2010 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Good Camry LE
By satx59male on 10/31/12 15:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have to honestly say with 21300 miles and 3 yrs. I did not have any problems with this car. Including the door switches. I was upset with the recall in 09 after only having the vehicle a month. Also, dealership in San Antonio and Toyota would not credit me $150 for maintenance due to 2 yr program which began 2 mns after I leased it. So, I leased another, 2012 Camry L at another dealership for about the same price from 3 yrs ago. Same gray ext and ash interior. Sales manager at Alamo was straight forward and knownlegeable.

I'm loving my new Camry!
By beautifulrx3 on 12/03/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I used to have a 1996 light blue camry which I loved. It was a great car. Alas, I gave it to my grandmother and it is still running strong. Decided to purchase a new Camry. This car drives like a dream! It's a pretty gray metallic color. It's great on gas also. I've had for two weeks now haven't had to fill the tank. I can plug my Ipod touch into the Aux and play all my songs! It's about 30 degrees here so my seat warmer is getting a lot of action. The trunk is big and roomy. The seats are comfortable and cozy. My windows are tinted, so when I'm riding through town, I feel like a star..I'm not kidding! I am so glad I invested in another toyota. They really are great cars.

First and last Toyota-skip Toyota
By busbz on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Several weeks after leasing this Toyota Camry all of Toyota's concealed defects, recalls surfaced in the press etc. This Camry has spent more time in the dealers shop during the first year than any new or used vehicle I have ever purchased or leased. I personally have no confidence in Toyota, Santa Monica Toyota or the Toyota Camry. As such, I didn't sell my 2003 car, use it more than the Toyota Camry. As I approach the end of the first year of the lease the mileage is approximately 10,000 miles less than I anticipated driving. I had purchased additional miles upfront. This is the first and last Toyota I have leased or purchased and personally would not recommend Toyota or its products.

6 speed transmission operation is poor
By FraunkH on 07/01/10 13:17 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

4 cylinder 2010 LE-6 speed auto. Transmission problems are numerous. Mileage at 15,00, issues are increasing. Transmission shifts hard, both up and down. Continually "hunts" for a gear. Down shifts occur during a coasting to a stop making the car lurch. Encountered transmission slip during shifts where revs will increase to 3-3500 with no transmission response. Also had the revs go to 7000 rpm when traveling at 70+mph and activating the cruise. Just like shoving in a clutch. 4 times to the dealer. Dealer says normal, might be a software update? Meanwhile, just a very unpleasant car to drive in the city or suburbs. On the plus side, on the highway at a steady 70+, 32 mph and rides great.

2010 Toyota Camry LE
By Jessie Depa on 04/01/10 19:46 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Previously I own 2004 Toyta Camry LE 2.4L 4 cyl and I was averaging 28 mpg. New 2010 Toyota Camry LE 2.5L 4 cyl can`t get even 18 mpg and under 16 in city driving. I have open complaint case with Toyota on march 19, 2010 Dealer did not find any problem and I was advised to come back for recheck after first 5000 miles. So far I do not see any improvement as the engine is breaking. Checking other reviews I think maybe I have a LEMON

Passenger seat Adjustment
By JPhilip on 12/07/09 07:44 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought a new 2010 Camry LE. It comes with power seat for driver side. It's very difficult for a passenger side traveler to sit in the car. It does not have an adjustable height. If you're not a big person you feel like sitting in a half way folded seat.

Nice looking; dissapointing performance
By waltparsons on 10/17/09 17:01 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

The car is nice but I am not happy with the drive-by-wire and electronic transmission. The shifting feels erratic and makes the driving experience frustrating at slower shifting speeds. The dealership acknowledge the issue but says there is no "fix". For a Toyota, I'm disappointed and a bit surprised that this would be considered acceptable for release to the consumer. I hope they rectify this soon.

Electronic Transmission feels Unstable
By 2010camrync on 08/10/09 10:09 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Electronic transmission and drive-by- wire make the automatic shifting a rough ride. The car feels unstable and leaves you feeling like you're not in complete control. Very disappointed in this car and really quite surprised that Toyota released this car to consumers with such an unruly shifting pattern of this electronic transmission.

Great Car... But
By eveyy on 07/25/09 20:20 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

In June 2009, I purchased a 2010 Camry LE with leather seat option. I traded in my 12 yr. old Buick Century for my first Toyota and I miss the smooth ride on long trips. It's roomy, has great pick-up for a 4 cyl. and is easy to handle. I have automatic transmission and notice a definite bothersome downshift when slowing down. Averaged 32 mpg on a 6 hour road trip with mostly interstate driving. Very pleased about that. Not so pleased about comfort of the car and seats on the long trip. I had to purchase a donut cushion to sit on for the return. Unlike my Century, on bumpy patches of highway, I felt every bump & vibration. Road noise was also high and had to turn the radio way up.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Camry Sedan in VA is:

$132 per month*