Used 2009 Toyota Camry XLE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Refined motoring
By phillipg2

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is the third Camry I have owned, a 93 LE, 141,000; 02 XLE ,149,000 and now a 09 XLE. This is by far the smoothest riding and comfortable edition of these word class sedans. I see no drop off of the fit and finish, I get great gas mileage (4 cyc) and the engine is so quiet. A Lexsus without the additional $10,0000 cost and reg gas, to boot!

Wood grain, moon roof, leather

Not what I expected
By Toyota inTexas

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my car for 16 months. I wish I had bought the 6 cyl. It could use more power especially with my other family members in the car. The front seats are not comfortable. The poor placement of the accelerator and brake are an issue. I've had my foot slip off the accelerator and get caught behind the brake pedal. I had always heard good things about Camrys. But I now wish I would have bought an Acura. The recalls and decline in quality just remind me that I should have bought another brand.

Gas mileage, Body style, XM radio.

More comfortable seats. More HP for the 4 cyl. Re-design the accelerator/brake pedal location.

xle 4 cyl. sedan
By ralph

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am disappointed at the mileage - about 14-16 city 20-22 highway. Also very noisy engine - sounds like it's always struggling, it needs more power. Also anything that makes it look sharper outside is an accessery (bodyside molding, body stripe, mud guards ). That's why they cost so much. Never again. Poor choice.

none

Very under powered, has no oomph. Needs more horse power. All four roof pillars very wide - all hard to see at corners.

Poor mileage
By SI,NY

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have been very disappointed with the mileage. After 3000 miles it still averages 14 -17 MPG city & 24-26 highway. It has a comfortable ride& good pick up for a 4 cylinder. The stereo has good sound but the IPOD jack is in a difficult to reach location. The climate control in not near as good as the Buick Park Ave I previously owned. I can't believe it didn't come with automatic windshield washers. Don't waste your time with the GPS for $200 buy a Garmin- much easier to use.

comfortable ride

milage, IPOD jack location, GPS too complicated, loading CD'S without opening GPS, heated seat should have high & low not just one setting, auto wipers

A solid choice
By NYC

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I leased a 2000 Camry and I find that the 2009 Camry I purchased about 6 weeks ago is a better driving experience for me. The handling is tighter and the car maneuvers easier. If you are looking for a family car that gives you plenty of room and a quiet ride. The Camry is a great choice. The XLE adds the extras like the JBL radio which is standard to the stereo I had in my "07 Lexus IS250! Bluetooth and Homelink are very useful and the heat and radio controls and the steering wheel are convenient.

JBL audio system, Bluetooth, Homelink and steering wheel controls

Improve quality of interior, add memory seating for driver, make keyless start available for 4 cylinder models.