2010 Toyota Camry Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2010 Camry Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Sort Reviews by

engine noise
By Ronald Kennedy

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought this Camry new in June 2009.Has the 2.5 engine. It has 24400 miles. It has developed a clatter in the engine. I had a mechanic look at it and he said it sounded like the timing chain. He did some research and found several tech bulletins relating to timing chains and engine noise. This was my first Toyota and will be my last. Repair was estimated to be $1000.Not gonna happen.

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

Better shifting transmission and more reliable engine.

Excellent Family Car
By stinkytofus

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have a camry 2010 LE 2.5L i slapped on michelin primacy mxv4 tires, what a difference, like riding on a cloud, only had to do oil changes, change brake pads, rotors, nothing else !! it is a 2010 model so comparing it to 2013 and 2014 models the interior and exterior is lacking but overall i am satisfied with this car, as it provides decent mpg and has ample room for my friends and family, can drive it for many many more years to come

Favorite Features

the smooth acceleration the soft suspension comfortable ride roomy decent mpg price

Suggested Improvements

obviously exterior and interior needs refinements and clearly it is there when i visit a toyota dealership to check out the latest models, it is a worlds difference comparing 2010 to 2014 and soon 2015 camry models

Undeserved Reputation
By irishlager

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my first Toyota and I bought the Camry based on Toyota's quality reputation. I now regret the purchase. I have experienced the following pre-mature repairs: 1. At 32k miles I had to replace all four tires. 2. At 40k miles I had to replace all four struts because they were leaking. I also had to replace all four suspension links. 3. At 43.5k miles I had to replace the right rear brake pads. The outside pad was completely worn out. When I removed the caliper, I noticed one of the caliper pins barely had any lubrication. This was causing the pad to remain engage with the rotor and pre-maturely wear out. The Toyota reputation of quality is undeserved.

Favorite Features

When not being repaired, it does have a quiet comfortable ride.

Suggested Improvements

Toyota needs to be competitive with its new vehicle warranty. It is only 3 year 36k miles. It should change 10 year 100k miles.

Reliable car but that's it!
By thedriver93

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My dad bought me this car when I graduated high school. I got an all white with backup camera and cloth seats. It was great at first because it was my first car and all but that wore off, QUICK! It was recalled for unintended acceleration which dropped its resale value 3 months after I bought it. The bottom of the car would scrape every time I would pull into anyplace including my own drive way which was rediculouslu annoying and ended up havin the bottom drag everywhere I drove which wasn't pleasant. Needless to say, never buying another Camry, EVER

Favorite Features

Backup camera

Suggested Improvements

Heighten the front end, a little more power, better gas mileage.

Not the quality I expected
By irishlager

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my first Toyota. As time goes on, I am less and less impressed. At 32k I had to replace my tires. At 40k I had to replace all four struts and all four sway bar links. These are all premature repairs and I expected more from Toyota.

Favorite Features

It is a quiet car when not doing repairs.

Suggested Improvements

Suspension needs to upgraded. Suspension parts should not wear out, leak, etc at 40k miles.

Reliable Point a to b transportation - otherwise kinda boring
By dreamer123890

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Camry is a good reliable car. Driven it 41k since Aug'09. Doesnt get your pulses going and begs to not go fast but its reliable, comfortable and spacious. The 4-cylinder engine is ok. Not as fuel efficient as compared to the current crop of midsize cars. I get about 26-27 mpg with mostly city driving. Highway driving gets 30 mpg. I am mostly satisfied but the interiors are cheap plastic and downmarket. HOwever seats are comfy. Suspension is soft but hits its max pretty quickly. I wouldnt buy a camry again - too ordinary and cheap looking for me. The new Accord looks amazing and has the same reliability, better fuel efficiency. I will probable consider that before i consider Camry.

Favorite Features

Reliability, Comfort, Space, quiet interiors even at highway speeds.

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade interior plastics, improve looks, tweak engine and suspension a bit to make it more comfortable over potholes and make it merging.

What did I get into???
By ssood

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2010 Barcelona Red SE with 44k for $15,000 thinking this 4cyl would deliver good numbers in city, I get 13-15!!! My 2004 V6 KIA Optima with 285,000 on the odometer delivered 18 in city and 25 on highway. Dash rattles are unbearable! Ride is stiff as hell. My KIA rode better and even with 285k, not a single rattle. Oh, did I mention the blower motor making noise, yes! it's the noise under normal mode of operation. I had the dealership clean the blower motor and guess what?? it sounds like that! Wind noise at 55mph?!?! Who designed this thing???? What happened to the concept of wind tunnel???

Favorite Features

Body Kit, TRD dual exhaust, the way it looks!

Suggested Improvements

Everywhere and everything! Even 2012s and 2013s rattle like hell..

Great car!!! Gonna miss this baby!
By gavmat

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I leased this car back in December of 2009 and my lease is now up and I extended an extra six months cause I simply don't want to give it back and can't afford to buy it. I love the car and feel like it should be priced higher. As for people saying its bad in the snow you just don't know how to drive in it. In 3 years of PA weather I have never once got stuck in snow. I live 15 miles from work and take all back roads the entire way. It's great on gas and is very comfortable. My only two complaints are how light colored the interior is and the transmission. My interior was dirty the first week from the messy weather in January. The transmission is always searching for a gear. Great car tho!

Favorite Features

Power and handling Power seats and windows Big trunk Lots of space Traction control Affordability Reliable

Suggested Improvements

Transmission Darker interior Better tires from factory

Good Camry LE
By satx59male

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have to honestly say with 21300 miles and 3 yrs. I did not have any problems with this car. Including the door switches. I was upset with the recall in 09 after only having the vehicle a month. Also, dealership in San Antonio and Toyota would not credit me $150 for maintenance due to 2 yr program which began 2 mns after I leased it. So, I leased another, 2012 Camry L at another dealership for about the same price from 3 yrs ago. Same gray ext and ash interior. Sales manager at Alamo was straight forward and knownlegeable.

Favorite Features

LE has many more features than the L. Key-less entry. Instrumentation read outs such as outside temp, mileage visible at all times. 2012 L - you have to "push" the button for "each" one. Problem is you have to pay almost $1000 more for "convenience.

Suggested Improvements

Second Camry with terrible "dashboard glare". "clock" was and is the problem in the 12 model too. Re position the clock "off" the dashboard!

Great value
By drcelica

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I've own my 2010 Camry LE I4 for 2.5 yrs and have 51K mile on her. This car is perfect for what it is, a comfortable daily commuter that's easy to maintain. I've taken lots of road trips in the Camry and it's perfect for the open roads. I've got as much as 36 mpg if I keep it at 70 mph but avg around 32 going 80. Neg. reviews about the trans keeps popping up but I've never had a problem with mine since I drive the car gently to keep the wear and tear down. Reliability so far has been perfect. I haven't gone to the dealer once for warranty repair. If you buy a Camry for what it is, a commuter car, you're going to be happy; just don't expect BMW handling.

Favorite Features

Reliability, smooth ride, easy to work on, and refinement. One of the things that's great about the Camry is how low maintenance they are and how easy they are to work on. Oil changes are done every 10K miles if you're using synthetic. Antifreeze is good for 100K miles and changing it is as easy as turning a knob.

Suggested Improvements

Toyota has the formula down for a great family sedan but the competition is heating up. I think they're going to have to give the Camry a less bland design plus improve the material they're using for the interior.