Used 2009 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Female Disappointed With Toyota
By thecrock1

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My car drove great for the first year and a half and now the steering wheel shakes (I believe it's the rotors) but dealership won't do anything about it. But the main problem is when the ac is on the car acts like it wants to die sometimes when you are coming to a stop. The whole car is vibrating on and off or shaking like the engine is missing or something. Only happens when ac is on. Again dealership says nothing wrong. Very disappointed in Toyota and this dealership. Had heard so many good things about Toyota. Will not buy another one. They are just like all the other dealerships I have dealt with. Once you buy the car thats it. They don't help you or fix anything.

Favorite Features

Body style Color

Suggested Improvements

Better customer service from your dealerships.

New purchase
By Rob

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I currently own a 1992, Toyota, Camry, 4cyl, with 228,000 miles. My friend's Camry has 530,000 miles. I recently purchase a 2009, Camry, se. I will let you know how I like the car. And no I do not plan to sell my 1992 Camry. It is in perfect interior & exterior condition.

Favorite Features

seats, handling, tires.

Suggested Improvements

none.

Pro-Camry
By Debbie

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just got into a head-on collision in my 2009 Camry 3 days ago. My car did FANTASTIC! The airbag in the steering wheel and the leg airbag did exactly what it was supposed to do. Not a broken bone in my body and I was able to walk away. The seat belt locked up instantly and not a bit of whiplash. I am sore from all of the bruising but grateful I was in this safe car. With all of the media attention on Toyota, I was worried I made a wrong choice but I was proven wrong 4 days ago. Thanks Toyota!!

Favorite Features

Safety! The leg airbags really impressed me

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I would change on my Camry is the blind spot on the passengers side windshield area. It is pretty bad but I have learned to look around it differently.

Disappointed with Quality
By Aaron

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have owned my Camry for just over 2 years now. Very disappointed in the quality. I always feel like my car is out of alignment/balance and the steering wheel shakes like crazy. I've had it checked multiple times and they dealer says "there's nothing wrong." The seats are very uncomfortable and not good for long drives. I hear sounds coming from the dash that aren't causing issues, but seem out of the ordinary. Had to have tires replaced at 20k, which I thought was ridiculous. Also had to have the brakes replaced at 30k, which seemed too soon as well. The only positive things I have to say about this car are that the new design is great and don't hear road noise. Glad I leased!

Favorite Features

Body style/design, interior design

Suggested Improvements

Better quality, better tires and brakes.

Camry SE is the best!
By Lia

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I fell in love with this car the second I test drove it. I traded in a 2001 Toyota Highlander because I wanted to get back into a sedan. It's so fun to drive - the pickup is wonderful - and it is so comfortable even on long drives. The bluetooth is nice and I don't have a problem hearing the people on the other end but have had people tell me that sometimes they have trouble hearing me. Overall I am ecstatic about my purchase. No problems thus far. It was part of the recall but the dealership put in all of the new parts overnight which was convenient for me.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, speed, looks

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth feature, there is no iPod USB hookup (I'm not a big fan of the AUX jack but it does work and sounds good with a good cable)