2009 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews 3

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
I am in awe at what a piece of crap this car is
By yousmell102 on 05/27/11 20:57 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Leased a 2009 Camry Le back in the summer of '08. Couldn't be more disappointed. I have had the weirdest problems with this car, ie accelerator and brake pedals that have a mind of their own. In the past year the car has developed an annoying and extremely dangerous problem where the tension of the gas pedal seems to be constantly changing. Sometimes, it responds with just the slightest amount of pressure, other times, applying it with the exact same amount of force results in no acceleration at all. It's like the car encounters dead spots where it simply refuses to accelerate. You'll need a burst of power to pass or just to get out of someone's way, and it won't be there!

Not happy with quality
By soapbox17 on 05/26/11 09:53 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This Camry is not the Camry of the old days. The interior materials seem to be cheap. The SE vehicle suspension is horrible. You can every bump. The acceleration in the 4 cylinder veh was OK until the recall on the brake pedal. Now the acceleration is horrible!!! My vehicle is Black and the factory paint had bad places on it when we bought it and we had to have the PS door and rear bumper painted. The paint is very dull and even when clean it is not shiny even with a wax(almost like to they did not put a clear coat on it).I had a 2000 Camry for years and loved it until my daughter's boyfriend totaled it. This 2009 Camry could never stand up to the quality of the older Camrys.

Hate my car!!
By jennifer_zuri on 04/14/11 08:02 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I wanted a Camry for such a long time. I traded my 2003 Chevy Tracker with 140k miles for this piece of junk Camry. I had the car for 5k miles and it already needed new brakes. The take off is terrible, the RPM's go very high on take off, it smells like it is burning and the interior is very poor. My air circulator turns off all the time letting the outside air in and the ride is really rough. The clearance is terrible and now @ 40k miles the dealer tells me that I have to get a fuel injector cleaner on 3 of the injectors (at 150 a pop), a power steering flush and again new brakes! WOW, what a deal!!

Hat!e It
By annette1993 on 04/12/11 17:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I hate it, absolutely hate it. I had a 2003 Camry SE that was a fabulous cream puff. In seven years never needed anything but brakes and tires. Comfortable, well made, good on gas, great car, loved it. Unfortunately, I totaled it and replaced it with a 2009 Toyota Camry LE. What a terrible mistake. I am really shocked, what a piece of junk. Inside cheap plastic, one vent is broken, cup holder is inconveniently placed, and seat is extremely uncomfortable. What were they thinking when they redesigned the interior? I have never been so uncomfortable in a car. The worse part is, I am very apprehensive while driving it because it has so many blind spots. The rear window has extreme poor visibility. The car also makes wide turns. I cannot judge when parking or turning onto lanes. I canít see the curb when I am making turns. I have to lean forward out of my seat when making turns because I cannot see where I am going. I have had a Honda, Buick, Nissan, Camry (2003), Chrysler, Chevy, Toyota Supra, and never had this problem before. Also, gas mileage is not as good as the 2003. Additionally, cheap paint job. In one year paint is peeling, yet my 2003 never had that problem in seven years!! The car also has poor pick up. The 2003 Camry was a far superior car in every way. My mechanic agrees with me. Toyota is now making garbage. I am so sorry that I did not buy a used 2003 Ė 2005 Camry.

Fast grocery getter
By mdfuzz on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Fast V6 with passing power needed for those long drives. I've put 41K miles on mine in under 2 years and, (aside from some fit and finish hiccups), I have little to complain about. The rear passenger side window track mechanism fell apart and the lower front grill fell off early on, but both were fixed under warranty. The recalls were also an inconvenience. Strayed from the Honda when I bought her because I didn't like the new Honda Accord body style.

An Amazing Camry
By Crystal on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The camry is a smooth and comfortable mid size sedan. It is reasonably priced and it is very classy. The engine is great I have always and only purchased Toyotas. They run for an extremely long time and have minimal problems compared to other brands. I have purchased over 8 Toyotas in the past two years and still own all of them. You can't go wrong with the camry if you want reliable this is the perfect car.

Disappointed with the Camry
By Ron B on 10/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car jerks before it accelerates. It lurks when the brakes are applied. The interior materials looks like it's made of cheap plastic. The color is ugly. Parts of the engine, drive shafts, bolts, nuts, show very early rusting, and got worse after a year. It is so underpowered that it makes a lot of vibration and noise during acceleration. I would not recommend this car.

My 2009 Camry
By My 2009 Camry on 10/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I ordered a new '09 Camry and went to get it on a cloudy day after it came in to the Kingsport,Tn. dealership. Then I drove it home and parked it inside of my garage. Got my new Camry back out on a sunny nice day; that's when I noticed the paint had marks all over the car. I drove it straight back to the Kingsport dealer with only appx. 50 miles on it and the dealer agreed the paint was messed-up. After 3 meetings with factory Toyota reps., which agreed with me on the paint, Toyota rep. laughed , told me the warranty didn't cover it and they weren't going to do anything about it. I explained to them I had always been a Toyota man.Still got a bad paint job. Buyer, BEWARE!

Toyota cover-up tactics
By Paul on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought my 2009 LE and from the start I felt that there was something wrong in the brakes. A booster valve was replaced twice, but the pedal remained soft and many times when pushed, went to the full extent of my leg. I constantly needed to pump the brakes to get firm response. Toyota brought their big gun techno guy to the arbitration, along with engineering specs. I was the dumb consumer. ALL testing that they did to determine that my Camry was fine, was done out of sight. After buying many other Totota models over the years, I am very disappointed in their tactics.

A life-saver!
By Gordy on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We've owned the Camry for over one year and we love it. Our car was stopped at a light and was rear-ended by a vehicle traveling 45 mph; all other vehicles involved were totaled. My wife was able to walk away (thanks Toyota!) and the Camry sustained over $9,000 in damages. Even after the collision, and excellent repair work, it drives like brand-new. We love the ride and the peppy engine. It gets GREAT mileage on the highway and so-so mileage (23) around town. We'll own this one for a long time.