, I like the wood dash trim. I have put 4K on the car so far and I love it. The only complaint I have at this point is the rear defogger. It does not work. It is on the same button with the heated side mirrors and they work just fine but not the rear window defogger. I hope it is not a major problem to fix and I am taking the car back to the dealership to fix it.

Favorite Features

Engine power, seats, stereo system with blue tooth.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the rear window defogger issues

Good buy
By boyboy

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We had the car for 7 months drives well specially with use of sequential shift. The dealer give couples of thousand below mssrp+ apr and I get the car in 3 hours. Gas average 24 mpg not bad and I got free remote starter. Awesome deal

Favorite Features

Sequential shift. Sounds system, good acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

none

A Middle Class Mercedes
By LN

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Outstanding exterior compared to current Lexus and Mercedes sedans. Dwarfs entire Camry lineup in style and ride. Excellent pickup from dead start. Braking is less than expected, especially with 4 wheel discs, ABS, 17/55 sport tires. Amazing 6 Speed transmission: silky smooth feel/power transfer. Sporty suspension/steering is controlled, responsive, and absorbs bumps well. Grating road noise from Toyo Proxie tires robs me of pleasure. Cutting edge style and technology diminished by shortcomings of interior design, finish and materials: Side Mirror, Cruise, Wiper Controls Challenging at Night. Cheap carpeting and inferior door trim plastics. Dash rattling when A/C on.

Favorite Features

Perforated, Heated Leather Seats. Distinctive Exterior: Wheels, Lower Body Moldings, Grille. Satellite Radio With Handsfree Phone. Radio/Phone Controls on Steering Wheel. Valet Trunk Lock. Automatic Headlamps. Auto Dim Mirror W/Compass. Great Horn. LED tail lamps

Suggested Improvements

Cover exposed front seat bolts. Lighted visor vanities. Reposition/ illuminate mirror, wiper, cruise, trunk release controls. Bluetooth easier to program w/ more memory. Seatbelts easier to buckle. Recirculate mode on A/C for all functions. Breakaway Door Mirrors W/ Turn Signals. Thicker Carpets.

Fun & Practical all in one
By bob

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought the XLE loaded except for the 3.5 engine, which after test driving, I discovered I did not need. The new 2.5 plus the 6 spd AT is much more responsive than my '04 LE. Car is fun to drive, spacious even in the back seats, comfortable, & has great big trunk. I like the fog lights, keyless entry. Leather interior is luxurious. Seems to have all of the extra's found on a late model Lexus, which I also test drove, except the little "L" on the front. I can get gas mileage 10% in excess of its rating.

Favorite Features

responsiveness, dependability, feeling of luxury without a luxury price, keyless entry system. It's just really fun to be in and to drive.

Suggested Improvements

None I can think of.

Don't Buy This Junk!!
By Toledojoe

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Toyota has fallen off of their pedestal. The transmission shifting is horrible in city traffic. Shifting is very erratic and clunky. There is also a drag on the transmission during coasting speeds and when approaching a stop. The transmission is constantly clunking and jarring the car when slowing down or approaching a stop. Surprisingly, the dealers all know about it and shrug it off as not important. One had the audacity to tell me it was a "safety feature" to which they quickly retreated from upon further reasoning. Don't buy one!!!! These cars are junk! What happened to Toyota quality?

Favorite Features

Tires; at least you can replace them if they perform poorly.

Suggested Improvements

Trash the transmission and go back to what works!!!!