2009 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Love My New Camry
By Shade on 03/21/10 10:57 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just traded in my old 1999 Ford Taurus for a 2009 Toyota Camry. I bought the Camry used with 35000 miles. The ride is like riding on glass. I put a lot of miles on a car per year (about 20,000 miles) and filled up my Taurus 3 times per week at about 30 dollars a fill. I fill up my Camry once a week. That saves me 200 dollars per month. Amazing! The only thing I have to criticize is the head rests are very uncomfortable because they push your head forward. I adjust the angle of the seat to compensate. They should make the head rests adjustable horizontally. I have a four cylinder and it has impressive power similar to my 6 cylinder 1999 Ford Taurus I traded.

Glad to see it go
By clem on 03/18/10 12:22 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car was crap pulled to the right all the time felt like I had been in a boxing match every time I drove it, dealer ship said it was the road, also wore tires out like crazy, had the 4 cyl no power and a lag when you took off never knew if it wanted to go, and now the things are running away. Guess that's the road too, anyway got out of it. Bought a Kia borrego SUV road doesn't make it pull to the right goes when I push the gas and stops when I want it to good luck Toyota

Love my Camry!
By L.A. Wilson on 03/17/10 20:53 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

As many have, I too have read poor reviews that others might give regarding the Camry. Not my experience! But neither will I give this car all "10's" like some. That's just silly. Suffice it to say, I'm EXTREMELY satisfied. The engine is powerful & the 6 sp. tranny, silky smooth. I love the interior & Magnetic Gray exterior (on my SE, that is). Nav. is outstanding and feature filled (w/ bluetooth). JBL Stereo cranks while playing home burned 10 album, MP3 disks. The stock tires were shredded in only 13K, but that's Toyota typical. Quiet interior. Great controls, logically laid out. Comfortable seats (for my 6'2" 280lb. frame). Currently own two other Toyo

Pretty much pleased with my Fleet Camry
By Biodot on 03/11/10 09:36 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This was my first Toyota and it's a plain Jane Fleet car. It looks nice and is comfy and full of good features for a base model. The four cylinder is surprisingly good and good on the gas. The tranny makes the experience more bearable and it is quiet and seamless. I've had absolutely no issues with the car and have over 42,000 miles.

Really? A Camry?
By richberk on 03/09/10 00:49 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My girlfriend purchased her SE in spring of 08. Since then I have racked almost 25,000 miles on it when we drive from Pennsylvania to our cottage in Canada. The seats are so comfortable I'm not even sore when i get out after sitting for 10 hours. The car handles great in all conditions, highways, back roads, dirt roads, snow and ice. It actually handles better in the snow than my Jeep Grand Cherokee dose. I drive 110 miles a day in my jeep V8 and am ready to sign for a 09 se like her's. I'm so impressed!

Too many issues
By Lady Jen on 02/05/10 19:23 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I leased this car and had to buy 4 new tires at 16K mi., had the seatbelt holder repaired after two months of driving, and the transmission seems to not want to shift down properly. Added to all those joys, the recalls. This car is garbage and I can't wait until next year to move over to Honda.

Love this Car Despite Shortcomings
By Dave on 02/05/10 14:32 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love this car, despite obvious shortcomings. Bought it nearly new with only 12000 miles on the odometer to replace a rock solid '98 Accord on which I put over 200,000 mi. Camry's biggest shortcoming is the build quality of the interior. There are minor squeaks in the driver's seat, and the back seat makes a popping sound. Rear view mirror is a little loose already. The drive is silky smooth, however. The 4 Cyl has surprising pickup and shifts are much smoother than the '09 Accords I test drove. Handling of the SE is almost on par with the Accord and the ride is firm. Highway noise is quite. Despite the cheap looking seats, they are comfortable. All this makes driving a pleasure.

Great used car
By Simon on 01/21/10 17:18 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I read many of these reviews and I was on the lookout for some of the various issues that owners were concerned about. I paid approx. 10K less for a certified 09'. If I had purchased new, I would say the car is not worth the money, as a used car...it's a no brainer. I got a "good" car, good panel fit, no rattles, whisper quiet at 70mph,killer fuel mileage and low insurance cost. I'm 6'3" with a bad back...no issues with seat comfort.

Great Car!!
By Geno Z on 01/10/10 23:25 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a very sharp car that has a awesome ride and offers a very sporty ride! It has all the power you will need and gets very good gas mileage. Great on long trips and handles very well. Third Toyota I have bought and will continue to buy. Very dependable car.

Great, if unexciting, car
By Stuart on 12/25/09 07:03 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Let's be honest about things. If you want a car that's that fast, offers a sporty ride and sporty handling - the Camry is not for you. I can tell you that this is the most stress-free car I have ever owned. It goes where I need it go without a complaint, is not a gas hog, and while not overly powerful - can hold its own on the highway. There has been lots of carping about the interior materials but I think they're ok and certainly better than the previous Mazda and Pontiac I owned. For an entry-level midsized car, I don't expect wood grain and leather. Anybody looking for reliable transportation for the long- term - this is the car for them.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Camry in WA is:

$139 per month*