2009 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Year 1 Review... Not that satisfied
By Byron K on 10/26/09 07:36 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my car for 1 year this month. During the first year the dealer replaced my shocks because they were going bad. I was told this is happening to cars in cold areas. My car makes various noises depending on the time of year. I hear a squeak/crackling noise coming from the radio in the winter/fall, but not when it's warm. The car actually makes noises like a house settling. The radio periodically goes from Auxiliary to the FM radio for no reason. I have driven Chevy's and Ford's that seem to be built better than this car. Now I will either trade it in and lose the 1 year of payments put into it or keep it and hope the engine proves to be as reliable as everyone else thinks.

Smooth & Powerful-Wish I bought an SE
By Paul3637 on 10/03/09 08:07 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

At 36 mpg real world highway mpg, this rivals or exceeds the underpowered 2.4L I4 or the hybrid. At 12,500 miles and 18 months I brought my car to the dealer for its third oil change yesterday - have had zero defects, zero repairs. zero oil consumption... but dealer confirmed that like all pre April 2008 build 3.5L V6 Toyotas it has a rubber vvti oil line that can rupture resulting in engine failure. No TSB or recall yet - dealer acknowledged problem but wants $250 to fix with new metal line. Bidgestone 16" tires were about over half worn at 8K miles so replaced the el cheapo tires & hubcaps with 215/55/17 SE style alloys & Michelins which improved handling. Seats are very comfortable. In retrospect, I would pay the extra $1200 for the SE package for nicer interior and 17" alloy wheels.

Uncomfortable driver's seat
By arlene on 09/23/09 11:30 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am 5'2'' and I am sick that my new car has such an uncomfortable drivers seat. I never had a back problem and I do now. I bought the car for comfort for long drives, and now even in the car for 30 mins., my back is in pain. I am hoping Toyota has some sort of a cushion to rectify this very serious defect in a brand new car. The new 2009 design is the most uncomfortable seat I have EVER driven in, and I have been driving for 36 years in a lot cheaper cars in the past.

All-around great car
By Dennis on 08/29/09 10:54 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my LE for just over 12 months. I've read several comments on the lack of comfort of the drivers seat. I have not experienced any such discomfort and I have painful arthritis in my lower back. There are several useful adjustments on the power seat. Also, I've experienced no transmission issues as others have noted. Plain interior? Well, it's a Camry LE for crying out loud. You want leather? Get the XLE. I'd buy another LE in a hot second. Great car.

Great Car; Worst Seats Ever
By ALC on 08/21/09 11:14 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is a wonderful automobile, especially for the price. We find the ride relatively smooth and quiet; wonderful on trips (36 MPG w/AC). Unfortunately, after 60 minutes, one finds that Toyota has designed the WORST front car seats ever placed in an automobile; your back and bottom will suffer! We are so upset, I am shopping after 18K miles. In prior vehicles, I have driven for days for over 12 hours per; not in this car. Two of my relatives, who have never had back pain, now have problems when they drive their Camry (same yr). In today’s market, this is inexcusable. I would gladly provide Toyota with a design solution, if they cared.

Paint peeling off front bumper
By Jill on 08/17/09 10:10 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Went to dealership. Said rock chip caused peeling, won't cover repair. I have had Toyotas before, under the same driving conditions for 4 yrs without this problem. Also, 1st gear is geared too high, have to rev engine or slip clutch to take off. Also, console storage and cup holders are not as usable as my 04 Corolla. Gear shifter hits cup in cupholder when shifting into 2nd, 4th or reverse.

Great family sedan
By Steve on 08/14/09 22:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this car used with 25K miles on it, but I've had no problems. This isn't very flashy, just your typical Toyota Camry. It lacks the superior interior of the Accord, in fact the Camry's interior is quite pedestrian with a mediocre dash and cheap plastic coverings. However it is a very smooth ride, quiet engine. Not very sporty, but a reliable people mover.

Car seat is very badly designed
By Samir on 08/11/09 09:42 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Car seat for 2009 Camry base model are designed very badly. Because of this I am starting to develop back pain. I will not recommend anyone to buy this car unless Toyota changes it's seat model and makes it back friendly.

Steering Issues
By GSG on 08/11/09 06:42 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I miss the driving experience of my 2006 Camry SE which I traded for the 2009 Camry LE. The '09 body style and interior features are far superior to my '06 Camry but that takes a back seat to the less responsive steering. Soon after delivery it was evident that the car pulled to the left, whether it be interstate or back roads. It had a front end alignment at 5,000, soon after experienced the same issues. I wonder if others have experienced similar problems.

2009 Toyota Camry
By meeka on 08/08/09 14:57 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I like the car...it is definitely a lot quieter than my old car but, I have the worst time parking it...I am 5' tall and just realized that there is no center marking on the hood of the car so the driver could judge when the car is straight into the parking spot. Unless the driver can see over the hood to the front of the car, there is no way to judge. (I have the seat all the way up as high as it can go) I was also a bit disappointed with the finish of the car and the gas mileage...I am getting 22 mpg...less than with my old car...don't know why...Anyway..I do like it and would recommend it to someone else...a taller person maybe....

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Camry Sedan in VA is:

$111 per month*