2010 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Everything you would expect from Toyota
By BC on 08/29/09 07:43 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I drove the Sonata, Accord, and Malibu before choosing the Camry. I enjoyed all the cars except for the Honda. When 0% interest hit I took the Camry out for a spin. This vehicle is smooth, quiet, and surprisingly peppy. I have read the reviews about the interior and I feel that it is very adequate. I also enjoy the ride and like the steering feel. As a commuter or family vehicle you can't go wrong with the Camry. This is my first Toyota and I am impressed thus far.

Nice car
By Ottawa on 08/29/09 06:48 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Have had the car a few days. Almost perfect in every respect. Got the Touring Package - well worth it. Never had a moonroof before - nice. Gas mileage a bit disappointing so far given I'm taking it easy, but until broken in, not surprising. Bad lower back, so really like the power lumbar support. Only complaint - the brake pedal clunks when released. Should have added a rubber stop to prevent this. Michelin Energy tires handle fine but a bit noisier than expected at 100 k per hour. Test drove the 2.4 2009 with 5 speed trans. Perhaps my imagination, but the 2.5 6 speed seemed a lot more responsive, + LED tail lights, new front end design, & claims of better gas mileage, so went with the 2010.

First New Toyota
By RDM on 08/27/09 10:39 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We test drove the Fusion, Accord and Senata before deciding on the Camry. We had a used 93 Camry. The XLE w/3.0 is responsive and comfortable on the road - we picked it up on a Friday and went on a 600 mile trip that weekend. Avg 26 MPG - Love the Smart Key system - it does seam a bit noisy but not excessive.

Quiet but a bit boring
By hurls on 08/17/09 19:03 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my first Toyota. I narrowed it down to the Accord, Fusion and Camry. Chose Camry because I got the best deal. After factoring the Toyota 0% for 60 months it made Camry several thousand less than the others. I have had the Camry for a few days and each day I like it better. Feels solid and a very quiet ride. First tank of gas was only 24mpg with 60% Freeway/30% City. I think I am going to be very happy with this vehicle for years to come. It's just not a smile on your face, blast to drive.

Smooth power-train cheap interior
By shan on 08/16/09 15:21 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The power-train is smooth, with a very quiet and smooth 4 cyl, but tire noise is well heard on the slightest rough pavement. And what was Toyota thinking by putting velvet cloth for door arm rests that will get dirty and is not very washable--just plain stupid! The seat material is 70's looking and looks cheap, and the fuzzy head-liner has to go. And how much would it have cost to include an ipod and usb port as standard? The Sonata has them. The carpet is really thin and cheap feeling.

Great Reliable Camry...
By Mike Smith on 08/12/09 08:14 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I upgraded from a 2006 Corolla to a 2010 Camry and after driving the Camry for about 10 days I feel that I never want to drive the Corolla again. The overall ride quality is great, very quiet, very reliable, acceleration for a V4 engine with 6-Speed Auto is great, Felt like you have a V6 engine when you step up on the gas. Brakes with ABS is good, the stock sound system is pretty adequate for my needs. Overall very happy with the car. So far the only thing I don't like is the mileage, I was used to the Corolla mileage so it might take a little bit of time to adjust to the mileage drop with Camry, but I don't regret the drop in mileage any bit.

Electronic Transmission feels Unstable
By 2010camrync on 08/10/09 10:09 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Electronic transmission and drive-by- wire make the automatic shifting a rough ride. The car feels unstable and leaves you feeling like you're not in complete control. Very disappointed in this car and really quite surprised that Toyota released this car to consumers with such an unruly shifting pattern of this electronic transmission.

Amazing Car!!!
By Jamison on 08/09/09 12:12 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Smooth, comfortable, and sporty ride; the V6 is very worth it. Takes corners surprisingly well and is seamless for cruising around. Been driving a 2004 Cadillac STS on and off and this car drives even better. Considered Honda Accord, Subaru, and Nissan. Went for the upgraded body kit and it looks great! Unbeatable in resale, maintenance, and overall value. No wonder it's the best selling car 11 of last 12 years.

Great Car
By TRH on 08/06/09 18:42 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2004 Volvo S60 for a 2010 Toyota Camry LE and could not be happier with my decision. After having my 2004 Volvo S60 in the shop over 12 times last year for repairs I decided after more research to purchase a Camry. My Volvo was good until I hit 40K and after that it was down hill. I know the Camry will be better and hope to get a good ownership experience. So far I am very pleased with my purchase and would chose simplicity, quality, reliability, dependably, value, and long term durability over any Euro car again.

Pretty Nice Car
By dodoadiesel on 08/04/09 12:33 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I drove everything before buying the Camry 2.5 i4 LE. Jettas, Accords, CRV's, Civics, Corollas, Matrix, Prius, Vibe, Sonatas, Elantras, Fusion, Outbacks and Foresters. Camry is quiet, has plenty of power, roomy, trunk is cavernous. Fold down 60/40 seats in the back lets you put six foot long objects in there. Interior is very functional - won't win any design awards but it is comfortable and the instrumentation is easy to see. Basic stereo is nice and plays MP3 CDs with aplomb. Six speed shifts smoothly and the car likes to operate at around 2000 rpms. Got 32.6 MPG with my first tankful - mixed driving. Handling is nimble for a family sedan.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Camry in VA is:

$122 per month*