2009 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Absolute Work of Art
By Ken on 11/14/09 13:26 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've got the model with the BBS wheels and the concave body kit. I love this car and everything about it. Traded my 2006 VW Passat in on it and couldn't be happier. There aren't many cars on the road that look better than this one. 4 cylinder engine runs like a champ. Plenty of power (especially for the wife).

Paint peeling off front bumper
By Jill on 08/17/09 10:10 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Went to dealership. Said rock chip caused peeling, won't cover repair. I have had Toyotas before, under the same driving conditions for 4 yrs without this problem. Also, 1st gear is geared too high, have to rev engine or slip clutch to take off. Also, console storage and cup holders are not as usable as my 04 Corolla. Gear shifter hits cup in cupholder when shifting into 2nd, 4th or reverse.

No Fun.
By fbanksw on 08/30/08 14:06 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I loved my 93 Camry, but sold it and bought a Nissan Altima - huge mistake. Nothing but woes, but when my son started college instead of trading it (and losing money). I gave it to him and happily went out to get myself the 2009 Camry. It's been a big disappointment. The transmission seems to constantly self adjust on even the slightest of hills and it's so annoying, how it seems to struggle to accelerate. It's totally a drag, especially when the AC is on and this has taken all the fun out of driving my new car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Camry Sedan in VA is:

$111 per month*