Used 2009 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 218 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Toyota cover-up tactics
By Paul

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought my 2009 LE and from the start I felt that there was something wrong in the brakes. A booster valve was replaced twice, but the pedal remained soft and many times when pushed, went to the full extent of my leg. I constantly needed to pump the brakes to get firm response. Toyota brought their big gun techno guy to the arbitration, along with engineering specs. I was the dumb consumer. ALL testing that they did to determine that my Camry was fine, was done out of sight. After buying many other Totota models over the years, I am very disappointed in their tactics.

I like the ride and comfort, along with pleasing gas mileage.

They made a change in the 2010 models by making standard traction control and stability package. This was pointed out by the Toyota Techno guy.

A life-saver!
By Gordy

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We've owned the Camry for over one year and we love it. Our car was stopped at a light and was rear-ended by a vehicle traveling 45 mph; all other vehicles involved were totaled. My wife was able to walk away (thanks Toyota!) and the Camry sustained over $9,000 in damages. Even after the collision, and excellent repair work, it drives like brand-new. We love the ride and the peppy engine. It gets GREAT mileage on the highway and so-so mileage (23) around town. We'll own this one for a long time.

The Camry is a VERY safe vehicle. Peppy 4 cylinder, GREAT comfortable drive and ride, excellent highway mileage.

None.

2009 Braking system w/o TC option
By Paul

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After one year plus and visits to remedy my brake problem, Toyota service changed a valve that they felt was the problem. It was not. I took it to arbitration, which at that time, the technical people gave me a full explanation of the brakes design. And, admitted that all prior service work done was a waste of time due to the brake design. The brake pressure is proportional. To top it off, the Toyota experts indicated that if I had the traction control option, things would have been different with the brakes. In the 2010 model they all have traction control as standard. I guess Toyota dealers were unaware of the importance of traction control on the 2009, they did not stock this option.

Desperate measures equals bad news 4 us!
By Steve

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Camry LE 4cyl back in March of 2009 and at 23,000 miles I had to replace all four tires cause the treads were worn. I was like what? Ridiculous. I don't drive hard and I rotate every 5000 miles. Come to find out the factory tires are only good for 30,000 miles. A Firestone mechanic told me this when I went to replace my tires. Toyota is trying to cut costs as much as possible wherever possible to manufacture their vehicles in these economic times. Pedal recalls are one example. Who knows what other parts might go wrong in the future and another major recall hits. 2 of my friends own a Camry 07 and both of their cars are burning 1 qt of oil every 1000 miles! with 40000 miles on it

None. Paint is peeling on the hood, Car always seem to be out of alignment, steering wheel is hard to turn sometimes when parking at low speeds.

I'm trading my car for either a Nissan or Ford. C-ya Toyota it was nice knowing you.

Hesitation from start
By ist. toyota

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my first Toyota on reputation of build quality. I have had six trips to dealer for transmission leaks power steering leaks parts coming loose on front under carriage and hesitation on take off. The service rep. Said this was normal for this model and there was nothing they could do about the hesitation. Makes for a jerky take off. Not safe. I have 5 months and 10,000 miles left on warranty. Time to get something different

good gas mileage

Fix the hesitation problem.Improve quality control.Poor paint quality.Trunk opening too small