Used 2009 Toyota Camry SE V6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Camry SE is the best!
By Lia

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I fell in love with this car the second I test drove it. I traded in a 2001 Toyota Highlander because I wanted to get back into a sedan. It's so fun to drive - the pickup is wonderful - and it is so comfortable even on long drives. The bluetooth is nice and I don't have a problem hearing the people on the other end but have had people tell me that sometimes they have trouble hearing me. Overall I am ecstatic about my purchase. No problems thus far. It was part of the recall but the dealership put in all of the new parts overnight which was convenient for me.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, speed, looks

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth feature, there is no iPod USB hookup (I'm not a big fan of the AUX jack but it does work and sounds good with a good cable)

Front End Shimmy
By nursenicholas

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have had the car for over a year now and have been having a front end shimmy at highway speeds. This started at 9000 miles. The tires have been balanced over 3 times and now Toyota corporate is coming out to investigate vehicle. The dealer is telling me I may need new tires at 18,000 miles. New tires will cost over 1000 dollars. Loved the car at first but now am not sure. JBL audio system is poor and muffled in my opinion. Have a tear in the leather in the passengers seat and Toyota denied the warranty claim to repair it. This car has been in the shop so many times I cannot even count on both hands. I would urge any new car shopper to drive and consider all options before you purchase.

Favorite Features

Very quiet interior.

Suggested Improvements

Better audio system, better interior refinement.

Love my Camry!
By L.A. Wilson

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

As many have, I too have read poor reviews that others might give regarding the Camry. Not my experience! But neither will I give this car all "10's" like some. That's just silly. Suffice it to say, I'm EXTREMELY satisfied. The engine is powerful & the 6 sp. tranny, silky smooth. I love the interior & Magnetic Gray exterior (on my SE, that is). Nav. is outstanding and feature filled (w/ bluetooth). JBL Stereo cranks while playing home burned 10 album, MP3 disks. The stock tires were shredded in only 13K, but that's Toyota typical. Quiet interior. Great controls, logically laid out. Comfortable seats (for my 6'2" 280lb. frame). Currently own two other Toyo

Favorite Features

That engine! Moves the lightweight (yet very low NVH levels; that's engineering!) body & chassis effortlessly. Takes regular gas, & I've been getting 25 mpg average. The Nav./ JBL audio is sublime. Finding & then phoning points of interest using the bluetooth connection is marvelous!

Suggested Improvements

Rear wheel drive, please! The gaps in some dash connections, & trunk, etc. weren't perfect, but I'm measuring to the 16th. Not a design flaw, but we know who has been putting them together for the North American market. More post-manufacture QC would go a long way towards repudiation.

Great Car!!
By Geno Z

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a very sharp car that has a awesome ride and offers a very sporty ride! It has all the power you will need and gets very good gas mileage. Great on long trips and handles very well. Third Toyota I have bought and will continue to buy. Very dependable car.

Favorite Features

Love this car!!

Suggested Improvements

Tires is the only thing I would change out. The stock Toyo's don't last very long.

I think a lot of you missed the boat...
By noobosaurusrex

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

270HP, 0-60 in 5.8secs?? What's not to love? I've beat Mustang GTs (that's right, the 300HP V8s) in this thing. I went for the fully loaded Camry SE, only thing I didn't get was a sunroof bc it takes away ur overall headspace. Seats are comfortable, its got sporty firm perforated leather, not soft wrinkly XLE leather. I see alot of people complaining about this car, but in all honesty, if you take care of it, things tend to stay new. I upgraded my interior to an ash colored wood grain. So it looks good with the black leather and silver accents. Its a V6..I bought it for style not for fuel economy...then again my other car is a 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 (11mpg) :O

Favorite Features

Its your classic Sleeper...4-door sedan w/ a lot of pep. Floor this bad boy and you will burn some rubber. Easy steering, don't get a lot of understeer. Smooth ride, little road noise. Blue-tooth phone access is nice, iPod interface works great! Lots of room, even in the back. ^^

Suggested Improvements

Would've been nice with some wider tire tread. 215 is nice, but 235 would've seemed a little more sporty. Should have more tech-friendly features such as dash information interfacing, maybe offer an upgrade for those interested in Real Time performance specs.