Used 2009 Toyota Camry XLE Sedan Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

The Good Bad and Ugly
By Judy Limburg

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We bought our 2009 Toyota Camry XLE in the winter of 2012 with 30,000 miles on it. We now have 77,500 miles on it. We are a bit disappointed at the amount of work we've had to do on it . . . we had to have the fuel pump replaced. The struts were next. New tires and, if memory serves me, a new battery as well. And now the ABS module is on the fritz. Fortunately, the first two repairs were under warranty. But, of course, as soon as our warranty runs out, we have the MAJOR expense of the ABS module to deal with. It's at the dealership now being diagnosed. We are anticipating a repair cost of $2000 or so. Not fun. The good - the car is comfortable, reliable (mostly) and gets good gas mileage. The bad - the repairs we've had to do. When you buy a car at a reputable dealership, you don't anticipate having such major repairs to make. The ugly - the $2,000 we will most likely be stuck with when we get the call from the dealership later today.

Refined motoring
By phillipg2

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is the third Camry I have owned, a 93 LE, 141,000; 02 XLE ,149,000 and now a 09 XLE.
This is by far the smoothest riding and comfortable edition of these word class sedans. I see no drop off of the fit and finish, I get great gas mileage (4 cyc) and the engine is so quiet.
A Lexsus without the additional $10,0000 cost and reg gas, to boot!

Wood grain, moon roof, leather

Not what I expected
By Toyota inTexas

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my car for 16 months. I wish I had bought the 6 cyl. It could use more power especially with my other family members in the car. The front seats are not comfortable. The poor placement of the accelerator and brake are an issue. I've had my foot slip off the accelerator and get caught behind the brake pedal. I had always heard good things about Camrys. But I now wish I would have bought an Acura. The recalls and decline in quality just remind me that I should have bought another brand.

Gas mileage, Body style, XM radio.

More comfortable seats. More HP for the 4 cyl. Re-design the accelerator/brake pedal location.

xle 4 cyl. sedan
By ralph

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am disappointed at the mileage - about 14-16 city 20-22 highway. Also very noisy engine - sounds like it's always struggling, it needs more power. Also anything that makes it look sharper outside is an accessery (bodyside molding, body stripe, mud guards ). That's why they cost so much. Never again. Poor choice.

none

Very under powered, has no oomph. Needs more horse power. All four roof pillars very wide - all hard to see at corners.

Poor mileage
By SI,NY

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have been very disappointed with the mileage. After 3000 miles it still averages 14 -17 MPG city & 24-26 highway. It has a comfortable ride& good pick up for a 4 cylinder. The stereo has good sound but the IPOD jack is in a difficult to reach location. The climate control in not near as good as the Buick Park Ave I previously owned. I can't believe it didn't come with automatic windshield washers. Don't waste your time with the GPS for $200 buy a Garmin- much easier to use.

comfortable ride

milage, IPOD jack location, GPS too complicated, loading CD'S without opening GPS, heated seat should have high & low not just one setting, auto wipers