2010 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Nice, Reliable, Comfortable, Economical
By mcdawgg on 11/22/11 09:43 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

No complaints after 2+ years (20k miles), no trips back to the dealer for ANYTHING. Only the accelerator recall, which will never cause a problem unless you put one mat on top of another and/or you don't use the clips to secure the mat. If you read the owner's manual and use common sense, you have nothing to worry about. But the recall changes the accelerator pedal so it is "idiot" proof. There is ZERO evidence of unintended acceleration or problems with the electronics, according to NASA. Good job to all the folks in Kentucky that built this car, and I am happy to see that 85% of the parts are also from North America! As a bonus, I also own Toyota stock, so I share in the profits

Oil Pan gasket Already
By OIL Pan Gasket on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought car 12-2009, The 2 weeks after bought it all the recalls came out. took it in they changed the gas pedal. and flashed my Memory. I noticed the car runs a little different( in a bad way). at 15,000 miles I notice oil in my driveway,thought it was my 2000 dodge caravan. But no it was my Camry.Took it in and they had to drop the oil pan and replace the Oil Pan Gasket. I've worked on cars for 32 years, had old junker etc and never had to replace a oil pan gasket, unless I pulled the motor and wanted to. 15,000 miles on a new car come on Toyota. The service guy couldn't explain why and said these things happen.

Love this car
By Loangoddess623 on 03/27/10 13:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Bought it in July '09 and coming up to 5,000 miles. Drives great, but will probably have the idle checked at 1st maint. & oil - idles a little rough occasionally when almost to a stop. The standard shift is fun to drive and everything I expected. Gas mileage is about 20 city/31 hwy. Added some upgrades; pin-striping, window tint, key fob and leather. Looks just like an LE and a stick-shift to boot ! Very roomy. Really like the "beefed-up" look of this generation. Was pleasantly surprised to see just how many amenities came with the base model. A lot of car for the money.

Lexus at a Camry price
By Jeff on 03/02/10 18:21 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I got the Base Camry and was surprised at how many things are standard equipment on this car. It is very quiet and comfortable. The acceleration is amazing and the fuel economy is great. Today I drove to work in a heavy rain and I felt very safe in this car. It has a lot of safety features.

Wonderful
By Just Me on 01/11/10 10:16 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I think this car is Wonderful. This is my first new car and I am so grateful I made this choice. This car runs so smooth, and quiet. I love quiet cars. The gas mileage is great. I feel like I have road around the world before I have to refill :)! The car is roomy and comfortable; I do have children and they have plenty of room in the back; I made sure to ask them that when we went for a test drive. It is also very reliable.

Poor Design
By Jim on 07/30/09 05:31 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I've driven many Toyota's and this one is rather dull and disappointing. Pickup and handling is fine. The low end version of the car isn't very comfortable, but maybe the high end version is. The car doors don't close without extra force. They are probably too light and it is easy to think they are closed until you start driving. Finally the back seat has gaps near the seat belt. We actually lost things in these gaps, and you cannot get to them unless you go to the dealer and remove the seats! Not a family car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Camry in VA is:

$123 per month*