Used 2009 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Nice car but miss my 4Runner
By Toyota Lover

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The XLE is a nice car with plenty of power, as long as you don't mind waiting for it. The delay between the time you hit the gas and the time the vehicle actually responds is almost scary it takes so long. I actually have time to think to myself, "I hope the car goes before I get hit" and then it lunges forward, typically faster than you intended so you have to act quickly so you don't hit someone in front of you. I think I really miss the 2006 4Runner I traded for this Camry and the Camry isn't holding its value as well as the 4Runner did. I'm disappointed and I guess I'll just have to wait unit I can afford to trade back to a 4Runner.

The Smart Key keyless entry system with remote start is absolutely awesome. I plan to have this neat feature in every vehicle I own from this point forward if at all possible.

While I like the 6-speed sequential shift transmission, I think this may be the problem with the acceleration delay, plus the jerking forward when it reacts. It just takes too long between hitting the gas and the vehicle reacting. It's almost a safety hazard it's so slow and jerky.

Great handling Camry
By Tony

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is the 3rd Camry my wife and I have owned--and by far the best. Handling is excellent-with little sacrifice from usual Camry ride. Performance is generally good for a 4, but a little lacking on upgrades. Very roomy and comfortable. Loved the stability control during a Cleveland winter. We like the styling a lot- different from usual Camrys. No problems so far (11,000 miles over 14 months).

Stability control, lumbar adjustment, great handling due to beefier suspension.

Increase 4 cylinder horsepower from 158.

Toyota = (disappointment)^2
By UNHAPPY

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

A/C is too weak in the Summer. Heater is weak in the Winter. Plastic smells funny in the Summer. Seats are horrible and there is no way to relax. Looks old, like 2007 body. Observed gas mileage appears poor: 20 mpg. Ergonomics is very poor: I have to open my door with two fingers from the inside... Cheap-O stereo. Interior is cheap plastic garbage: Some of the dashboard parts have misplacement. Electronics (RPM failure) and some wiring issues were covered by Toyota since itís a lease and I donít care about details. My Story: I had no motivation to buy Toyota Camry but I needed a car ASAP (I graduated and moved to NYC in August 2008). I wanted to buy VW Jetta but NY dealers were playing games..

Cheap Lease 36 month, Leg Room, Quiet inside, Good Breaks, Low Emission, Toyota Service

A/C & Heater, Interior, Seats, Audio System, Gas Mileage, Quality, Body Style, Bigger Sunroof, Better Handling during the high speeds, and a little more power.

Outstanding Car
By Justice

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car delivers exactly what it is marketed to do. It provides a very smooth ride with all of the practical needs. I am still on my first tank of gas, and I am wondering if we will ever need to fill up. It is extremely quiet. You can hardly tell if the car is running. I almost turned the key to try and start it again because I could not hear the engine.

Comfortable seats and the instrument layout. I am stunned that so many people have commented on the seats being uncomfortable. They are great compared to my 99 Altima. The auto lights and stereo controls on the steering wheel are also a nice touch.

None needed. I paid 19000 for this car. An outstanding price for the quality delivered.

Disappointing
By CD 1

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Center piece on dashboard above clock keeps popping out one quarter inch. Dealer says replacing dashboard *may* fix problem but may cause squeaks and rattles. Standard Michelin all season tires are horrible in snow. Traction control should have override button; car will get stuck in small amounts of snow, cannot spin wheels to get free. Front seat lacks thigh support for tall drivers. Fuel gauge operation is non-linear. Rear bumper cover cracked due to ice accumulation in wheel well. City fuel mileage is not that impressive. Rear visibility restricted by front seat headrests. Overall, a disappointment for a car with a reputation for quality. On the plus side, interior noise is low.

The auxiliary input jack on the stereo is a nice feature but the location is inconvenient.

If the quality and front seat comfort were improved I would be satisfied.