Dashboard Sticky and Melting in Sunlight
By ses4747 on
2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
I bought this car used. In the 1st week my dashboard appeared overly shiny and sticky to touch. In the 3 weeks I've had it my dash as begun st melt literally with small to medium size holes in it. If anyone has the same problem I'd like to know. [HTML removed].
Suggested Improvements
I called Toyota about this problem. They denied that they have been called on it by anyone. I've had big problems with Toyota in the past, i.e., their customer service and support is TERRIBLE. I swore I would not buy another Toyota after the experience I had with them on a 2004 Camry I bought new. I sued them on that car. Toyota's customer service is bottom of the all.
By fayeraye
on 09/15/14 14:53 PM (PDT)

I have an 09 camry that I just bought about a month ago n my dash is sticky and peeling.they suggested that I buy a dash cover. was this part of a recall yes their customer service sucks

By ses4747
on 12/03/14 21:26 PM (PST)

My bad typing in my 1st post. Update on the dashboard...I got through Toyota USA's fire wall of know nothing people in their 800 number by going to Toyota's main site or googleing Toyota executives. I actually spoke with one of their customer service VPs Fletcher Davidson who was willing to listen to me for 10-15 minutes. I was annoyed but respectful and he was respectful too. He told me he would send my complaint to the top. I also left a voice messages for another exec Nancy Fein but got nothing in return. About a week later I was called by a Celest Knight who titled herself executive analyst. She was the only one I was able to talk with. From the beginning she was rude..major rude. She mostly did nothing, based her decision to do nothing on 2 calls to regional technical and customer service managers who refused to admit that Toyota has a major problem with these cheep dashboards. At present my dash looks like it came from a junk yard where it was kept in rain and mud. It is so scratched with holes that I would have to replace it for nearly $2500 if it was a new dash replaced by a Toyota dealer..BTW the dealers in my area are terrible. I have found a reputable body shop that will replace it with a guaranteed used dash for total cost of $600. The trade in value of this piece of garbage is way down because the dash looks terrible. After my dealings with Toyota USA and the local dealers I will never buy another Toyota. THE WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!!! Oh and I'm getting only 17-18.5 mpg city and 23 mpg combined city/hwy.