Used 2009 Toyota Camry Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Absolute Work of Art
By Ken

2009 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've got the model with the BBS wheels and the concave body kit. I love this car and everything about it. Traded my 2006 VW Passat in on it and couldn't be happier. There aren't many cars on the road that look better than this one. 4 cylinder engine runs like a champ. Plenty of power (especially for the wife).

Favorite Features

First, the BBS wheels and the body kit make it look like a sprint cup car. Other faves would be, the manual/auto shifter. The seats go all the way back so it dosen't matter if you're 5 foot tall or 7 foot tall you will have room. Last but not least of all my faves is the safety rating... peace of mind.

Suggested Improvements

Change the 2010 model nose back to the 2007-2009 nose. Other than that... heck, you can't fix something that is already perfect.

Paint peeling off front bumper
By Jill

2009 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Went to dealership. Said rock chip caused peeling, won't cover repair. I have had Toyotas before, under the same driving conditions for 4 yrs without this problem. Also, 1st gear is geared too high, have to rev engine or slip clutch to take off. Also, console storage and cup holders are not as usable as my 04 Corolla. Gear shifter hits cup in cupholder when shifting into 2nd, 4th or reverse.

Favorite Features

Exterior body style and 5 speed prevents excessive shifting when using cruise.

Suggested Improvements

Improve paint quality and durability, adjust console spacing for 5 speed, and have adjustable cup holders.

No Fun.
By fbanksw

2009 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I loved my 93 Camry, but sold it and bought a Nissan Altima - huge mistake. Nothing but woes, but when my son started college instead of trading it (and losing money). I gave it to him and happily went out to get myself the 2009 Camry. It's been a big disappointment. The transmission seems to constantly self adjust on even the slightest of hills and it's so annoying, how it seems to struggle to accelerate. It's totally a drag, especially when the AC is on and this has taken all the fun out of driving my new car.

Favorite Features

The car is absolutely beautiful and spacious.

Suggested Improvements

I have a 4 cylinder, but is there something wrong with my car? It has NO power.