2009 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Reliable and Safe
By Silvercam on 08/04/08 08:52 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just purchased my new Camry about 3wks ago. Seems to be a very nice, comfortable, and a well built car all around. I traded from a midsize suv to this, and so far the slightly smaller space has not been a problem. The 4 cyl seems to have a lot of power, 158 hp is what it says, and that's pretty decent considering my suv was a V6 and only had 165 hp. This is my first Toyota, and I hope it lasts as long as they say they do. Go check one out if your considering a new car, it's very nice, and it's no wonder you see so many on the road!

Our new Camry
By satisfied on 08/03/08 11:40 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We are long term owners when we purchase a vehicle. After 4 1/2 months, 3500 miles - we are not at all dissatisfied with our decision to purchase another Toyota. Very dependable, good looking and economical. Glad we went with the 4 cyl. I like the car.

Little Annoyances
By Little Annoyances on 08/02/08 19:50 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just took delivery. Great looking car and wonderful performance. I'm told they are not available but it was an official's car and it came with the 18" inch alloy wheels [great looking] but the High Performance tires really transmit the slightest road irregularities. My fault for accepting them. I'm used to a trip computer which is not available on this car. The nav system is more complex than my needs, yet there is no "simple" driving compass which my wife and have come to rely on. The mirrors don't fold away, and there is no memory option for the driver's seat positions. Small issues to be sure, but I've had them on previous cars and I'll be sure they are on my next car.

So smooth
By scarexpert on 08/02/08 06:38 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Had for 2 weeks. So smooth. Excellent MPG: 31. My is black with gray inside. No problems to report

Great mix of style and reliabilty
By wnyken on 07/28/08 13:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This will be my 5th Toyota in the family since my 1989 Camry. I chose the SE model for the sportier look and crisper handling. I also like the black leather and black and chrome trim. The only thing I could wish for would be either/both bluetooth connectivity and/or satellite radio capability on the base radio. Other than that, it looks good, rides wonderfully, has lots of space for people and/or luggage and gives me good gas mileage while doing it all.

2009 Camry LE V6
By James on 07/27/08 22:25 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have Toyota and BMW cars. For the price, this Camry is a better buy. It does everything well as BMW except handling. This is the 1st Toyota that I've felt fast. Over all, it's an excellent vehicle at a good price.

Good Car
By LKB207 on 07/27/08 10:03 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I didn't really purchase the car but my family rented it. Rides very nice and is very comfortable. Best Toyota I have ever ridden in. The motor is very quiet and the car is very nice. Keep it up Toyota!

Tight Handling + Quiet
By AIRFORCEDINSTAAR on 07/26/08 16:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am hoping the 09 has all the transmission bugs of the previous two years worked out! I would have to say that this car is a excellent vehicle for family it has five star crash testings all the way around except rollover which is a 4! My first Toyota almost 1000 miles and glitch free!! Great ride.

New owner of 'import'
By Zotos on 07/25/08 07:45 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had the car a week and enjoy the ride very much. I traded up from a '99 Saturn SL1 that had 211,000 miles on it. The Camry is very comfortable and a great ride. I was a little disappointed in spending $60 for a fill-up after spending barely $30 before. But that's the price of a larger tank. Interior is straight forward, nothing fancy. Buttons logically placed.

Camry LE V6
By James on 07/18/08 01:20 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have Toyota and BMW cars. For the price, this Camry is a better buy than BMW. It does everything well as BMW except handling. Among my Toyotas, this is the 1st one that I've felt fast.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Camry in VA is:

$111 per month*