Used 2009 Toyota Camry XLE V6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Best Car
By Lance

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Toyota I have owned. Since the first time I drove it I was sold. It is so fun to drive, and the power is awsome, the interior is also A++. I will Buy Toyota from now on.

Power, and the overall look inside and outside.

Nice car but miss my 4Runner
By Toyota Lover

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The XLE is a nice car with plenty of power, as long as you don't mind waiting for it. The delay between the time you hit the gas and the time the vehicle actually responds is almost scary it takes so long. I actually have time to think to myself, "I hope the car goes before I get hit" and then it lunges forward, typically faster than you intended so you have to act quickly so you don't hit someone in front of you. I think I really miss the 2006 4Runner I traded for this Camry and the Camry isn't holding its value as well as the 4Runner did. I'm disappointed and I guess I'll just have to wait unit I can afford to trade back to a 4Runner.

The Smart Key keyless entry system with remote start is absolutely awesome. I plan to have this neat feature in every vehicle I own from this point forward if at all possible.

While I like the 6-speed sequential shift transmission, I think this may be the problem with the acceleration delay, plus the jerking forward when it reacts. It just takes too long between hitting the gas and the vehicle reacting. It's almost a safety hazard it's so slow and jerky.

Switched from Accord
By bill McDougal

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The reviews on Edmunds are accurate. Excellent performance. Poor visibility to the rear. Horrible seats. Sincerely wish Accord had not gone to Variable Cylinder Management. That's the only reason I went to Camry. A big mistake.

Get some decent seats!!

Loving It!
By KarenLS1956

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Lease was up on my 2005 Highlander V6 Limited which I enjoyed. Did a lot of homework on smaller SUVs since we are empty nesters now and always said I'd never go back to a car. Test drove many SUVs then I test drove the Camry for the heck of it and I was sold. Fits me like a glove. Can't believe the smoothness and quiet cabin which is my #1 priority. Had 2 Honda Accords years ago and thought they were the best cars I ever owned but I was wrong, this Camry surpasses any vehicle I've had. Didn't take any adjusting from driving an SUV to a car which I thought I'd feel. Gas mileage is excellent compared to the Highlander. City 24.6. Highway not sure yet. Loving every aspect of this car!

Smoothness, quiet cabin, smart-key (wish my office had smart key then I would never have to use any keys), acceleration, bluetooth, MP3, JBL stereo, NAV, instrument layout, huge trunk, universal remote.

Only 1 thing...memory seats would be nice.

Worth the money
By Terptracker

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Excellent compromise of quality, design, performance and fuel economy ... goes when you need it too, comfortable on trips. Excellent acceleration for a family sedan and gets upper twenties in combined driving, over 30 on long trips. Controls are mostly large and easy to read while driving. Could use memory seats, but it's a minor complaint. Steering has minimal road feel, but it still grips the road fine. Brakes are responsive and have a secure feel. On occasion, would like a fold-down rear seat.

Powerful V6, six speed transmission, excellent stereo, cup holders are conveniently located, nice rear window sunscreen.

Memory seat option, fold-down rear seat, lower profile wheels and tires, more responsive suspension.