Used 2010 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Not what I expected from Toyota
By Kay

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased the SE model and enjoy it's spunk. What I don't like is the numb steering feedback and the feeling that the car is not solid in contact with the road. The driver seat feels like sitting on slats of metal giving it spring instead of cushion. It's caused back issues and hip issues to climb in and out. The transmission is not smooth at low speeds with a slack or jerk feeling on take-off and at slow speed. The transmission feels indecisive. The SE's special cloth is a nightmare to keep looking clean. Two recalls on this car make me "regret buying it" and recalls have already decreased the resale value. The stock Michelin tires seem to generate too much road noise.

The Camry is roomy and rides smoothly for the most part. The engine has plenty of power and is responsive. The SE suspension rides best when pushed on curvy roads. The SE looks great!

Road feel please! I like to know I'm in control of the car not floating on a marshmallow. Upgrade upholstery to more nonporous fabric or softer. Don't locate USB port in back of cubby where it can't be seen or accessed while driving. Smooth out the shift actuators in transmission.

Better than I expected - Camry XLE
By Ray

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I just got my Camry XLE 4 Cy and I am loving it, it has plenty of power good fuel economy, the exterior on the XLE looks great with the chrome grill, chrome exhaust pipe and other small details only available on the XLE. The Interior is luxury with tan leather, blue tooth and great sound system (JBL) and insulation. I just came from a Mercedes 2008, CLK 550 and I am not missing I thing. The Camry XLE is great.

Chrome Details and Grill, Blue Tooth, Comfort, The way it rides, fuel economy and the way it rides.

Navigation should cost only $500.

Surprisingly Fun
By MCarz

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

So in the midst of all the recalls, I took delivery of my 2010 Camry SE (I have the Denso pedal.) I previously had a Subaru Legacy and Honda Accord Coupe, and this is by far the most fun and roomy. Camry SE steps it up with the more sporty suspension and interior upgrades, plus the exterior modifications sure do let the car stand out in a crowd. This car is perfect for one or five since its extra roomy yet not over the top bulky. The car drives relatively smooth, just a few little road noises here and there. I'm surprised that I never even considered a Camry before, especially after having driven mine!

Love the LED tail lamps and redesigned front end! The stock (basic) audio system is pretty decent and offers satellite radio (extra). Overall, the interior is roomy and comfortable.

I wish that USB hookup, bluetooth and Satellite radio were standard with this vehicle, not options. The cars are pre-wired for the Satellite radio, but costs an extra $475 for the receiver! Also, it would be nice to have heated exterior mirrors offered in lower trim levels (not just XLE/Leather).

6600 Miles So Far
By Fair Assessment

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is our third Toyota. I drive about 80 miles round trip to work. The drive is mostly highway. The car is comfortable. However, the gas mileage is not quite where it should be about 27 MPG. I expected closer to 30. This is comfortable overall. However, if you are over 6'3", don't buy it. My older son is 6'4" and he doesn't fit well. The handling is OK, but remember this is a family car not a sports car. I have not had any issues. I did have recall fix applied at my 5,000 service. The car goes very well in the snow with the standard tires. I drove 400 miles in treacherous conditions (12+ inch snow storm) with no problems.

My favorite feature is that it handles well in the snow including on hills. It does just as well if not better than my wife's Rav4 in the snow.

Advertise the true mileage not the 32 MPG. Also, the transmission does occasionally lag when the accelerator is pressed down.

comfortable cruiser
By petras52

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Quiet, comfortable ride, le version well equipped, lots of storage space, getting 27 mpg in 50/50 hwy/light city traffic with winter blend fuel and easy going driving style. Decent acceleration with the smooth 4 cyl eng, never felt the need for more power, interior has lots of plastic but at least it's tastefully done and to be expected at this price point. Optional jbl stereo sounds good, esp with cds. Overall I think it's a good value and I would still buy again even with the current recalls.

stability control,lots of airbags incl driver's knee airbag, jbl stereo option..

door sills need better seals, they get dirty very easily..make heated mirrors std.

• SUV