Used 2009 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Most Helpful|
Great, if unexciting, car
By Stuart

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Let's be honest about things. If you want a car that's that fast, offers a sporty ride and sporty handling - the Camry is not for you. I can tell you that this is the most stress-free car I have ever owned. It goes where I need it go without a complaint, is not a gas hog, and while not overly powerful - can hold its own on the highway. There has been lots of carping about the interior materials but I think they're ok and certainly better than the previous Mazda and Pontiac I owned. For an entry-level midsized car, I don't expect wood grain and leather. Anybody looking for reliable transportation for the long- term - this is the car for them.

Favorite Features

The interior layout is excellent. When I stepped into the car for the first time it felt like I had been driving it all along. Controls are simple to use and operate. Excellent-sounding stereo.

Suggested Improvements

Car (4-cyl version) would benefit from some more horsepower, although I think this was addressed in the 2010 model.

A life-saver!
By Gordy

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We've owned the Camry for over one year and we love it. Our car was stopped at a light and was rear-ended by a vehicle traveling 45 mph; all other vehicles involved were totaled. My wife was able to walk away (thanks Toyota!) and the Camry sustained over $9,000 in damages. Even after the collision, and excellent repair work, it drives like brand-new. We love the ride and the peppy engine. It gets GREAT mileage on the highway and so-so mileage (23) around town. We'll own this one for a long time.

Favorite Features

The Camry is a VERY safe vehicle. Peppy 4 cylinder, GREAT comfortable drive and ride, excellent highway mileage.

Suggested Improvements

None.

Refined motoring
By phillipg2

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is the third Camry I have owned, a 93 LE, 141,000; 02 XLE ,149,000 and now a 09 XLE. This is by far the smoothest riding and comfortable edition of these word class sedans. I see no drop off of the fit and finish, I get great gas mileage (4 cyc) and the engine is so quiet. A Lexsus without the additional $10,0000 cost and reg gas, to boot!

Favorite Features

Wood grain, moon roof, leather

Extrimly Fun
By sashach

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We bought 2009 Camry Se about 8 months ago in Autumn and i have to say in the beginning it was a little iffy. The first thing we noticed is rattles in the dash panel, which Toyota told us would cost 900$ to fix. (p.s. i fixed most of the rattles for 10$ by applying a thin strip of spongy material under the dashboard clock). Another thing that was little strange is the whining noise coming from the engine on low rpms, but after asking around i was told its the way engine works and no problems after 10 k km. Other than that it is a gorgeous car, this is my first vehicle and its my baby. One thing to note is if buying, ask if the car has wind kit and nv008-07 upgrade.

Suggested Improvements

Btw we have white Camry Se, and by adding a low hanging mud flaps, and plasti dipping the wheels and emblems black makes it a real head turner.

Great Car!!
By Geno Z

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a very sharp car that has a awesome ride and offers a very sporty ride! It has all the power you will need and gets very good gas mileage. Great on long trips and handles very well. Third Toyota I have bought and will continue to buy. Very dependable car.

Favorite Features

Love this car!!

Suggested Improvements

Tires is the only thing I would change out. The stock Toyo's don't last very long.