2009 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Best Car
By Lance on 06/16/09 11:14 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Toyota I have owned. Since the first time I drove it I was sold. It is so fun to drive, and the power is awsome, the interior is also A++. I will Buy Toyota from now on.

Nice car but miss my 4Runner
By Toyota Lover on 06/13/09 16:54 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The XLE is a nice car with plenty of power, as long as you don't mind waiting for it. The delay between the time you hit the gas and the time the vehicle actually responds is almost scary it takes so long. I actually have time to think to myself, "I hope the car goes before I get hit" and then it lunges forward, typically faster than you intended so you have to act quickly so you don't hit someone in front of you. I think I really miss the 2006 4Runner I traded for this Camry and the Camry isn't holding its value as well as the 4Runner did. I'm disappointed and I guess I'll just have to wait unit I can afford to trade back to a 4Runner.

Switched from Accord
By bill McDougal on 05/05/09 16:02 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The reviews on Edmunds are accurate. Excellent performance. Poor visibility to the rear. Horrible seats. Sincerely wish Accord had not gone to Variable Cylinder Management. That's the only reason I went to Camry. A big mistake.

Loving It!
By KarenLS1956 on 04/10/09 07:16 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Lease was up on my 2005 Highlander V6 Limited which I enjoyed. Did a lot of homework on smaller SUVs since we are empty nesters now and always said I'd never go back to a car. Test drove many SUVs then I test drove the Camry for the heck of it and I was sold. Fits me like a glove. Can't believe the smoothness and quiet cabin which is my #1 priority. Had 2 Honda Accords years ago and thought they were the best cars I ever owned but I was wrong, this Camry surpasses any vehicle I've had. Didn't take any adjusting from driving an SUV to a car which I thought I'd feel. Gas mileage is excellent compared to the Highlander. City 24.6. Highway not sure yet. Loving every aspect of this car!

Worth the money
By Terptracker on 04/07/09 15:45 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Excellent compromise of quality, design, performance and fuel economy ... goes when you need it too, comfortable on trips. Excellent acceleration for a family sedan and gets upper twenties in combined driving, over 30 on long trips. Controls are mostly large and easy to read while driving. Could use memory seats, but it's a minor complaint. Steering has minimal road feel, but it still grips the road fine. Brakes are responsive and have a secure feel. On occasion, would like a fold-down rear seat.

Very Happy - So Far !
By John M on 04/07/09 14:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I returned my G35X after the lease expired. For a lot less money I got a very good car. The V6 is quite powerful. The cabin is quiet. The MPG is better than the G 35X. Fit and finish are also very good. The fact that the car was built in the USA is an extra bonus.

The best car I ever had
By CKerian on 01/14/09 01:44 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in a 2007 Tahoe you know the one the saves half the gas by shutting the motor down. I love this car. this is my 6th car in my nine years of driving yes I'm 26 and love the 4 door v-6 power no nav but everything else. Smooth ride and the best gas miles since the '91 CRX (46 mpg) looked at the accord nice but not enough to buy. I can compare this to my old 98' Prelude SH 200hp "built to run" this has way more power for a bigger car. Worth a drive and a buy.

Honda to Toyota
By Dick on 11/17/08 12:22 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2008 Honda Accord for the Toyota. Both are V6, fully loaded, including nav. So far Toyota wins hands down! Although about $1200 more, it is worth it. Quieter on the highway, better fuel economy, better sound system, smoother transmission, bigger trunk, more comfortable seating, equal acceleration. The Honda nav had more bells and whistles, like an altimeter. I tried to save a few dollars on the Honda and discovered it was not worth it.

Love my Cammie the Camry
By Paul on 10/29/08 07:08 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

A lot of people I know own these so I decided to buy one. My lady friend owns a 2008 Camry XLE V6. Hers is black, and mine is silver. What is not to like about this car? I just love it to death! I plan on keeping it for a good long time. Me and my lady friend are both senior citizens. I definitely recommend this car to anyone looking for a midsize family sedan that is great for anyone of any age. They make great first cars, great second cars, and great family cars.

2009 Camry XLE Love it!
By Finnska on 09/20/08 15:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Got the vehicle in April 08. Love it! Love everything about it. Has great ride quality, great sound quality! Took it on a long trip and clocked 34 mpg. Yes, 34 mpg. We've had many different vehicles, but this one gives us the most pleasure in driving it. We leased it, but we'll be keeping it in the end.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Camry in VA is:

$131 per month*