2009 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Good car.
By malikj on 11/02/12 09:55 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have about 45k miles on it. It's a great car for the money. I'll stick with Toyota.

NOT MEANT FOR SHORT PEOPLE
By dendennnn on 10/30/12 17:11 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am 5 feet tall. I have to pull my seat out so close, that I can't even pull down the visor when the sun is out or it'll hit my head. (Also pulling the eat in and out sucks because the button makes it move so slow.) The Camry is meant for tall, big or buff guys. Not for a 5 foot lady! It's a good car. Some cons are that it doesn't even have a compass. I can't fast forward my music either. It is a reliable car and it's good on gas. I never fill up more than half because the as wastes less this way. I get about 20-23 mpg.

TOYOTA is big mistake
By meddoab on 10/21/12 12:00 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car in July 2008 brand new from the dealership. I do maintenance regularly at the dealership where I bought it. The first year I had it, it lost a lot of oil but the dealership said it was normal, til now I lose a lot of oil. Now, I have 54K miles on it. Then one day, without any warning, the battery died. I bought a new battery from toyota and still the car wasn't working well. I returned to the dealership and they told me I need a new alternator, I had to pay all of this out of pocket because the warranty ended. I bought this car thinking that it would not give me any problems, I worked 10 hours a day to pay off this car in 3 years and now I this purchase was a HUGE mistake

Refined motoring
By phillipg2 on 08/01/12 11:18 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is the third Camry I have owned, a 93 LE, 141,000; 02 XLE ,149,000 and now a 09 XLE. This is by far the smoothest riding and comfortable edition of these word class sedans. I see no drop off of the fit and finish, I get great gas mileage (4 cyc) and the engine is so quiet. A Lexsus without the additional $10,0000 cost and reg gas, to boot!

2009 Camry Struts leaking, other defects
By miker17 on 05/23/12 12:37 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

At 52.5k miles struts are leaking. Front seats make noises. Front door panel makes squeaking noises.

I come from a family of GM lovers, Trust me now they are spreading the word to others about Toyota, IT'S A TOTALLY DIFFERENT DRIVING VEHICLE!!
By goyankees44 on 05/19/12 18:06 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Trust me, I come from a family of General Motors lovers. They now believe me, after this car, and recommend Toyota to everyone. My Dad now loves the Sienna. GM still makes crap. Chevy sonic.. anyone? Toyota has had side airbags standard and better resale. Cobalts, sonic, colorado, s10, buick, the new impala and their new models r horrible. my gram has 15k on her cobalt and kbb says 9k. i have 40k on my 09 and kbb says 14500 HELLO!! Seriously people.. it's my pride and joy. Full tank of gas city driving only will last you 2 full weeks, trust me, this car can move!! it is SO SMOOTH this is what GM buyers don't understand, TOYOTA DRIVES TOTALLY DIFFERENT!!! and thank god for that :)

09 camry goes well for a 4 cylinder!
By fordtaurus98 on 04/19/12 13:44 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

we bought our camry right off the show room floor in saco maine. it is red with the basic wheels, loaded edition. it has bout 42 thousand miles. we havnt had one single problem with it. handles the bumps like how a middle priced, middle sized sedan should. exceleration is not bad, but the little 4-banger pushes out 158 hp, which is pretty good!. were happy with it, yeah the plastics are not the best inside, but this is not a mercaedes (or how ever you spell it). going 100 miles per hour on the highway is a breez, it only tachs about 2900-3000 rpm!

loved it
By amarji on 03/25/12 01:31 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

so i bought this car back in 2009 with 6k miles on it !! now it has 47k miles on it and it still runes like new !! i never had one single problem with this car, all i did was changing the oil every 5000 miles ( i know it should be 3000 miles) and i changed the tires at around 35K !!! very reliable car, fun to drive, smooth steering, great response from the gas pedal and the brakes. the ONLY problem might be the blind spots caused by the big side airbag panels !!

Not happy
By jspec31 on 10/11/11 10:01 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I decided on the Camry because they're supposed to be known for their reliability. I bought it with about 38K miles on it. When I first took it on the highway the steering wheel shook pretty bad. The used dealer balanced all of the tires, and it did get better. A week later he put on 4 new tires and it was a vast improvement. However, approaching 45K, the rotors are warped , as I can feel pulsation when applying brakes. The car does shake again on the highway. Also the gas mileage is junk! Probably the way I drive because I went from a 6 cyl to 4, but when being conservative I only got 27mpg at best. Interior cheap and uncomfortable, paint is chipping on plastic body parts.

Love My Camry
By camrydrvr1 on 06/21/11 07:11 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in my Saturn Vue for an 09 Camry SE. I traded my Vue due to a new job where I have to commute and hour each way. The comfort, safety, and gas mileage is what made my decision for me. My camry has 70,000 miles on it currently. I have had no problems at all. I keep up with regular oil changes and I keep my car very clean.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Camry in VA is:

$111 per month*