2009 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Desperate measures equals bad news 4 us!
By Steve on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Camry LE 4cyl back in March of 2009 and at 23,000 miles I had to replace all four tires cause the treads were worn. I was like what? Ridiculous. I don't drive hard and I rotate every 5000 miles. Come to find out the factory tires are only good for 30,000 miles. A Firestone mechanic told me this when I went to replace my tires. Toyota is trying to cut costs as much as possible wherever possible to manufacture their vehicles in these economic times. Pedal recalls are one example. Who knows what other parts might go wrong in the future and another major recall hits. 2 of my friends own a Camry 07 and both of their cars are burning 1 qt of oil every 1000 miles! with 40000 miles on it

Hesitation from start
By ist. toyota on 09/08/10 10:48 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my first Toyota on reputation of build quality. I have had six trips to dealer for transmission leaks power steering leaks parts coming loose on front under carriage and hesitation on take off. The service rep. Said this was normal for this model and there was nothing they could do about the hesitation. Makes for a jerky take off. Not safe. I have 5 months and 10,000 miles left on warranty. Time to get something different

Worthy of the SE (Sports Edition) name
By JimBob Seeker on 09/05/10 22:01 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My driving experience spans more than 35 years. I have always wanted a sports car but the pragmatist in me could never justify it. I have owned economy cars, mini-vans and family sedans but never a car with a performance flavor until now. I purchased a used '09 Camry SE with 20Km on the odometer several months ago and I was pleasantly surprised to find that I could have my cake and eat it too. This vehicle carries 4 adults in comfort, provides very good fuel economy, handles superbly, has decent acceleration, feels right at home on the freeway, looks like a sports car and has a very likable personality. Overall, I am very pleased with the car. I would definitely buy another.

Female Disappointed With Toyota
By thecrock1 on 08/20/10 19:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My car drove great for the first year and a half and now the steering wheel shakes (I believe it's the rotors) but dealership won't do anything about it. But the main problem is when the ac is on the car acts like it wants to die sometimes when you are coming to a stop. The whole car is vibrating on and off or shaking like the engine is missing or something. Only happens when ac is on. Again dealership says nothing wrong. Very disappointed in Toyota and this dealership. Had heard so many good things about Toyota. Will not buy another one. They are just like all the other dealerships I have dealt with. Once you buy the car thats it. They don't help you or fix anything.

New purchase
By Rob on 08/03/10 09:27 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I currently own a 1992, Toyota, Camry, 4cyl, with 228,000 miles. My friend's Camry has 530,000 miles. I recently purchase a 2009, Camry, se. I will let you know how I like the car. And no I do not plan to sell my 1992 Camry. It is in perfect interior & exterior condition.

Pro-Camry
By Debbie on 07/29/10 07:01 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just got into a head-on collision in my 2009 Camry 3 days ago. My car did FANTASTIC! The airbag in the steering wheel and the leg airbag did exactly what it was supposed to do. Not a broken bone in my body and I was able to walk away. The seat belt locked up instantly and not a bit of whiplash. I am sore from all of the bruising but grateful I was in this safe car. With all of the media attention on Toyota, I was worried I made a wrong choice but I was proven wrong 4 days ago. Thanks Toyota!!

Disappointed with Quality
By Aaron on 07/06/10 16:34 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have owned my Camry for just over 2 years now. Very disappointed in the quality. I always feel like my car is out of alignment/balance and the steering wheel shakes like crazy. I've had it checked multiple times and they dealer says "there's nothing wrong." The seats are very uncomfortable and not good for long drives. I hear sounds coming from the dash that aren't causing issues, but seem out of the ordinary. Had to have tires replaced at 20k, which I thought was ridiculous. Also had to have the brakes replaced at 30k, which seemed too soon as well. The only positive things I have to say about this car are that the new design is great and don't hear road noise. Glad I leased!

Camry SE is the best!
By Lia on 06/16/10 20:02 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I fell in love with this car the second I test drove it. I traded in a 2001 Toyota Highlander because I wanted to get back into a sedan. It's so fun to drive - the pickup is wonderful - and it is so comfortable even on long drives. The bluetooth is nice and I don't have a problem hearing the people on the other end but have had people tell me that sometimes they have trouble hearing me. Overall I am ecstatic about my purchase. No problems thus far. It was part of the recall but the dealership put in all of the new parts overnight which was convenient for me.

First Toyota
By spur on 06/13/10 21:01 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first foreign vehicle. I have been very pleased for the most part with this car. I get 29 mpg with a modern looking interior. The car doesn't even have 28,000 miles and they needed to be replaced. I don't squeal the tires, slam on the brakes, or even speed. The tires have even been rotated every 5,000 miles. Another problem I have with the car is the windows. When it is hot, the windows stick and leave a black residue you can never get off. A couple of times I thought the window would detach or motor would break. I guess that will probably be the next recall.

Not what I expected
By Toyota inTexas on 05/30/10 19:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my car for 16 months. I wish I had bought the 6 cyl. It could use more power especially with my other family members in the car. The front seats are not comfortable. The poor placement of the accelerator and brake are an issue. I've had my foot slip off the accelerator and get caught behind the brake pedal. I had always heard good things about Camrys. But I now wish I would have bought an Acura. The recalls and decline in quality just remind me that I should have bought another brand.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Camry in VA is:

$111 per month*