2009 Toyota Camry Consumer Review: I am in awe at what a piece of

2009 Toyota Camry - Consumer Review

LE Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

I am in awe at what a piece of crap this car is
By yousmell102 on

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Leased a 2009 Camry Le back in the summer of '08. Couldn't be more disappointed. I have had the weirdest problems with this car, ie accelerator and brake pedals that have a mind of their own.
In the past year the car has developed an annoying and extremely dangerous problem where the tension of the gas pedal seems to be constantly changing. Sometimes, it responds with just the slightest amount of pressure, other times, applying it with the exact same amount of force results in no acceleration at all.
It's like the car encounters dead spots where it simply refuses to accelerate.
You'll need a burst of power to pass or just to get out of someone's way, and it won't be there!

(Continued) I'm don't claim to be a mechanic, but I commute more than an hour to work each day. I feel like I can accurately say that this Camry has serious acceleration problems that I suspect have to do with the electronic nature of the throttle system. It's possible that mine is a lemon and simply has more of these problems than most Camrys, but I could not imagine an inexperienced driver feeling safe in this car. I have contacted Toyota dealers repeatedly expressing concern over the inconsistency of the pedal response and they have always denied problems. SO GLAD I LEASED THIS CAR

How about pedals that work?

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review