2009 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Great, if unexciting, car
By Stuart on 12/25/09 07:03 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Let's be honest about things. If you want a car that's that fast, offers a sporty ride and sporty handling - the Camry is not for you. I can tell you that this is the most stress-free car I have ever owned. It goes where I need it go without a complaint, is not a gas hog, and while not overly powerful - can hold its own on the highway. There has been lots of carping about the interior materials but I think they're ok and certainly better than the previous Mazda and Pontiac I owned. For an entry-level midsized car, I don't expect wood grain and leather. Anybody looking for reliable transportation for the long- term - this is the car for them.

Love it!
By MSV on 12/09/09 21:37 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have the I4, LE Touring trim. I live in Canada and drive in the snow often. Love the traction control and stability control features. Heated mirrors are great for snowy days. The I4 horse power is adequate (158) but I could have used more hp. Although, the engine torque is good enough to get you up to the highway speed fast. The 2010 I4 models have more power. (If you really like more horse power get the V6 which is the same for 09 and 10 models). The audio quality is OK but not impressive. Camry is a good choice if you like a plush, luxury-like ride. If you prefer a more responsive less comfy ride, consider other options. Overall, I am very happy with my Camry.

Disappointed
By Rose Christopher on 11/25/09 13:33 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought a Camry because in the past I had driven them. I found the engine to be quiet to the point that you didn't know the car was running. Not my Camry, when starting it up it sounds as if a truck is running. When changing gears it sounds as if I have duel mufflers. I had it in for service, this is what they say " it's a 4 cylinder" "the car is new" "there is nothing mechanical wrong with the car".

I think a lot of you missed the boat...
By noobosaurusrex on 11/20/09 19:24 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

270HP, 0-60 in 5.8secs?? What's not to love? I've beat Mustang GTs (that's right, the 300HP V8s) in this thing. I went for the fully loaded Camry SE, only thing I didn't get was a sunroof bc it takes away ur overall headspace. Seats are comfortable, its got sporty firm perforated leather, not soft wrinkly XLE leather. I see alot of people complaining about this car, but in all honesty, if you take care of it, things tend to stay new. I upgraded my interior to an ash colored wood grain. So it looks good with the black leather and silver accents. Its a V6..I bought it for style not for fuel economy...then again my other car is a 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 (11mpg) :O

Priced right
By ATL-GA on 11/20/09 05:41 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Decent car for the money. 1 year old, with only 1 real problem. Fuel gauge is flaky, when you fill up; it can take 15 minutes for it to register full. In the dealership for the 3rd time right now to try and fix. Need it fixed while it is still under warranty. Hopefully it will be fixed this time. Car is excellent on Gas, when people say 35 miles to the gallon, believe it. Between my Parent and myself (2008 and 2009 Camry’s) we've both got 35mpg no trips. Lots of room, lofty comfortable ride. By no means exciting or sporty ride.

Absolute Work of Art
By Ken on 11/14/09 13:26 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've got the model with the BBS wheels and the concave body kit. I love this car and everything about it. Traded my 2006 VW Passat in on it and couldn't be happier. There aren't many cars on the road that look better than this one. 4 cylinder engine runs like a champ. Plenty of power (especially for the wife).

Blind Spots
By buddy40 on 11/11/09 10:09 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My first Toyota. Bought it new and so far the only problem that I find is it has quite a few blind spots. I think back up sensors would be a nice feature.

Replaced Honda Accord EXL
By Greg on 11/10/09 15:19 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Honda V-6 got 27 mpg, 30 on I-5. Getting 25 on 4 cyl Camry w/80 less HP. It is gutless, but expected it to be, as we were trying to be more environ conscious. Interior is cheap- feel like I am driving an older Impala! Recently car started "surging" on the highway at 60-65 mph. Took to local dealer who refused to examine vehicle w/o me paying for fuel exam! Toyota's official line on surges are "floor mats." I was astonished and will never buy another Toyota, although we have had many, beginning with Corona, Cressida, Camry and Corolla before this Toyota. Overall it is very boring, seats uncomfortable, gets lousy gas mileage; is full of cheap plastic everywhere. We plan to sell it asap!

Wish I kept my Acura
By Harry L on 11/05/09 11:35 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I previously owned an Acura TL, but was disappointed in the new body style. I bought the Camry strictly because I loved the looks better than the new Acura TL. Well what a mistake that was. Even though this car has excellent acceleration, the cheap plastic parts inside are terrible quality causing squeaks and rattles everywhere.

Year 1 Review... Not that satisfied
By Byron K on 10/26/09 07:36 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my car for 1 year this month. During the first year the dealer replaced my shocks because they were going bad. I was told this is happening to cars in cold areas. My car makes various noises depending on the time of year. I hear a squeak/crackling noise coming from the radio in the winter/fall, but not when it's warm. The car actually makes noises like a house settling. The radio periodically goes from Auxiliary to the FM radio for no reason. I have driven Chevy's and Ford's that seem to be built better than this car. Now I will either trade it in and lose the 1 year of payments put into it or keep it and hope the engine proves to be as reliable as everyone else thinks.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Camry Sedan in VA is:

$111 per month*