Used 2009 Toyota Camry Base Sedan Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Oil Consumption Problems are in my 2009 Toyota Cam
By walterfisher

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Oil consumption problem is in my 2009 toyota camry.

having issues
By Chris badertscher

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought a 2009 toyota camry LE with 76000 miles. After owning it for only a couple weeks I've had it stall out on me as I slowed down for a stop light. Also the other day as I was driving the brake light randomly showed up. Anybody else having issues with their camry of around the same year stalling out?

The BEST and most RELIABLE car
By Lisa C.

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2009 Camry brand new and have never had an issue with it. I have over 175,000 miles driven so far. There were 2 very minor recalls on it. I had them both checked and fixed by the dealer at no charge. It was a floor mat and power door switch. Besides my car still looking practically brand new on the inside and outside, it still runs like new and is the most affordable car I have ever had to maintain. It drives nice and smooth. I will say that the seats are comfortable enough. I wish they had more lumbar support. Overall, this is the best vehicle I have ever owned. I have owned 3 other cars and a few trucks. Different makes and models. I will only be buying Toyota from now on.

Absolute Work of Art
By Ken

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've got the model with the BBS wheels and the concave body kit. I love this car and everything about it. Traded my 2006 VW Passat in on it and couldn't be happier. There aren't many cars on the road that look better than this one. 4 cylinder engine runs like a champ. Plenty of power (especially for the wife).

First, the BBS wheels and the body kit make it look like a sprint cup car. Other faves would be, the manual/auto shifter. The seats go all the way back so it dosen't matter if you're 5 foot tall or 7 foot tall you will have room. Last but not least of all my faves is the safety rating... peace of mind.

Change the 2010 model nose back to the 2007-2009 nose. Other than that... heck, you can't fix something that is already perfect.

Paint peeling off front bumper
By Jill

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Went to dealership. Said rock chip caused peeling, won't cover repair. I have had Toyotas before, under the same driving conditions for 4 yrs without this problem. Also, 1st gear is geared too high, have to rev engine or slip clutch to take off. Also, console storage and cup holders are not as usable as my 04 Corolla. Gear shifter hits cup in cupholder when shifting into 2nd, 4th or reverse.

Exterior body style and 5 speed prevents excessive shifting when using cruise.

Improve paint quality and durability, adjust console spacing for 5 speed, and have adjustable cup holders.