Used 2009 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 221 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Extrimly Fun
By sashach

2009 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We bought 2009 Camry Se about 8 months ago in Autumn and i have to say in the beginning it was a little iffy. The first thing we noticed is rattles in the dash panel, which Toyota told us would cost 900$ to fix. (p.s. i
fixed most of the rattles for 10$ by applying a thin strip of spongy material under the dashboard clock). Another thing that was little strange is the whining noise coming from the engine on low rpms, but after asking around i was told its the way engine works and no problems after 10 k km. Other than that it is a gorgeous car,
this is my first vehicle and its my baby. One thing to note is if buying, ask if the car has wind kit and nv008-07 upgrade.

Btw we have white Camry Se, and by adding a low hanging mud flaps, and plasti dipping the wheels and emblems black makes it a real head turner.

We got a lemon
By kfran

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Well it's bound to happen that when a company makes thousands of a product, there will be a bad egg in there somewhere. Unfortunately, we bought the bad egg. Camry was purchased brand new and at 24,000 miles we started having problems with the car nearly quiting on us as we were driving it. Engine light came on & we've had it at a local Toyota dealership if not every week but every few months since (we now have over 60,000 miles). The car has had the computer reset, a coil replaced, last Friday April 29, a spark plug was replaced after the Toyota engineers reviewed the codes because the mechanics couldn't figure it out. Well, sorry to say, the car is back in the shop today-still not fixed!

trunk space

driver seat needs more support

Best Car I've driven and owned
By mike_inmid5

2009 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

First off, I have been in sales for 25 years. Many of those years were company supplied vehicles. Ford Taurus', Explorer. Have also owned Dodge Pickup, etc. All typical American vehicles.
This Camry is just so much more refined than all those vehicles. Despite it being a 4 cylinder, the vehicle is plenty fast, and can pass at will (unless someone is doing 90 mph, then I wont pass them).Interior is great, I get a lot of compliments believe it or not, with SE the Ice Blue color. I have had zero maintenance problems. NADA ! Just change oil. At 46,000 miles now, and love every minute of it. The engine is bulletproof, and the ride is very comfortable. I'll likely keep it until 250,000 miles.

Black cloth interior of SE package is actually very nice looking. Don't need to waste money on the leather, and very comfortable on long drives or short commutes. Looks of this vehicle is best looking Camry ever ! Gas mileage averages around 27, city highway. I have gotten 34 on a tank, with city mixed in. I get compliments on looks, perhaps bc of the ice blue color and SE spoiler. SE suspension and tuning is excellent ! Stereo is great too. I cannot find anything I dont like about this vehicle. Seriously.

The only suggestion would likely be from my wife. She is only 5', and the way the seat is, its hard for her to get a good position, without being too close to the steering wheel. Perhaps some internal re-design on seat height. I'm 5'10" and its perfect for me.

Reliable' but lacking
By prodriver82

2009 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought a 2009 Toyota Camry in November 2011 as a replacement for a 2005 Chevy Trail Blazer with 126,000 miles & we had for 6 years. At first, we liked the Camry. Took the car on at least one long distance monthly trip. Every month for a year. But even before we made it to 7 months, we were looking for a SUV platform vehicle to replace the Camry.
The Camry is what it is. Solid transportation. It just wasn't our cup of tea.
If your considering a Camry to purchase, steer more towards the SE or the XLE versions. You will be happier.

Great gas millage. Always got 22 city/30 highway. A comfortable & reliable car. Holds decent trade in value similar to Honda Accords.

Fully Satisfied Camry owner
By stevenzhuli

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought a used 2009 camry V6 LE with 98K mileage, measured 2 days trip, average gas at 7.3L /100km, about 32MPG, Mostly country road driving. I am very happy with the purchase. Good acceleration, excellent commut car. Very quiet. I am hesitating to buy a V6 since the gas price. But the camry really surprise me. So far did not see anything wrong with it.

Quietness

Make the grind clearance bigger like 6.5"