2009 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Camry SE is the best!
By Lia on 06/16/10 20:02 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I fell in love with this car the second I test drove it. I traded in a 2001 Toyota Highlander because I wanted to get back into a sedan. It's so fun to drive - the pickup is wonderful - and it is so comfortable even on long drives. The bluetooth is nice and I don't have a problem hearing the people on the other end but have had people tell me that sometimes they have trouble hearing me. Overall I am ecstatic about my purchase. No problems thus far. It was part of the recall but the dealership put in all of the new parts overnight which was convenient for me.

Front End Shimmy
By nursenicholas on 04/11/10 22:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have had the car for over a year now and have been having a front end shimmy at highway speeds. This started at 9000 miles. The tires have been balanced over 3 times and now Toyota corporate is coming out to investigate vehicle. The dealer is telling me I may need new tires at 18,000 miles. New tires will cost over 1000 dollars. Loved the car at first but now am not sure. JBL audio system is poor and muffled in my opinion. Have a tear in the leather in the passengers seat and Toyota denied the warranty claim to repair it. This car has been in the shop so many times I cannot even count on both hands. I would urge any new car shopper to drive and consider all options before you purchase.

Love my Camry!
By L.A. Wilson on 03/17/10 20:53 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

As many have, I too have read poor reviews that others might give regarding the Camry. Not my experience! But neither will I give this car all "10's" like some. That's just silly. Suffice it to say, I'm EXTREMELY satisfied. The engine is powerful & the 6 sp. tranny, silky smooth. I love the interior & Magnetic Gray exterior (on my SE, that is). Nav. is outstanding and feature filled (w/ bluetooth). JBL Stereo cranks while playing home burned 10 album, MP3 disks. The stock tires were shredded in only 13K, but that's Toyota typical. Quiet interior. Great controls, logically laid out. Comfortable seats (for my 6'2" 280lb. frame). Currently own two other Toyo

Great Car!!
By Geno Z on 01/10/10 23:25 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a very sharp car that has a awesome ride and offers a very sporty ride! It has all the power you will need and gets very good gas mileage. Great on long trips and handles very well. Third Toyota I have bought and will continue to buy. Very dependable car.

I think a lot of you missed the boat...
By noobosaurusrex on 11/20/09 19:24 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

270HP, 0-60 in 5.8secs?? What's not to love? I've beat Mustang GTs (that's right, the 300HP V8s) in this thing. I went for the fully loaded Camry SE, only thing I didn't get was a sunroof bc it takes away ur overall headspace. Seats are comfortable, its got sporty firm perforated leather, not soft wrinkly XLE leather. I see alot of people complaining about this car, but in all honesty, if you take care of it, things tend to stay new. I upgraded my interior to an ash colored wood grain. So it looks good with the black leather and silver accents. Its a V6..I bought it for style not for fuel economy...then again my other car is a 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 (11mpg) :O

Wish I kept my Acura
By Harry L on 11/05/09 11:35 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I previously owned an Acura TL, but was disappointed in the new body style. I bought the Camry strictly because I loved the looks better than the new Acura TL. Well what a mistake that was. Even though this car has excellent acceleration, the cheap plastic parts inside are terrible quality causing squeaks and rattles everywhere.

Our second SE V6
By Oly on 05/18/09 10:18 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We found a lot of value in our '04 SE V6 so when we shopped a new car we looked for the same platform in a 2009. So far we are very pleased with the upgrades and the same solid performance and value we expected from the SE V6. It sits lower despite the bigger wheels and has a quieter and more "planted" ride than the older model. The brakes are excellent and the engine power is enhanced by the upgraded 6 speed transmission.

I dig my new SE V6
By burre on 05/11/09 18:37 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Took delivery last week of my black on black SE V6 with 400 JBL sound system. This car seems like the perfect driving machine. I dumped my 2008 Cooper S Turbo for this, as it was too small and not good for family or road trips. The SE is faster, much bigger and far more comfortable to drive for long distances. It is the perfect balance of sport and sedan. I can't imagine someone needing a better car than this. My family likes it way better too!

A Pleasure to Drive
By Todd on 04/15/09 13:04 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just got the new Camry and so far I am very happy with the purchase. It is a sweet looking ride and handles very well. Great stereo system.

I Love My Camry SE V6
By IndyMacAddict on 01/17/09 17:57 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've always wanted a tough looking car with the muscle to back it up. But, my family demands more functionality than a small two door hot rod. The Camry offers everything I was looking for. Power, looks, comfort, room, and fuel economy to boot. The Camry has it all. It drives like it's on rails thanks to the sport suspension. This is not the boring Camry of old. This car can move! Acceleration is outstanding. I have had the pleasure of proving this to unsuspecting Accord V6, Malibu LTZ, and Altima owners with a good stoplight whoopin'. At the same time, we enjoy state to state road trips due to the quit, comfortable ride. The Camry SE V6 does it all.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Camry Sedan in VA is:

$131 per month*