2009 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
1 hot ride - love this sporty family car
By First Toyota 4 Me on 06/07/08 21:32 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the first Toyota I have ever owned. Let me just say that this far exceeds anything i ever expected. My Toyota has highway power with extra to boot. Comforts that make my 45 minute drive to work easy. After driving my Camry I can tell you that I am Toyota lover now and my teenagers will each receive one when the time is right.

Ready to Trade
By Joe on 06/06/08 18:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2009 Toyota Camry SE in March and will be trading it very soon. Only has 800, but I would rather not have a bad back. The seats in the Camry are the most uncomfortable seats of any car I've ever owed. The ride is smooth and the car is quiet, decent gas mileage and nice style. NO pickup at all. This car is to big for a 4 cylinder and it hesitates when you press on the gas as you start off. Not good if you plan to do a lot of highway driving. Toyota should be ashamed of themselves for designed such uncomfortable seats. Honda here I come.

High performance peace of mind
By joe on 05/31/08 23:02 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

As a father of three children, and a passion for sports cars, finding something that boasts performance and economic efficiency was no easy task until I took this camry se v6 for a test drive. It makes a statement with high performance driving and looks. Rest assured whether you're hauling groceries with the family or just haulin' on open road, the smiles are impossible to hide. Overall comfort and interior quality makes you forget your not driving a $50k automobile. All of the creature comforts and styling at half the expected cost.

Camrys since 1994
By Camrys win again on 05/31/08 08:31 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Researched Camry and Accords extensively. Have had Camrys since 1994. Purchased LE 4cyl, sunroof and alloy wheels. Love the quiet ride, especially over city bumps. Found the Accord not as forgiving in the city. If you do a lot of highway or curvy country road driving get the Accord with the vehicle stability package. Otherwise, if you live in the city get the Camry. It's more a "squishy" comfortable drive with good sound "muffling" ability. Also, this is picky but the a/c on the Camry works alot better than Honda especially when speed varies.

What's not to like!
By PJC on 05/30/08 00:36 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have always had fast sport cars and performance, quality and style were always important to me but I grew up and gas got expensive so I had to find a car that I could compromise with. The Camry fit that bill. It's not a fast sports car but the 4 cylinder has good performance for what it is. The style is sporty for a 4 door. It's not built like my Mercedes and I don't expect it to be for 45K less but it comes close enough for me to enjoy the car. We just put some nice wheels and tires on the car and that made a big difference in appearance. I now drive the Camry more than my Mercedes because of its fuel economy and I don't mind it a bit, it's a fine automobile.

BEST Car for your $ $ ! But BE Sensible!
By chasms on 05/26/08 20:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my second Camry and so far it's just as impressive as my 2006 Camry Solara was. Only now it's been improved upon since then. IMO, there is little reason to spend money on a Cadillac when the XLE is as close as you'll get for a fraction of the cost. BUT...a person can't expect V8 performance from a 4 banger, and still expect good MPG. The car is as perfect as I can expect for the money - and a whole lot better than that! To all of those who do love the car, please hit your glass against mine!

Noises on this car
By nikkim on 05/21/08 08:13 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my 09 Camry when gas just so expensive for our 06 Tundra. Im happy with all but the sound of the slightly loud 4 cyl. engine. Once on the road is ok though, only when accelerating. Also we have dash rattling noises, not really bad, probably just need some foam padding in there. The biggest complaint I have is the fuel economy. It said 23-31 mpg. I am only getting about 26, and I drive very conservatively. Hopefully it will do better when the air is not on and summer is over. There is also a loud noise when I take off from a dead stop. Other drivers here on this site had the same problem. My car sounds like the problem is up front though. Am definitely going to take for a check up.

Toyo fun
By Farrell F Alexis on 05/20/08 21:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car is really nice. My friends really like the design. The performance is great especially the handling. With the right conditions outside, the acceleration is superb. It is very pleasant to drive. It is surprisingly quiet when the engine first starts. A 9/10 for the 2009 Toyota Camry. The gas mileage is good but could improve a little more.

Great Car - Great price
By Paul3637 on 05/19/08 09:01 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Ride and engine are quiet and smooth as silk. The 268 HP V-6 has lots of zip and gets outstanding gas mileage. My LE does not have traction/stability control but I really don't need it. If you like to take corners hard, get the stability control or get the SE. I did not get the SE because all the ones in stock were loaded with expensive features I did not want.

I love this car
By Mike on 05/18/08 08:32 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We bought this car a couple months ago and are very happy we did. I looked at the Nissan, the Accord, and the Malibu and came to the conclusion the Toyota Camry is the best built most comfortable of them all. We traded in a 2005 Trailblazer that was in excellent shape but the cost of gas had us looking. My wife had a difficult time letting go of her SUV but now that we have the Camry she is very pleased.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Camry Sedan in VA is:

$111 per month*