2009 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
I love my Camry!!
By lovecamry on 07/17/08 11:48 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my 2009 V6 Camry XLE since March and I fall more in love each day! It is so gorgeous on the inside and out, I hardly hear road noise, it has great "get-up-and-go", I love the sports shift option when I really need to move quick out of traffic! I also love the way the front dash and gauge area is designed, it's very aesthetically pleasing! It is truly a luxury car. I almost went for the SE, but chose the XLE for the leather interior, sleeker design, and the color options I wanted. There is just no beating this Camry! The only bummer is the rising gas prices, $50 only fills my tank to 3/4 full for about 1-2 weeks! But it's worth it! It is an absolute pleasure to drive!

Very Disappointed, Uncomfortable Seats
By AngelaE on 07/15/08 18:25 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my third Camry, after owning 2000 and 2002 models. I did not like the LE's interior from the beginning; it seemed cheaply made and had sharp angles. We wound up buying an SE because my husband preferred the sporty look and insisted we couldn't go wrong based on our experience with our previous Camrys. The following day I realized that this car has the most uncomfortable seats I have ever sat in. Every time I drive it I wind up with a headache or sore neck. The headrest cannot be adjusted backwards or forward and pushes my head forward. I took it to the dealer to see if there was any solution, but they were unable to help. I am ready to dump this thing and I have only had since May!

Same Old Camry-- It's Still Excellent
By M Taylor on 07/12/08 20:34 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my fourth Toyota and second Camry; nothing has changed except for more power, refinement, and overall quality. Dollar for dollar it's very difficult to find anything better in its class. My vehicle has exceptional acceleration, braking, fit and finish, and more than ample room. I am 6'2" and a solid 250 lbs. and it is very comfortable. By the way, I test drove the 2008 Honda Accord extensively prior to my Camry purchase. The Honda was very, very nice--but for me the Camry was simply more refined.

Great car!!
By Faith on 07/09/08 11:19 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have to say that this is a great car!! I have always had a 2 door sports car but wanted a 4 door this time. The Camry SE still gives me that sports car feel with the 4 door I wanted. This car is roomy, very comfortable, rides like a dream and handles turns and curves very well. I would definitely recommend this car.

My 3rd Camry
By James on 06/28/08 05:44 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

As of today, I've had my Barcelona Red Metallic SE for one week, and I LOVE it! The ride is superb, and the looks turn heads --- not only because of the outside styling, but also the interior. The OptiTron gauges are beautiful, and really add to the aesthetics. Though only an i4, the car handles impressively --- LOVE the round-abouts! ;) I previously had a '94 Camry Coupe, and traded in my '04 LE for the '09. I have noticed the fit/finish is not quite as crisp/clean as in my prior Camrys, but IMO still very good. In fact, my '09 fit/finish appears to be improved over the '07/'08 models. Great car, beautiful looks, nice handling, quiet ride, and overall a great car!

An excellent vehicle
By Terrie on 06/24/08 13:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Camry SE is probably overpriced in the Camry style, however, it does provide almost all features advertised. I find the comfort and interior design to be very good. Fuel savings are important and this 4cyl does the job.

This is a great car
By Walt on 06/23/08 16:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just got back from a cross country trip and I am extremely happy with my new Camry. The ride is exactly what I want from a car. I checked out the Accord and the Altima and the Camry is so much quieter than those it is unbelievable. The only extra I got on mine is the JBL audio system which lets me make hands free calls. This should be something standard on all cars. Also, the sound of the stereo is by far better than anything I've ever had in a car. Love the smooth quiet ride. I highly recommend this car

Love my Camry XLE
By EBoyer on 06/22/08 12:18 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Toyota and I purchased it because of the high gas prices. I traded in my Nissan Pathfinder for something more economical. When I test drove the Camry, I knew this was the vehicle for me. It as a professional look and the feel and how it handles the road is exceptional. I had reservations about owning a car after my SUV, but I was wrong. Thanks Toyota, I love the experience.

Outstanding vehicle
By Art on 06/21/08 10:56 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This will go down as one of the best vehicles that I have ever purchased. Replacing my Yukon to gain better economy, this vehicle has exceeded my expectations. Fuel economy is excellent giving me with the V6 32 MPG with the very first tank of gas with the cruise set right below 70. Appears to be very solid and comfortable and the fit and finish is excellent.

Great Value
By tominator on 06/16/08 18:18 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased the car 2 weeks ago and put 865 miles on it already. Wife drives 70 miles a day round-trip. She loves the ride, comfort and filling up the tank for $60 versus $90 for our 2004 mini van that we traded in. Problem going down hills, the RPM shoot up to 3000 while braking. I took back to dealership & asked them to reprogram the computer. They refused because the problem wouldn't duplicate itself while tech drove it. I talked to the head mechanic the next day and he told me it definitely needs reprogramming. Now I have another appt. to get the problem fixed.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Camry Sedan in VA is:

$111 per month*