Used 2010 Toyota Camry Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Nice, Reliable, Comfortable, Economical
By mcdawgg

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

No complaints after 2+ years (20k miles), no trips back to the dealer for ANYTHING. Only the accelerator recall, which will never cause a problem unless you put one mat on top of another and/or you don't use the clips to secure the mat. If you read the owner's manual and use common sense, you have nothing to worry about. But the recall changes the accelerator pedal so it is "idiot" proof. There is ZERO evidence of unintended acceleration or problems with the electronics, according to NASA. Good job to all the folks in Kentucky that built this car, and I am happy to see that 85% of the parts are also from North America! As a bonus, I also own Toyota stock, so I share in the profits

Favorite Features

6 speed manual transmission! Reliable, comfortable ride, large interior and trunk. Very little maintenance required (10,000 mile or 1 year oil changes). Very easy to do your own maintenance oil & filter changes, air filter changes, that's about it for the first 100,000 miles. Great miles per gallon, I can get 31 mpg on the highway at 72 mph with the AC on. I could get the EPA rating of 33 mpg if I was going a little slower, which is how the EPA tests all cars. Very quiet interior. Good acceleration for an inexpensive mid-size sedan.

Suggested Improvements

The forward cupholder is too close to the shift lever (manual transmission). Make the stick shift about 2 inches shorter. Needs more cupholders and needs a coin slot. Interior could be nicer with less plastic. I see the 2012 Camry has a much nicer interior. Some complain that the 6th gear only drops the rpms about 300. That is true, but unfortunately, all the other sedans with a manual transmission do the same thing - only a very small RPM drop with 6th gear vs. 5th.

Oil Pan gasket Already
By OIL Pan Gasket

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought car 12-2009, The 2 weeks after bought it all the recalls came out. took it in they changed the gas pedal. and flashed my Memory. I noticed the car runs a little different( in a bad way). at 15,000 miles I notice oil in my driveway,thought it was my 2000 dodge caravan. But no it was my Camry.Took it in and they had to drop the oil pan and replace the Oil Pan Gasket. I've worked on cars for 32 years, had old junker etc and never had to replace a oil pan gasket, unless I pulled the motor and wanted to. 15,000 miles on a new car come on Toyota. The service guy couldn't explain why and said these things happen.

Favorite Features

I love the 6 speed 4 cyl, lots of get up and go. But I've had the car for 9 month and still can't get a natural feel for the clutch. usually you get a instant feel for the clutch. No on this car for some reason. 6spd 32 Miles on HWY

Suggested Improvements

Quality needs to improve. I'm thinking of trading in car for a Ford Fusion. Drove Honda Accord, not liking it. I think the big dogs Honda and Toyota don't care anymore.

Love this car
By Loangoddess623

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Bought it in July '09 and coming up to 5,000 miles. Drives great, but will probably have the idle checked at 1st maint. & oil - idles a little rough occasionally when almost to a stop. The standard shift is fun to drive and everything I expected. Gas mileage is about 20 city/31 hwy. Added some upgrades; pin-striping, window tint, key fob and leather. Looks just like an LE and a stick-shift to boot ! Very roomy. Really like the "beefed-up" look of this generation. Was pleasantly surprised to see just how many amenities came with the base model. A lot of car for the money.

Favorite Features

Stick shift ! Roomy interior and trunk. "Beefy" look.

Suggested Improvements

Wish the base Camry came in a larger selection of colors. Cell phone port is difficult to access, especially while driving. Arc is off a tad - requiring more frequent front-end alignments and tire rotations. Glad I bought the Firestone lifetime alignments.

Lexus at a Camry price
By Jeff

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I got the Base Camry and was surprised at how many things are standard equipment on this car. It is very quiet and comfortable. The acceleration is amazing and the fuel economy is great. Today I drove to work in a heavy rain and I felt very safe in this car. It has a lot of safety features.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, fuel economy, safety features, and quiet ride.

Suggested Improvements

None

Wonderful
By Just Me

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I think this car is Wonderful. This is my first new car and I am so grateful I made this choice. This car runs so smooth, and quiet. I love quiet cars. The gas mileage is great. I feel like I have road around the world before I have to refill :)! The car is roomy and comfortable; I do have children and they have plenty of room in the back; I made sure to ask them that when we went for a test drive. It is also very reliable.

Favorite Features

The quietness and smooth ride; also the mileage.

Suggested Improvements

The interior could be of better quality.