2009 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Forever Camry
By Mike on 05/17/08 13:17 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is our 3rd Camry. This one is the best by far. Our other Camrys were 1987 & 1989 and since then the Camry has come a long way. We traded in our truck because we stopped driving it since the gas mileage was so poor. So, we decided to trade it in for something that got better gas mileage. We looked the Honda Accord found it too noisy and had no stablity control. The Hyundai Elantra not enough pep. The Nissan Altima not as smooth. The Camry was "perfect" I can't wait to drive it on vacation. This car will be in our family for a long, long time. We couldn't be happier with our purchase.

Awesome Camry!
By Happy Customer on 05/12/08 17:01 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We bought the 2009 Camry to replace our truck for gas mileage reasons. Boy did it deliver we just got 32 mpg on the last tank. It was great to drive this car for 2 whole weeks and still have 1/4 tank of gas left! We bought the LE because it comes with everything you need plus a lot of safety features. The only option we got was the Vehicle Stability Control. Insurance wasn't that much a month more either. The 158 hp has ample power. You have more than enough get up and go. It's smooth, quiet, beautiful and fun to drive. We are driving it on vacation and I'm looking forward to great gas mileage and a comfortable ride. Plus we'll have plenty of room in the mighty Camry.

What a nice ride!
By Dale on 05/11/08 13:48 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this Camry to help ease my pocketbook with the rising gas prices. It has an incredibly comfortable ride! Even compared to my 2005 Cadillac Deville. You feel the quality workmanship that went into the making of this car. Go buy one!

Awesome
By Mike on 05/09/08 19:20 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car last weekend. I love the power the V6 provides. The ride is nice and smooth and the SE sport package really adds to the look of the car. I got it in black with the 17" rims and love the way it looks!

It's been a great first two weeks
By Anand on 05/05/08 14:57 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was debating between a Honda Civic and a Camry and decided on the Camry since we are expecting a child and roominess and the quiet ride of the Camry sold me on it. The gas mileage is great, the first tank gave me 29.75/gallon (491 on 16.5), and this included a lot of traffic driving. Filled up again and it was a surprising 36/gallon (208.3 on 5.6). Although I admit I was careful accelerating and not going beyond 70mph, but drove upto 80mph. Definitely has the power when you need it. Impressed with the quiet engine. The VVT-i is solid, smooth transmission not too jerky when switching gears on an uphill.

First Toyota
By Mike on 05/04/08 06:03 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Toyota, after always owning GM, Chevy, or Ford, along with being a truck and SUV guy. I needed a reliable car for a family of 4 that was comfortable and fuel efficient. I found it! It's just a base model Camry, but it's definitely serving its purpose. I would have like to have gotten a few more bells and whistles by at least moving up to the LE model, but I was on a very tight budget. Overall, I'm happy with the quality, peformance, and comfort of the car. The 4 cyl engine has more pep than I thought it would. I have less than 400 miles on it, but no complaints. It's going to serve its purpose well.

Great value, great car!
By Satisfied gal on 05/01/08 17:44 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We traded in our 2003 Tundra for the new 2009 Camry in order to get better gas mileage. The reliability of Toyota was what prompted us to buy a Camry. The Camry is fun to drive, has plenty of room and has a beautiful body style. We are extremely happy with our purchase.

Lovin' My Camry
By Amy on 05/01/08 14:21 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in an 2004 Expedition for this Camry & I am TOTALLY loving this car. It was time to downsize with gas prices steadily on the rise. We test drove Fusions, Malibus, Accords, Altimas & when we came to the Camry, we were sold on it. It looks great, is a wonderfully smooth ride, and the gas mileage is great. I average about 26 miles per gallon (we live in the country & have to drive 10 miles into town every day). We didn't want all the extras of the higher priced models, and the LE fits us just perfect. It's very quiet inside the cabin, too. In a month I've put about 1200 miles on it. I can't wait to go on vacation in my Camry!!

Great Value
By Bill on 04/28/08 12:55 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned several Toyota models- this one has all the others beat as respects the overall quality, easy driveability, gas mileage and reliability. The 158 horsepower is more than adequate for the every day driver.

Different from the Accord and Altima
By Dave on 04/27/08 13:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the Camry XLE w/leather after test driving similarly equipped Accord, Altima, Sonata and Fusion. The Camry clearly was superior in how quiet and smoothly it drove compared to the others. It has noticeably less acceleration from a stop but it still gets the job done. The leather seats are superior to the others. I would say that a person who needs a sedan but prefers a sportier feeling car then a different choice would be better. For those looking for a luxury feel the Camry wins.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.