Outlived any American car I ever owned!
By cooksfallskid on
2008 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I owned several brand new Chevys and NONE of them came close to the reliability of my 08 Camry. ALL of the Chevys I had ever owned were in need of major service before 30k. I regularly commute from Upstate NY and this car never gave me any trouble. I follow the owners manual and service it myself. Synth. oil from day 1. I will not let those butchers at the dealership touch this car. Aside from the normal wear and tear items it is the most reliable car I have ever owned. I never had a car that had factory brakes last 100k! The only major component replaced was the water pump. I drive this car HARD and make regular trips to .FLA and NC 2 to 3 times a year with it. Toyota got it right this time
Favorite Features
I drove the 4 cylinder automatic and then the 4 cylinder manual. Its like night and day! The 5 speed is a blast to drive. excellent acceleration. It will chirp the tires through third! The clutch has currently 139,000 miles on it and shows no signs of slippage or chatter. Once this car is rolling it goes! The Chevy Impala cannot keep up with it on top end (Most Chevys has a top speed limiter 103-107mph) I have had this up easily to 125 mph and pulled away from them.
Suggested Improvements
One thing I find talking to other Camry owners, tire life is very very poor on this car. I have researched and bought the best tires I could afford. They will not last more than 2 1/2 -3 years or 35,000k. Even with regular alignment checks (every 6-8 months) in needs a slight tweaking every time and all front end parts are good.