2009 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Refined motoring
By phillipg2 on 08/01/12 11:18 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is the third Camry I have owned, a 93 LE, 141,000; 02 XLE ,149,000 and now a 09 XLE. This is by far the smoothest riding and comfortable edition of these word class sedans. I see no drop off of the fit and finish, I get great gas mileage (4 cyc) and the engine is so quiet. A Lexsus without the additional $10,0000 cost and reg gas, to boot!

Not what I expected
By Toyota inTexas on 05/30/10 19:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my car for 16 months. I wish I had bought the 6 cyl. It could use more power especially with my other family members in the car. The front seats are not comfortable. The poor placement of the accelerator and brake are an issue. I've had my foot slip off the accelerator and get caught behind the brake pedal. I had always heard good things about Camrys. But I now wish I would have bought an Acura. The recalls and decline in quality just remind me that I should have bought another brand.

xle 4 cyl. sedan
By ralph on 04/13/09 17:40 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am disappointed at the mileage - about 14-16 city 20-22 highway. Also very noisy engine - sounds like it's always struggling, it needs more power. Also anything that makes it look sharper outside is an accessery (bodyside molding, body stripe, mud guards ). That's why they cost so much. Never again. Poor choice.

Poor mileage
By SI,NY on 03/09/09 12:46 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have been very disappointed with the mileage. After 3000 miles it still averages 14 -17 MPG city & 24-26 highway. It has a comfortable ride& good pick up for a 4 cylinder. The stereo has good sound but the IPOD jack is in a difficult to reach location. The climate control in not near as good as the Buick Park Ave I previously owned. I can't believe it didn't come with automatic windshield washers. Don't waste your time with the GPS for $200 buy a Garmin- much easier to use.

A solid choice
By NYC on 12/19/08 13:47 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I leased a 2000 Camry and I find that the 2009 Camry I purchased about 6 weeks ago is a better driving experience for me. The handling is tighter and the car maneuvers easier. If you are looking for a family car that gives you plenty of room and a quiet ride. The Camry is a great choice. The XLE adds the extras like the JBL radio which is standard to the stereo I had in my "07 Lexus IS250! Bluetooth and Homelink are very useful and the heat and radio controls and the steering wheel are convenient.

Outside temp
By Bob on 11/13/08 08:33 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We have had Camrys for many years and have found them to enjoyable and reliable. Traded our '05 XLE 4 banger for an '09 XLE 4 banger. Thought our '05 drove and rode better, but could be wrong. We enjoy our '09, but have found one minor glitch. The outside temp does not show all temps. For example, have never seen 62, 65, 69, and a bunch others. when these numbers are written down a pattern shows up. A tech. from Chicago has compared our '09 with another '09 and found them both to have the same "design" trouble, although he did not nor would not admit this was a problem. He did agree to send info on to be looked at by higher authorities.

The most fun I've had driving
By Dee on 09/17/08 17:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded up from a 2005 Corolla the best choice I have every made, don’t get me wrong it was a great car but compared to my Camry it was just a baby. My Camry runs just as smooth as my mom’s Infiniti G35. The wheel mounted controls, blue tooth and speed/noise sensitive volume control, without a doubt make it the best full size sedan out there for the money. I know because I tried almost all of them the Madza6, Malibu, Altima, Sonata, Accord even a Hyundai Genesis and they all fail in comparison. Trust me.

Money well spent.
By Tom on 09/08/08 17:41 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Okay, I test drove pretty much all the midsize family sedans and in terms of price, value, comfort, looks, and fuel economy the Toyota Camry won. The 4 cylinder is plenty of power so don't waste money for that and the xle trim is worth the extra money. Very comfortable interior and decent handling so don't expect a sports car ride. I like driving this car. Lots of room front and rear with a decent sized trunk. Lots of airbags and VSC for safety. It even has a knee airbag for the driver. Controls are simple enough but I wasn't sold on the navigation. So I didn't get it. Too many things to look at when driving. Overall, I give it an A.

Great MPG
By dakotaduffy on 09/04/08 08:49 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This makes my 39th vehicle. My wife says that I have a problem! I just purchased this car in hopes to have a dependable, good MPG ride. Guess what, that is exactly what I have. Of course dependability is yet to be seen but from what everyone says I should not have to worry. Now, for the MPG. The sticker said I should get 31 on the highway. I travel rural roads (2 lane) to work 48 miles each way and so far I have been getting 33-37 MPG (wow). I fill it up until it is just to the neck so I know exactly how much is in there. The computer seems to be about 1 mpg off (on the high side) but actual numbers are still outstanding. I am 6'3" and have plenty of room. So far, LOVE IT.

First Impressions
By John on 08/30/08 06:39 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2002 Camry XLE with 162,000 miles on it. What a great car that was! Of course with such a great experience I had to consider the new Camry. It is much sleeker in design although it is still Rather bland. It is very quiet and smooth which is important to me as I do a lot of hwy driving. The seats are comfortable but not quite up to my 2002. Toyota did cut some corners with interior quality but overall it is still excellent. It is also a little smaller inside than my 2002 although they claim it is larger? I also am not a huge fan of the deep dash board and the fact that you sit a bit higher then the previous model. The stereo is good but not as crisp in sound as it could be.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Camry Sedan in VA is:

$131 per month*