2009 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Fully Satisfied Camry owner
By stevenzhuli on 11/16/12 16:55 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought a used 2009 camry V6 LE with 98K mileage, measured 2 days trip, average gas at 7.3L /100km, about 32MPG, Mostly country road driving. I am very happy with the purchase. Good acceleration, excellent commut car. Very quiet. I am hesitating to buy a V6 since the gas price. But the camry really surprise me. So far did not see anything wrong with it.

Fast grocery getter
By mdfuzz on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Fast V6 with passing power needed for those long drives. I've put 41K miles on mine in under 2 years and, (aside from some fit and finish hiccups), I have little to complain about. The rear passenger side window track mechanism fell apart and the lower front grill fell off early on, but both were fixed under warranty. The recalls were also an inconvenience. Strayed from the Honda when I bought her because I didn't like the new Honda Accord body style.

Smooth & Powerful-Wish I bought an SE
By Paul3637 on 10/03/09 08:07 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

At 36 mpg real world highway mpg, this rivals or exceeds the underpowered 2.4L I4 or the hybrid. At 12,500 miles and 18 months I brought my car to the dealer for its third oil change yesterday - have had zero defects, zero repairs. zero oil consumption... but dealer confirmed that like all pre April 2008 build 3.5L V6 Toyotas it has a rubber vvti oil line that can rupture resulting in engine failure. No TSB or recall yet - dealer acknowledged problem but wants $250 to fix with new metal line. Bidgestone 16" tires were about over half worn at 8K miles so replaced the el cheapo tires & hubcaps with 215/55/17 SE style alloys & Michelins which improved handling. Seats are very comfortable. In retrospect, I would pay the extra $1200 for the SE package for nicer interior and 17" alloy wheels.

Tires are of poor quality
By Lynn on 08/01/09 13:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our Camry's tires needed replacing at 20,000 miles. So disappointed. Hard to see while backing up.

Unexpected Warranty Issues Disappoint
By Stephanie on 06/23/09 13:14 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Owned ~6 months (6300 miles) and initially loved the car, despite some visibility issues. Love the ride and responsiveness of the 6 cyl; but seats are uncomfortable on long trips. Sadly, car is in shop today for several concerns. Heard water sloshing under floor; amazed to discover puddles on floorboards! AC evaporator is under dash, inside car; hose got blocked and condensate dumped into car instead of outside after driving 300 miles w/AC on. Fuel and outside temp gauges not working properly. Dashboard makes annoying popping/cracking noises. Selected Camry based on reputation for quality and reliability, so needless to say, we are disappointed with our ownership experience thus far.

Just what I expected
By dave on 03/30/09 21:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The V-6 has plenty of punch and is fun to drive. It handled quite well going up mountains and negotiating winding country roads. I use to own a Lexus ES 330 and this Camry reminds me so much of that Lexus.

'09 LE 3.5V6
By Joe P. on 11/05/08 05:38 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Camry in Sept. This is my 1st foreign vehicle. What a surprise. This vehicle is the best. I'm averaging 28 MPG in mixed city and hwy driving. It is a pleasure to drive. The power is great, it handles very nicely, has much interior room and the aesthetics are great. My wife has an '00 4 runner with nearly 300,000 miles on it. I can only hope that I have this car for that many miles. I really like this vehicle!

Consumer
By steve on 09/17/08 00:01 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Comfortable car, good to drive powerful 3.5L with V6 engine. compare to Nissan Maxima and Altima v6 engine and Honda Accord. I'd rather buy Toyota Camry a little cheaper price and the model look good too

2009 Camry LE V6
By James on 07/27/08 22:25 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have Toyota and BMW cars. For the price, this Camry is a better buy. It does everything well as BMW except handling. This is the 1st Toyota that I've felt fast. Over all, it's an excellent vehicle at a good price.

Good Car
By LKB207 on 07/27/08 10:03 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I didn't really purchase the car but my family rented it. Rides very nice and is very comfortable. Best Toyota I have ever ridden in. The motor is very quiet and the car is very nice. Keep it up Toyota!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Camry Sedan in VA is:

$114 per month*