2010 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Undeserved Reputation
By irishlager on 10/05/13 17:33 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my first Toyota and I bought the Camry based on Toyota's quality reputation. I now regret the purchase. I have experienced the following pre-mature repairs: 1. At 32k miles I had to replace all four tires. 2. At 40k miles I had to replace all four struts because they were leaking. I also had to replace all four suspension links. 3. At 43.5k miles I had to replace the right rear brake pads. The outside pad was completely worn out. When I removed the caliper, I noticed one of the caliper pins barely had any lubrication. This was causing the pad to remain engage with the rotor and pre-maturely wear out. The Toyota reputation of quality is undeserved.

Reliable car but that's it!
By thedriver93 on 08/04/13 05:27 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My dad bought me this car when I graduated high school. I got an all white with backup camera and cloth seats. It was great at first because it was my first car and all but that wore off, QUICK! It was recalled for unintended acceleration which dropped its resale value 3 months after I bought it. The bottom of the car would scrape every time I would pull into anyplace including my own drive way which was rediculouslu annoying and ended up havin the bottom drag everywhere I drove which wasn't pleasant. Needless to say, never buying another Camry, EVER

Not the quality I expected
By irishlager on 07/20/13 16:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my first Toyota. As time goes on, I am less and less impressed. At 32k I had to replace my tires. At 40k I had to replace all four struts and all four sway bar links. These are all premature repairs and I expected more from Toyota.

Reliable Point a to b transportation - otherwise kinda boring
By dreamer123890 on 04/22/13 11:55 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Camry is a good reliable car. Driven it 41k since Aug'09. Doesnt get your pulses going and begs to not go fast but its reliable, comfortable and spacious. The 4-cylinder engine is ok. Not as fuel efficient as compared to the current crop of midsize cars. I get about 26-27 mpg with mostly city driving. Highway driving gets 30 mpg. I am mostly satisfied but the interiors are cheap plastic and downmarket. HOwever seats are comfy. Suspension is soft but hits its max pretty quickly. I wouldnt buy a camry again - too ordinary and cheap looking for me. The new Accord looks amazing and has the same reliability, better fuel efficiency. I will probable consider that before i consider Camry.

What did I get into???
By ssood on 04/03/13 19:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2010 Barcelona Red SE with 44k for $15,000 thinking this 4cyl would deliver good numbers in city, I get 13-15!!! My 2004 V6 KIA Optima with 285,000 on the odometer delivered 18 in city and 25 on highway. Dash rattles are unbearable! Ride is stiff as hell. My KIA rode better and even with 285k, not a single rattle. Oh, did I mention the blower motor making noise, yes! it's the noise under normal mode of operation. I had the dealership clean the blower motor and guess what?? it sounds like that! Wind noise at 55mph?!?! Who designed this thing???? What happened to the concept of wind tunnel???

Great car!!! Gonna miss this baby!
By gavmat on 03/18/13 20:28 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I leased this car back in December of 2009 and my lease is now up and I extended an extra six months cause I simply don't want to give it back and can't afford to buy it. I love the car and feel like it should be priced higher. As for people saying its bad in the snow you just don't know how to drive in it. In 3 years of PA weather I have never once got stuck in snow. I live 15 miles from work and take all back roads the entire way. It's great on gas and is very comfortable. My only two complaints are how light colored the interior is and the transmission. My interior was dirty the first week from the messy weather in January. The transmission is always searching for a gear. Great car tho!

Good Camry LE
By satx59male on 10/31/12 15:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have to honestly say with 21300 miles and 3 yrs. I did not have any problems with this car. Including the door switches. I was upset with the recall in 09 after only having the vehicle a month. Also, dealership in San Antonio and Toyota would not credit me $150 for maintenance due to 2 yr program which began 2 mns after I leased it. So, I leased another, 2012 Camry L at another dealership for about the same price from 3 yrs ago. Same gray ext and ash interior. Sales manager at Alamo was straight forward and knownlegeable.

Great value
By drcelica on 07/21/12 20:51 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I've own my 2010 Camry LE I4 for 2.5 yrs and have 51K mile on her. This car is perfect for what it is, a comfortable daily commuter that's easy to maintain. I've taken lots of road trips in the Camry and it's perfect for the open roads. I've got as much as 36 mpg if I keep it at 70 mph but avg around 32 going 80. Neg. reviews about the trans keeps popping up but I've never had a problem with mine since I drive the car gently to keep the wear and tear down. Reliability so far has been perfect. I haven't gone to the dealer once for warranty repair. If you buy a Camry for what it is, a commuter car, you're going to be happy; just don't expect BMW handling.

2010 Camry LE 2.5 automatic
By rji1 on 07/21/12 06:16 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this with 14000 mi and have put on nearly 6k of mixed driving. Having owned everything from economy cars to muscle cars I was not sure how I would feel about what many look at as an old mans car. Being a modestly priced car I was pleasantly surprised at the fit and finish. The interior although well designed, uses what seems to be low quality materials. Silver painted plastic is the choice over brushed aluminum. I quickly corrected this with a wood grain overlay kit. Safety is a big plus with the Camry and shows with it's safety rating. Front and side air bags, knee bag along and standard traction control and abs add to the security. This car exceeds my expectations.

Toyota moving Backwards
By mespinosa1988 on 02/17/12 16:38 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After purchasing the car with 39000 miles two weeks later my wire harness in the transmission went out. Took it to the dealer and they didnt cover it under the power train warranty even though they had to pull my whole tranny. That was a 900 dollar repair. After getting it back my transmission feels sluggish, it accerates and deccerates at the wrong times, Overall the Tranny sucks on this vehicle everything else is nice about the car. But i hate that its such a beautiful car except for the tranny and I wonder how much longer its going to last me :( Sad to say for a 2010 toyota camry.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Camry Sedan in NJ is:

$208 per month*