2010 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Pretty Nice Car
By dodoadiesel on 08/04/09 12:33 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I drove everything before buying the Camry 2.5 i4 LE. Jettas, Accords, CRV's, Civics, Corollas, Matrix, Prius, Vibe, Sonatas, Elantras, Fusion, Outbacks and Foresters. Camry is quiet, has plenty of power, roomy, trunk is cavernous. Fold down 60/40 seats in the back lets you put six foot long objects in there. Interior is very functional - won't win any design awards but it is comfortable and the instrumentation is easy to see. Basic stereo is nice and plays MP3 CDs with aplomb. Six speed shifts smoothly and the car likes to operate at around 2000 rpms. Got 32.6 MPG with my first tankful - mixed driving. Handling is nimble for a family sedan.

Poor Design
By Jim on 07/30/09 05:31 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I've driven many Toyota's and this one is rather dull and disappointing. Pickup and handling is fine. The low end version of the car isn't very comfortable, but maybe the high end version is. The car doors don't close without extra force. They are probably too light and it is easy to think they are closed until you start driving. Finally the back seat has gaps near the seat belt. We actually lost things in these gaps, and you cannot get to them unless you go to the dealer and remove the seats! Not a family car.

Better than Accord
By Auburn Q on 07/29/09 19:11 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I've driven my new 2010 Camry XLE for about 3 weeks. I have an average of 30 MPG of combined city and highway miles, which is very good. I particularly enjoy the smooth, quiet and comfortable ride of this model. Having test-driven the Honda Accord, it was easy for me to make a decision to purchase the XLE even though it cost me ~$2K more. It is well worth it.

Disgust
By Charles on 07/29/09 06:50 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

First of all, I farm in ND and like thing simple. Recently I traded in my 2009 Camry for the 2010 model which will be my 7th Camry. Thus far I have been very happy with the Camry model, but recently I attempted to change the oil. When I crawled under the vehicle I discovered that Toyota has gone backwards in their oil filter design and type. The new "feature" is a canister filter instead of the spin on type. It requires a $50 tool just to remove the newer filter. I run 300 horsepower plus tractors and they went away from canister filters many years ago for simplicity sake, and so I see this recent filter change as a backwards step. I find this step to be both irritating and disappointing.

2010 Camry LE
By Dom on 07/26/09 08:14 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Can't go wrong with this car. Quiet, ride is great, gas mileage is outstanding (29 mpg first tank), all latest safety features (knee airbag, ESC, Traction Control, ABS). The new 2.5 liter engine and 6 speed transmission is a significant improvement. It behaves like a V6 and the power doesn't poop out at high speeds. I have a Lexus GS series also and this Camry is not much different (ride, quiet) for thousands less.

Great Car... But
By eveyy on 07/25/09 20:20 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

In June 2009, I purchased a 2010 Camry LE with leather seat option. I traded in my 12 yr. old Buick Century for my first Toyota and I miss the smooth ride on long trips. It's roomy, has great pick-up for a 4 cyl. and is easy to handle. I have automatic transmission and notice a definite bothersome downshift when slowing down. Averaged 32 mpg on a 6 hour road trip with mostly interstate driving. Very pleased about that. Not so pleased about comfort of the car and seats on the long trip. I had to purchase a donut cushion to sit on for the return. Unlike my Century, on bumpy patches of highway, I felt every bump & vibration. Road noise was also high and had to turn the radio way up.

2010 toyota camry XLE
By Michael on 07/22/09 16:39 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Just bought a 2010 Toyota Camry XLE, love the car. Drives as if it is sliding on wet glass, smooth, and quiet you can actually hear yourself breathe in this car. My only problem that I have is the interior door molding where the two separate material meets, the quality work is very poor, there are gaps where the materials are joined, and at present I am told that is the way they are by my dealership. With no fix for them.

Smooth but FUN!
By TTSSN on 07/22/09 02:24 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Upgrading from a 2002 Toyota Corolla S. Toyota has served me well so why wander away: No more Celica or MRS, don't want a Scion, Solara's aren't the prettiest of things...Let's get a Camry SE! My Corolla had a decent aftermarket suspension setup, and my new Camry SE handles better through the canyon roads with more power to boot! Driving to/from work, the drive is smooth and relaxed. JBL sound system with the sun roof open is great driving down the coastline. Haven't taken it on a long (50+ miles) drive yet. For now I'd say the the interior is very comfortable. Plenty of room for four adults. The exterior is gorgeous. Even had local police comment on it at an intersection!

Camry 2010
By Darren on 07/21/09 20:34 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Car has nice exterior looks, but the inside is bland with cheap materials and looks. Ride is smooth as expected, but it seems like the engine is weaker than the Accord LX 4 cylinder from what I've noticed. My sister-in-law has an Accord and it has much better room and it feels more plush and safe. Camry does feel more quiet, but not much. Overall this car is good, but overrated. I'd take the Accord over this car.

2010 Camry SE V6
By AVA on 07/14/09 13:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Picked up my new 2010 Camry SE V6 last week. Got one with Sports Leather package. Very smooth ride. Quiet engine, pull like a freight train.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Camry in VA is:

$123 per month*