Used 2009 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 221 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Lacks pick-up
By Alice

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I previously owned 2003 Camry (4- cyl.). I absolutely loved my 2003. I traded it in for the new 2009 body style. My 2009 Camry has very little pick-up. It barely gets out of its own way on Interstate! Scary!!! Also, the door storage areas and console areas are not as large as in the 2003. The 2009 Camry is somewhat disappointing. I don't necessarily dislike the car totally, but I truly miss the pick-up from the 2003 Camry.

Nice size trunk. Sleek looking exterior.

Work on pick-up.

1st Time Toyota owner
By bh

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have owned the car for 2 months. Best features are the smooth and quiet ride. I recently rode in a friend's new Accord and the Camry is much more quiet and much smoother. The engine is very quiet at idle, and at 70 mph. The handling is not very sporty thanks to the drive-by-wire steering; needs more road feel. The car downshifts too much when going up slight grades at interstate hwy. speeds; otherwise the transmission is very smooth and shifts seamlessly. This is a five- speed and I can only imagine that the new 6-speed would have more of the downshifting problem. Overall I really like the car and believe it is a good value in the midsize category. I don't regret the purchase at all.

Smooth transmission and quiet/smooth ride. On a recent trip we got 32.6 mpg at constant 70 mph. Expect to get even better mph when car is fully broken in. The dashboard design is so simple and user friendly. Electric seat is great; seat sits quite high in "up" position. Great cabin visibility.

Better road feel in steering. Needs to have more solid material in rear wheel wells instead of fabric.

Almost perfect
By steve

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I test drove the Honda Accord and Nissan Altima . The Camry had a more pleasant ride and that's a difficult chore in the streets of NYC . Quiet and responsive was the Camry , with excellent fuel economy. Me being quite tall at 6 ' 4 inches I felt very comfortable but the only drawback I've experienced is on long drives. I find myself making a few adjustments to the drivers seat to get comfortable. Other than that the car is a perfect buy for a family of 4. Trunk space fits 2 large suitcases with no problem and the gas mileage on the highway at 55 is 34. Very happy with the purchase and looking forward to many years of reliability. After all its a Toyota.

soft quiet ride, reliability, very good fuel mileage

none

Best vanilla value on the market
By robert

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Love the super white with very nice after market heated seats, very quiet, nice ride, very readable dash, lots of space especially in the trunk, split folding rear seat, avg. 27 in mixed driving and 35 highway at 65 mph, did not pay for alloys or sunroof or fog lites or high end stereo none of which interest me. Made in KENTUCKY!! NOT DETROIT.

quiet ride, style inside and out

like to have had compass mirror

Worry free/comfort
By Dave

2009 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love my Camry. I took it on a multi-state ski trip; it was such a smooth quiet ride through the mountains, no problem in slush and light snowy back roads. I am 6'4 and no problem with leg and head room. I really like the new body design, and I love the car and am thinking of selling my wife's car for another Toyota, maybe rav 4, to add to collection. Hopefully being this is my first toy, there will be many years of no problems. :)

Styling, smooth quiet ride, lots of room.

The paint in the engine on the letters chipped off only after 9000 miles; not so good looking with half chipped paint. Either upgrade paint or don't bother putting on!