Used 2009 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Fast grocery getter
By mdfuzz

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Fast V6 with passing power needed for those long drives. I've put 41K miles on mine in under 2 years and, (aside from some fit and finish hiccups), I have little to complain about. The rear passenger side window track mechanism fell apart and the lower front grill fell off early on, but both were fixed under warranty. The recalls were also an inconvenience. Strayed from the Honda when I bought her because I didn't like the new Honda Accord body style.

Favorite Features

268 HP V6. Roomy for a 6 foot plus driver.

Suggested Improvements

Looks like a Mazda. Finish issues, cheap interior plastic and recalls I had to deal with. Hope Toyota gets it's focus back on track with it's bulletproof quality track record.

An Amazing Camry
By Crystal

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The camry is a smooth and comfortable mid size sedan. It is reasonably priced and it is very classy. The engine is great I have always and only purchased Toyotas. They run for an extremely long time and have minimal problems compared to other brands. I have purchased over 8 Toyotas in the past two years and still own all of them. You can't go wrong with the camry if you want reliable this is the perfect car.

Favorite Features

I would say the stereo changer on the steering wheel and the bass is pretty intense for me even when I have it on 0.

Suggested Improvements

I would only say better mileage since I do commute to school from the country but it does get good mileage but I would like to be able to get as much as I can per gallon.

Disappointed with the Camry
By Ron B

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car jerks before it accelerates. It lurks when the brakes are applied. The interior materials looks like it's made of cheap plastic. The color is ugly. Parts of the engine, drive shafts, bolts, nuts, show very early rusting, and got worse after a year. It is so underpowered that it makes a lot of vibration and noise during acceleration. I would not recommend this car.

Favorite Features

Adjustable seat but only on the driver side.

Suggested Improvements

More color choices for the interior. The passenger seat should be adjustable. The exterior should be redesigned. Metal parts should be made of better materials or at least rust- protected. 30 more HP should improve performance.

My 2009 Camry
By My 2009 Camry

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I ordered a new '09 Camry and went to get it on a cloudy day after it came in to the Kingsport,Tn. dealership. Then I drove it home and parked it inside of my garage. Got my new Camry back out on a sunny nice day; that's when I noticed the paint had marks all over the car. I drove it straight back to the Kingsport dealer with only appx. 50 miles on it and the dealer agreed the paint was messed-up. After 3 meetings with factory Toyota reps., which agreed with me on the paint, Toyota rep. laughed , told me the warranty didn't cover it and they weren't going to do anything about it. I explained to them I had always been a Toyota man.Still got a bad paint job. Buyer, BEWARE!

Suggested Improvements

Do better paint jobs and stand behind what they make.

Toyota cover-up tactics
By Paul

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought my 2009 LE and from the start I felt that there was something wrong in the brakes. A booster valve was replaced twice, but the pedal remained soft and many times when pushed, went to the full extent of my leg. I constantly needed to pump the brakes to get firm response. Toyota brought their big gun techno guy to the arbitration, along with engineering specs. I was the dumb consumer. ALL testing that they did to determine that my Camry was fine, was done out of sight. After buying many other Totota models over the years, I am very disappointed in their tactics.

Favorite Features

I like the ride and comfort, along with pleasing gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

They made a change in the 2010 models by making standard traction control and stability package. This was pointed out by the Toyota Techno guy.