Used 2010 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 176 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

good basic car
By revfiddle

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

We have had this car since new, and it's been great. No repairs necessary.

215,000 miles and going strong
By J. Cop

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm not your typical highway-only driver. I live in the country on dirt roads. I drive this car hard and fast. It gets driven through mud and down dirt roads every day. When I finally make it onto the highway, I drive it at least 60 miles a day and usually closer to 120 miles a day.

I bought this car used with 25,000 miles on it. I now have 215,000. The only thing I've done other than oil and tires is fix one thing (I can't remember what it was called) that cost me $200. I did that around 200,000 miles. It came with a lot of warranty but I never had to use it. I drove the miles out pretty fast because I drive a lot.

The only problem I have is my road is terrible so I wear tires out pretty fast. I get mud on the inside of the tires and they wear unevenly sometimes. But, that is not the cars fault. I have had two deer hit the car on the drivers side. It did some cosmetic damage, but the car held firm on the road and no passengers were injured. So, it can take a hit and keep on trucking. The last hit was pretty hard. I never hit my breaks because I didn't see it coming. So, the air bags did not deploy and were not needed. It was a large buck. Took out most of the front, drivers side. But, I'm still driving it. The insurance company says it will cost more to fix it than it is worth so that tells you the damage.

I think this car is amazing. And, if I can drive it off-road, you should be fine driving it on paved roads. :) Even after 5 years of a hard life, it still handles great, the interior is great (2 kids later). All the bells and whistles still work - windows roll up and down, AC works, etc. I have had to add some freon the last couple of summers..but other than that the AC has worked great.

If I were being overly picky, my only complaints would be...I don't like the USB connection location. It is hard to get to. And, it doesn't charge when the car is off. It does have cigarette lighter chargers that are better located. But, the fuze went out and I haven't replaced it. Tthe charcoal gas emissions thing is malfunctioned and makes it hard to pump gas. The pump clicks off several times before i the car is full. This happened on my previous camry also. I think the canister is full of dirt. But, it is expensive to fix so I live with it.

If you have the chance to purchase a 2010 Camry, do it. You won't regret it. Oh...I also average 25-32 mpg and I drive at least 75 mph because I'm in Texas and we do that here. :)

Reliable, Dependable, Cool Ride..............
By John Ortiz

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This car has been very reliable. Had problem with door locks.But other than that, great car.
Car has always been serviced by Dealer.

engine noise
By Ronald Kennedy

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought this Camry new in June 2009.Has the 2.5 engine. It has 24400 miles. It has developed a clatter in the engine. I had a mechanic look at it and he said it sounded like the timing chain. He did some research and found several tech bulletins relating to timing chains and engine noise. This was my first Toyota and will be my last. Repair was estimated to be $1000.Not gonna happen.

none

Better shifting transmission and more reliable engine.

Excellent Family Car
By stinkytofus

I have a camry 2010 LE 2.5L

i slapped on michelin primacy mxv4 tires, what a difference, like riding on a cloud, only had to do oil changes, change brake pads, rotors, nothing else !!

it is a 2010 model so comparing it to 2013 and 2014 models the interior and exterior is lacking but overall i am satisfied with this car, as it provides decent mpg and has ample room for my friends and family, can drive it for many many more years to come

the smooth acceleration the soft suspension comfortable ride roomy decent mpg price

obviously exterior and interior needs refinements and clearly it is there when i visit a toyota dealership to check out the latest models, it is a worlds difference comparing 2010 to 2014 and soon 2015 camry models