2009 Toyota Camry Consumer Review: Not happy

2009 Toyota Camry - Consumer Review

2009 Toyota Camry

LE Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Not happy
By jspec31 on

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I decided on the Camry because they're supposed to be known for their reliability. I bought it with about 38K miles on it. When I first took it on the highway the steering wheel shook pretty bad. The used dealer balanced all of the tires, and it did get better. A week later he put on 4 new tires and it was a vast improvement. However, approaching 45K, the rotors are warped , as I can feel pulsation when applying brakes. The car does shake again on the highway. Also the gas mileage is junk! Probably the way I drive because I went from a 6 cyl to 4, but when being conservative I only got 27mpg at best. Interior cheap and uncomfortable, paint is chipping on plastic body parts.

The auxiliary port.

My 220 HP V6 Mazda got 25 MPG, with me driving aggressively. The 4cyl Camry gets 24 on average. That's with 95% highway. The throttle lag is bad, and the AT is not very responsive. This car may not suit my driving style, but there still is the issue with cheap and uncomfortable interior, and the bad paint job. Would not recommend, and plan on trading in as soon as I can.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review