Used 2009 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Most Helpful|
Glad to see it go
By clem

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car was crap pulled to the right all the time felt like I had been in a boxing match every time I drove it, dealer ship said it was the road, also wore tires out like crazy, had the 4 cyl no power and a lag when you took off never knew if it wanted to go, and now the things are running away. Guess that's the road too, anyway got out of it. Bought a Kia borrego SUV road doesn't make it pull to the right goes when I push the gas and stops when I want it to good luck Toyota

Favorite Features

seeing tags taken off of it and putting then on another vehicle

Suggested Improvements

back to the drawing board

Hat!e It
By annette1993

2009 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I hate it, absolutely hate it. I had a 2003 Camry SE that was a fabulous cream puff. In seven years never needed anything but brakes and tires. Comfortable, well made, good on gas, great car, loved it. Unfortunately, I totaled it and replaced it with a 2009 Toyota Camry LE. What a terrible mistake. I am really shocked, what a piece of junk. Inside cheap plastic, one vent is broken, cup holder is inconveniently placed, and seat is extremely uncomfortable. What were they thinking when they redesigned the interior? I have never been so uncomfortable in a car. The worse part is, I am very apprehensive while driving it because it has so many blind spots. The rear window has extreme poor visibility. The car also makes wide turns. I cannot judge when parking or turning onto lanes. I canít see the curb when I am making turns. I have to lean forward out of my seat when making turns because I cannot see where I am going. I have had a Honda, Buick, Nissan, Camry (2003), Chrysler, Chevy, Toyota Supra, and never had this problem before. Also, gas mileage is not as good as the 2003. Additionally, cheap paint job. In one year paint is peeling, yet my 2003 never had that problem in seven years!! The car also has poor pick up. The 2003 Camry was a far superior car in every way. My mechanic agrees with me. Toyota is now making garbage. I am so sorry that I did not buy a used 2003 Ė 2005 Camry.

Favorite Features

None.

Suggested Improvements

Go back to the 2003 model

Toyota = (disappointment)^2
By UNHAPPY

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

A/C is too weak in the Summer. Heater is weak in the Winter. Plastic smells funny in the Summer. Seats are horrible and there is no way to relax. Looks old, like 2007 body. Observed gas mileage appears poor: 20 mpg. Ergonomics is very poor: I have to open my door with two fingers from the inside... Cheap-O stereo. Interior is cheap plastic garbage: Some of the dashboard parts have misplacement. Electronics (RPM failure) and some wiring issues were covered by Toyota since itís a lease and I donít care about details. My Story: I had no motivation to buy Toyota Camry but I needed a car ASAP (I graduated and moved to NYC in August 2008). I wanted to buy VW Jetta but NY dealers were playing games..

Favorite Features

Cheap Lease 36 month, Leg Room, Quiet inside, Good Breaks, Low Emission, Toyota Service

Suggested Improvements

A/C & Heater, Interior, Seats, Audio System, Gas Mileage, Quality, Body Style, Bigger Sunroof, Better Handling during the high speeds, and a little more power.

TOYOTA is big mistake
By meddoab

2009 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car in July 2008 brand new from the dealership. I do maintenance regularly at the dealership where I bought it. The first year I had it, it lost a lot of oil but the dealership said it was normal, til now I lose a lot of oil. Now, I have 54K miles on it. Then one day, without any warning, the battery died. I bought a new battery from toyota and still the car wasn't working well. I returned to the dealership and they told me I need a new alternator, I had to pay all of this out of pocket because the warranty ended. I bought this car thinking that it would not give me any problems, I worked 10 hours a day to pay off this car in 3 years and now I this purchase was a HUGE mistake

Favorite Features

color, design, low maintenance (or so i thought)

Front End Shimmy
By nursenicholas

2009 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have had the car for over a year now and have been having a front end shimmy at highway speeds. This started at 9000 miles. The tires have been balanced over 3 times and now Toyota corporate is coming out to investigate vehicle. The dealer is telling me I may need new tires at 18,000 miles. New tires will cost over 1000 dollars. Loved the car at first but now am not sure. JBL audio system is poor and muffled in my opinion. Have a tear in the leather in the passengers seat and Toyota denied the warranty claim to repair it. This car has been in the shop so many times I cannot even count on both hands. I would urge any new car shopper to drive and consider all options before you purchase.

Favorite Features

Very quiet interior.

Suggested Improvements

Better audio system, better interior refinement.