Used 2010 Toyota Camry LE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Good Camry LE
By satx59male

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have to honestly say with 21300 miles and 3 yrs. I did not have any problems with this car. Including the door switches. I was upset with the recall in 09 after only having the vehicle a month. Also, dealership in San Antonio and Toyota would not credit me $150 for maintenance due to 2 yr program which began 2 mns after I leased it. So, I leased another, 2012 Camry L at another dealership for about the same price from 3 yrs ago. Same gray ext and ash interior. Sales manager at Alamo was straight forward and knownlegeable.

Favorite Features

LE has many more features than the L. Key-less entry. Instrumentation read outs such as outside temp, mileage visible at all times. 2012 L - you have to "push" the button for "each" one. Problem is you have to pay almost $1000 more for "convenience.

Suggested Improvements

Second Camry with terrible "dashboard glare". "clock" was and is the problem in the 12 model too. Re position the clock "off" the dashboard!

I'm loving my new Camry!
By beautifulrx3

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I used to have a 1996 light blue camry which I loved. It was a great car. Alas, I gave it to my grandmother and it is still running strong. Decided to purchase a new Camry. This car drives like a dream! It's a pretty gray metallic color. It's great on gas also. I've had for two weeks now haven't had to fill the tank. I can plug my Ipod touch into the Aux and play all my songs! It's about 30 degrees here so my seat warmer is getting a lot of action. The trunk is big and roomy. The seats are comfortable and cozy. My windows are tinted, so when I'm riding through town, I feel like a star..I'm not kidding! I am so glad I invested in another toyota. They really are great cars.

Favorite Features

heated seats, roomy trunk,comfortable ride, pretty style and color.

Suggested Improvements

ok. the dashboard with the stereo does look a little cheap.That's my only gripe!

First and last Toyota-skip Toyota
By busbz

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Several weeks after leasing this Toyota Camry all of Toyota's concealed defects, recalls surfaced in the press etc. This Camry has spent more time in the dealers shop during the first year than any new or used vehicle I have ever purchased or leased. I personally have no confidence in Toyota, Santa Monica Toyota or the Toyota Camry. As such, I didn't sell my 2003 car, use it more than the Toyota Camry. As I approach the end of the first year of the lease the mileage is approximately 10,000 miles less than I anticipated driving. I had purchased additional miles upfront. This is the first and last Toyota I have leased or purchased and personally would not recommend Toyota or its products.

Favorite Features

Lease can be taken over and I intend to look for an interested and informed party to do just that.

Suggested Improvements

Disclosure of defects by Toyota before sale or lease to the consumer.

6 speed transmission operation is poor
By FraunkH

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

4 cylinder 2010 LE-6 speed auto. Transmission problems are numerous. Mileage at 15,00, issues are increasing. Transmission shifts hard, both up and down. Continually "hunts" for a gear. Down shifts occur during a coasting to a stop making the car lurch. Encountered transmission slip during shifts where revs will increase to 3-3500 with no transmission response. Also had the revs go to 7000 rpm when traveling at 70+mph and activating the cruise. Just like shoving in a clutch. 4 times to the dealer. Dealer says normal, might be a software update? Meanwhile, just a very unpleasant car to drive in the city or suburbs. On the plus side, on the highway at a steady 70+, 32 mph and rides great.

Favorite Features

mileage, overall ride and quiet

Suggested Improvements

Fix the transmission

2010 Toyota Camry LE
By Jessie Depa

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Previously I own 2004 Toyta Camry LE 2.4L 4 cyl and I was averaging 28 mpg. New 2010 Toyota Camry LE 2.5L 4 cyl can`t get even 18 mpg and under 16 in city driving. I have open complaint case with Toyota on march 19, 2010 Dealer did not find any problem and I was advised to come back for recheck after first 5000 miles. So far I do not see any improvement as the engine is breaking. Checking other reviews I think maybe I have a LEMON