Used 2010 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 177 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

My First Foreign Purchase
By coop1346

2010 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have always purchased Chrysler. New. My father was a Chrysler retiree. I had a 2006 Dodge Caravan. I had replaced the brakes 4 times and the rotors 2 times...the water pump conveniently went out at 39 months and the alternator and transmission were acting up last week. I tried to get an American dealer to work me a deal with my van as a trade in and I could not get them to deal with me and get it in payments. I want a product that will outlive the loan...and so i finally purchased a foreign car but hey it was made in KY USA so it put food on an American family's table. Amen!

I like this Camry. I think in a year or two I may buy another one.

I think a bit taller inside would be a little nice..but I really can't find anything wrong with this car. I have drive over 12 different products and this is the nicest.

Great Ride
By Ohio Don

2010 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We bought this car for my wife at the end of the 2009, just prior to the giant recall fiasco. This is our 16th Toyota and while somethings have been decontented (non-sliding sun visors) the overall trend is certainly up. The car is nearly as comfortable as my 2005 Avalon. We just took it on an all highway round trip of 1000 mile and got a 34.1 MPG, actual, at speeds of 70-75 MPH. I am most pleased with the mileage. (The trip computer, however, is overly optimistic). Much of the trip was up and down mountain areas and did well going uphill without much effort. The car looks nice though not a styling stand out. Tires are the Bridgestones and nothing to write home about.

The satellite radio, Push button start. Terrific mileage on a car with 3400 miles on it. Comfortable ride. I like the sliding console top. This is not a sporty car at all but meets our needs very nicely. So far I a happy with the purchase. i hope it does as well as our other Toyotas.

Need to make the sun visors slide to cover more area like they used to do. Do something about the radio screen. It is IMPOSSIBLE to read when driving on a sunny day. Pop up trunk lid should be on this car. The USB port is poorly placed. The interior marks up easily.

10,000 mile update
By jpr

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

10,000 miles with a new Camry...am still impressed with the excellent air conditioning, quiet ride, and fuel mileage (32 mpg average with mixed freeway and city driving). No problems or unscheduled maintenance, took it in for the recall which was performed quickly. Looking back this was a good choice for my 50 mile daily commute. It is a great highway cruiser, quiet, smooth driver with excellent fuel mileage for its size.

This car has an excellent heater and air conditioner. This winter it cleared the front windshield of frost within 2 minutes and the rear window was cleared within two miles of driving.

After 10,000 miles I would still recommend extended the seat cushions and improving the "loose", "flabby" suspension. The wallowing over some bumps is just too much of a throwback to the 1980's. I hope the new model has a higher quality interior with an updated sense of style.

2010 Toyota Camry LE
By Jessie Depa

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Previously I own 2004 Toyta Camry LE 2.4L 4 cyl and I was averaging 28 mpg. New 2010 Toyota Camry LE 2.5L 4 cyl can`t get even 18 mpg and under 16 in city driving. I have open complaint case with Toyota on march 19, 2010 Dealer did not find any problem and I was advised to come back for recheck after first 5000 miles. So far I do not see any improvement as the engine is breaking. Checking other reviews I think maybe I have a LEMON

Love this car
By Loangoddess623

2010 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Bought it in July '09 and coming up to 5,000 miles. Drives great, but will probably have the idle checked at 1st maint. & oil - idles a little rough occasionally when almost to a stop. The standard shift is fun to drive and everything I expected. Gas mileage is about 20 city/31 hwy. Added some upgrades; pin-striping, window tint, key fob and leather. Looks just like an LE and a stick-shift to boot ! Very roomy. Really like the "beefed-up" look of this generation. Was pleasantly surprised to see just how many amenities came with the base model. A lot of car for the money.

Stick shift ! Roomy interior and trunk. "Beefy" look.

Wish the base Camry came in a larger selection of colors. Cell phone port is difficult to access, especially while driving. Arc is off a tad - requiring more frequent front-end alignments and tire rotations. Glad I bought the Firestone lifetime alignments.