Used 2009 Toyota Camry LE V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

200k, The Most Reliable Car I Have Ever Owned
By pmireland44

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The V-6 is very quick with more HP than most 60's Muscle Cars. I have personally put 200k on the clock from day one and the only repairs so far were wheel bearings and Struts at 150K. It didn't even need brakes until 90K! Still has the original battery. Oil changed every 5K. 25mpg in mixed driving and 31mpg on long trips. Everything still works, the interior has held up well (four kids). The paint has seemed to chip a bit easy but I have been on many 500 mile plus trips through the NW in winter. I have no intention of replacing this car before 300K.

Favorite Features

Reliability and great horsepower/ torque

Suggested Improvements

Less torque steer on acceleration

Fully Satisfied Camry owner
By stevenzhuli

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought a used 2009 camry V6 LE with 98K mileage, measured 2 days trip, average gas at 7.3L /100km, about 32MPG, Mostly country road driving. I am very happy with the purchase. Good acceleration, excellent commut car. Very quiet. I am hesitating to buy a V6 since the gas price. But the camry really surprise me. So far did not see anything wrong with it.

Favorite Features

Quietness

Suggested Improvements

Make the grind clearance bigger like 6.5"

Fast grocery getter
By mdfuzz

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Fast V6 with passing power needed for those long drives. I've put 41K miles on mine in under 2 years and, (aside from some fit and finish hiccups), I have little to complain about. The rear passenger side window track mechanism fell apart and the lower front grill fell off early on, but both were fixed under warranty. The recalls were also an inconvenience. Strayed from the Honda when I bought her because I didn't like the new Honda Accord body style.

Favorite Features

268 HP V6. Roomy for a 6 foot plus driver.

Suggested Improvements

Looks like a Mazda. Finish issues, cheap interior plastic and recalls I had to deal with. Hope Toyota gets it's focus back on track with it's bulletproof quality track record.

Smooth & Powerful-Wish I bought an SE
By Paul3637

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

At 36 mpg real world highway mpg, this rivals or exceeds the underpowered 2.4L I4 or the hybrid. At 12,500 miles and 18 months I brought my car to the dealer for its third oil change yesterday - have had zero defects, zero repairs. zero oil consumption... but dealer confirmed that like all pre April 2008 build 3.5L V6 Toyotas it has a rubber vvti oil line that can rupture resulting in engine failure. No TSB or recall yet - dealer acknowledged problem but wants $250 to fix with new metal line. Bidgestone 16" tires were about over half worn at 8K miles so replaced the el cheapo tires & hubcaps with 215/55/17 SE style alloys & Michelins which improved handling. Seats are very comfortable. In retrospect, I would pay the extra $1200 for the SE package for nicer interior and 17" alloy wheels.

Favorite Features

Smooth powerful drivetrain, great fuel economy, quiet ride with almost no wind or road noise. Great value - paid less for my 09 LEV6 than I paid for my 1997 LEV6 - in part because options like ignition interlock and power seats are now standard - and when gas was $4/gallon I got $3K off sticker.

Suggested Improvements

1) 17 inch wheels should be standard 2) Eliminate cheap Bridgestone tires 3) Dashboard is fine but the rest of the dishwater grey interior looks like it was designed to look cheap.

Tires are of poor quality
By Lynn

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our Camry's tires needed replacing at 20,000 miles. So disappointed. Hard to see while backing up.

Favorite Features

Comfortable ride. Love the design. Love the gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Better tires.