Used 2009 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Desperate measures equals bad news 4 us!
By Steve

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Camry LE 4cyl back in March of 2009 and at 23,000 miles I had to replace all four tires cause the treads were worn. I was like what? Ridiculous. I don't drive hard and I rotate every 5000 miles. Come to find out the factory tires are only good for 30,000 miles. A Firestone mechanic told me this when I went to replace my tires. Toyota is trying to cut costs as much as possible wherever possible to manufacture their vehicles in these economic times. Pedal recalls are one example. Who knows what other parts might go wrong in the future and another major recall hits. 2 of my friends own a Camry 07 and both of their cars are burning 1 qt of oil every 1000 miles! with 40000 miles on it

None. Paint is peeling on the hood, Car always seem to be out of alignment, steering wheel is hard to turn sometimes when parking at low speeds.

I'm trading my car for either a Nissan or Ford. C-ya Toyota it was nice knowing you.

Hesitation from start
By ist. toyota

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my first Toyota on reputation of build quality. I have had six trips to dealer for transmission leaks power steering leaks parts coming loose on front under carriage and hesitation on take off. The service rep. Said this was normal for this model and there was nothing they could do about the hesitation. Makes for a jerky take off. Not safe. I have 5 months and 10,000 miles left on warranty. Time to get something different

good gas mileage

Fix the hesitation problem.Improve quality control.Poor paint quality.Trunk opening too small

Worthy of the SE (Sports Edition) name
By JimBob Seeker

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My driving experience spans more than 35 years. I have always wanted a sports car but the pragmatist in me could never justify it. I have owned economy cars, mini-vans and family sedans but never a car with a performance flavor until now. I purchased a used '09 Camry SE with 20Km on the odometer several months ago and I was pleasantly surprised to find that I could have my cake and eat it too. This vehicle carries 4 adults in comfort, provides very good fuel economy, handles superbly, has decent acceleration, feels right at home on the freeway, looks like a sports car and has a very likable personality. Overall, I am very pleased with the car. I would definitely buy another.

The 5-speed automatic transmission and the 2.4 L are well mated providing smooth acceleration, responsive down- shifts and excellent manners at highway speeds. The suspension and chassis yield a sure- footed feel when cornering and driving on the freeway. The brakes are excellent.

The front air dam is a little low and prone to hit high curbs. Perhaps this could be raised a few inches. So far the only quality issue I have found is the seal around the driver's window was not installed properly.

Female Disappointed With Toyota
By thecrock1

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My car drove great for the first year and a half and now the steering wheel shakes (I believe it's the rotors) but dealership won't do anything about it. But the main problem is when the ac is on the car acts like it wants to die sometimes when you are coming to a stop. The whole car is vibrating on and off or shaking like the engine is missing or something. Only happens when ac is on. Again dealership says nothing wrong. Very disappointed in Toyota and this dealership. Had heard so many good things about Toyota. Will not buy another one. They are just like all the other dealerships I have dealt with. Once you buy the car thats it. They don't help you or fix anything.

Body style Color

Better customer service from your dealerships.

New purchase
By Rob

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I currently own a 1992, Toyota, Camry, 4cyl, with 228,000 miles. My friend's Camry has 530,000 miles. I recently purchase a 2009, Camry, se. I will let you know how I like the car. And no I do not plan to sell my 1992 Camry. It is in perfect interior & exterior condition.

seats, handling, tires.