2009 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Good Machine
By nolanm on 02/28/14 07:57 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The transmission is quick to kick down to a lower gear and hold the rpms high when I need it to. When I'm driving easy it drives easy as well and gives me soft buttery shifts at low rpm. It also has an engine braking feature that automatically downshifts if it senses I am dragging the brakes on a long grade. You couldn't ask for a better automatic. Handling is soft which I prefer, but it also has great feel at the limit, if a turn is taken too fast it behaves predictably and its easy to regain control. I love the interior, it's minimalist by design, very classy. Too bad other's deride it for lacking more chrome rings and ugly doodads.

its a love hate relationship
By michelle1969 on 08/07/13 18:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Overall I love the car and it rides like a dream, but my car has 62k on it and my dash is melting and I have very odd shakes rattles and rolls going on. Is anyone aware of any recalls for the dash melting? Its really annoying, and for $15k (I just bought it 3 months ago). I dont think I should have a melting dashboard in a car that is only 5 years old

Dashboard Sticky and Melting in Sunlight
By ses4747 on 05/28/13 20:22 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car used. In the 1st week my dashboard appeared overly shiny and sticky to touch. In the 3 weeks I've had it my dash as begun st melt literally with small to medium size holes in it. If anyone has the same problem I'd like to know. [HTML removed].

Extrimly Fun
By sashach on 05/12/13 07:40 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We bought 2009 Camry Se about 8 months ago in Autumn and i have to say in the beginning it was a little iffy. The first thing we noticed is rattles in the dash panel, which Toyota told us would cost 900$ to fix. (p.s. i fixed most of the rattles for 10$ by applying a thin strip of spongy material under the dashboard clock). Another thing that was little strange is the whining noise coming from the engine on low rpms, but after asking around i was told its the way engine works and no problems after 10 k km. Other than that it is a gorgeous car, this is my first vehicle and its my baby. One thing to note is if buying, ask if the car has wind kit and nv008-07 upgrade.

We got a lemon
By kfran on 05/03/13 07:32 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Well it's bound to happen that when a company makes thousands of a product, there will be a bad egg in there somewhere. Unfortunately, we bought the bad egg. Camry was purchased brand new and at 24,000 miles we started having problems with the car nearly quiting on us as we were driving it. Engine light came on & we've had it at a local Toyota dealership if not every week but every few months since (we now have over 60,000 miles). The car has had the computer reset, a coil replaced, last Friday April 29, a spark plug was replaced after the Toyota engineers reviewed the codes because the mechanics couldn't figure it out. Well, sorry to say, the car is back in the shop today-still not fixed!

Best Car I've driven and owned
By mike_inmid5 on 02/22/13 19:49 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

First off, I have been in sales for 25 years. Many of those years were company supplied vehicles. Ford Taurus', Explorer. Have also owned Dodge Pickup, etc. All typical American vehicles. This Camry is just so much more refined than all those vehicles. Despite it being a 4 cylinder, the vehicle is plenty fast, and can pass at will (unless someone is doing 90 mph, then I wont pass them).Interior is great, I get a lot of compliments believe it or not, with SE the Ice Blue color. I have had zero maintenance problems. NADA ! Just change oil. At 46,000 miles now, and love every minute of it. The engine is bulletproof, and the ride is very comfortable. I'll likely keep it until 250,000 miles.

Reliable' but lacking
By prodriver82 on 02/12/13 18:10 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought a 2009 Toyota Camry in November 2011 as a replacement for a 2005 Chevy Trail Blazer with 126,000 miles & we had for 6 years. At first, we liked the Camry. Took the car on at least one long distance monthly trip. Every month for a year. But even before we made it to 7 months, we were looking for a SUV platform vehicle to replace the Camry. The Camry is what it is. Solid transportation. It just wasn't our cup of tea. If your considering a Camry to purchase, steer more towards the SE or the XLE versions. You will be happier.

Fully Satisfied Camry owner
By stevenzhuli on 11/16/12 16:55 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought a used 2009 camry V6 LE with 98K mileage, measured 2 days trip, average gas at 7.3L /100km, about 32MPG, Mostly country road driving. I am very happy with the purchase. Good acceleration, excellent commut car. Very quiet. I am hesitating to buy a V6 since the gas price. But the camry really surprise me. So far did not see anything wrong with it.

Good car.
By malikj on 11/02/12 09:55 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have about 45k miles on it. It's a great car for the money. I'll stick with Toyota.

NOT MEANT FOR SHORT PEOPLE
By dendennnn on 10/30/12 17:11 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am 5 feet tall. I have to pull my seat out so close, that I can't even pull down the visor when the sun is out or it'll hit my head. (Also pulling the eat in and out sucks because the button makes it move so slow.) The Camry is meant for tall, big or buff guys. Not for a 5 foot lady! It's a good car. Some cons are that it doesn't even have a compass. I can't fast forward my music either. It is a reliable car and it's good on gas. I never fill up more than half because the as wastes less this way. I get about 20-23 mpg.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Camry in WA is:

$139 per month*